Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@TeraFlex,

The description on the website for the Alpha HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit states:
Note(s):

• The factory tailgate can only support the weight of up to a 35” spare tire and wheel combo w/out reinforcement. A tailgate reinforcement is required to support up to a 39” spare tire and wheel combo. TeraFlex Alpha HD Tailgate Reinforcement coming soon!
I have the carrier for my 35” tires and love it. I want 37” soon and want tailgate reinforcement. Can you give any information on when “coming soon” actually might be? Will it be a hinged type and priced comparably to the JK model? Thanks!

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jk-alpha-hd-aluminum-hinged-carrier-kit
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I run the Alpha HD on the RR hinge kit. Works great!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I run the Alpha HD on the RR hinge kit. Works great!
Thanks, great to know in case the @TeraFlex part takes longer than I can wait. I haven’t worried much about the extra weight thus far (92 lbs) with OEM Rubicon wheels and 35s because it’s not extremely heavy and it’s not a daily driver. But with heavier 37s I’ll want to make sure there’s not more strain on the door than it should handle.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Chocolate Thunder I was wondering the same waiting around for the teraflex hinge. I have 37s going on next week and ended up ordering the rusty's hinge/tire carrier. I was tempted to do the rugged ridge/alpha carrier combo but would have had to find a new antenna mounting solution - rusty's has an antenna provision (so one less thing to bolt on/find a location once it's installed)

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I’m in the same boat, except I’ve been running 37 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge for the last several months without any tailgate reinforcement, just the Alpha HD carrier. Fine so far, and I watch it closely. No detectable tail gate sag. However, I’ll be first in line to purchase the Teraflex tailgate reinforcement bracket if/when it emerges. It feels super heavy, really wanna strengthen it.

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I would love to hear an answer too. I went with the Alpha relocation bracket due to the the adjustability and lower cost but have a few rattles that I don't to get worse.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
I would love to hear an answer too. I went with the Alpha relocation bracket due to the the adjustability and lower cost but have a few rattles that I don't to get worse.
I think I’ll ditch the alpha mount bc I’m not convinced a Teraflex tailgate reinforcement is coming. Even before the recent craziness, Teraflex could not be more vague about if / when something is coming. I’m looking at the Rustys tire mount and reinforcement system - may go that route.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I think I’ll ditch the alpha mount bc I’m not convinced a Teraflex tailgate reinforcement is coming. Even before the recent craziness, Teraflex could not be more vague about if / when something is coming. I’m looking at the Rustys tire mount and reinforcement system - may go that route.
I like the look of the one from CavFab. Guess I need to start doing some research.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
I also like the Evo mount, but reports of rusting and I don’t want to bother with doing my own powder coating right now. I liked that Rustys is ecoated before powder coat.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Bocephus I should have my jeep back with a rusty's on it tomorrow. I was packaged well, powder coat looked good, and it seems solid. My jeep's in for lift and 37s yesterday/today and should see how it works out tomorrow.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Shopping so I’m subscribing.

KO1159

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sting Gray
Occupation
Firefighter
After emailing with the sales team at Teraflex, I was told the release of their hinge reinforcement kit for the JL is scheduled for SEMA, which is in November!!! Seems like a long ways away...

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I asked them last year and was told it would be available sometime in the beginning of this year... I'm in the same boat. I have the tire carrier and would like to add the hinge reinforcement.

KO1159

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sting Gray
Occupation
Firefighter
Yes, initially I was told first couple months of 2020, but then again reached out last week and he said... November. Bummer because my Teraflex tire carrier has been awesome, but my tailgate is sagging and The latch is rattling like crazy. Had to take it off. Rolling around minus a spare tire. Can’t wait u til November, gotta find another companies product... sucks, really wanted the teraflex setup.

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, initially I was told first couple months of 2020, but then again reached out last week and he said... November. Bummer because my Teraflex tire carrier has been awesome, but my tailgate is sagging and The latch is rattling like crazy. Had to take it off. Rolling around minus a spare tire. Can’t wait u til November, gotta find another companies product... sucks, really wanted the teraflex setup.
Have you checked out the Spartacus HD Tire Carrier Hinge Casting by Rugged Ridge?

I installed it on my rig this past weekend. Very happy with it, this thing is rock solid.

I'm also using it in combination with the Teraflex Spare Tire Mounting Kit, which I also installed this past weekend.

Rubicon - 1031 - 03-15-20_new.jpg

Rubicon - 1032 - 03-15-20_new.jpg
Sponsored