Estimated time to install Mopar lift kit

JeepEagle1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Punk'n Metallic
Purchased my JLUR, 3.6L, automatic, yesterday and the dealer is installing a Mopar 2' lift kit. What is the estimated hours to install this lift?
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Purchased my JLUR, 3.6L, automatic, yesterday and the dealer is installing a Mopar 2' lift kit. What is the estimated hours to install this lift?
A competent mechanic with a vehicle lift and air tools should able to knock it out in less than two hours. I did mine in my garage with hand tools and it took just over four hours, but a good part of that was having trouble getting the damn control arm bolts loose. Man, those were a bitch.

It's an incredibly simple and easy lift to install.

OP
OP
JeepEagle1

JeepEagle1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Punk'n Metallic
A competent mechanic with a vehicle lift and air tools should able to knock it out in less than two hours. I did mine in my garage with hand tools and it took just over four hours, but a good part of that was having trouble getting the damn control arm bolts loose. Man, those were a bitch.

It's an incredibly simple and easy lift to install.
Thanks. The dealer salesman thought it would take 16 hours to install. I'm like "What?" That can't be.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Thanks. The dealer salesman thought it would take 16 hours to install. I'm like "What?" That can't be.
Yeah, my Toyota dealer quoted me 5hrs labor for valve cover gaskets too... :giggle:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Unfortunately, no Jeep dealership is going to give you a remotely good deal on installing that lift.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I charge 3-4 hours for the install, but I loosen and torque all the bolts when the Jeep is settled on the ground. That last part alone takes almost an hour crawling around on the ground with the creeper.
The time also includes putting the Jeep on the lift, test driving and centering the steering wheel.
I could easily do it in two hours if I rushed it and skipped some of those steps, but I like to take my time on suspension installs bc one loose bolt can have serious consequences(especially if a control arm bolt falls off or you forget to torque the wheels and one falls off.)
Just my two cents...

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
I believe Mopar estimates 2.5 hours for labor to install the lift. I know it's easier than the JK mopar lift.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
And you are still letting them install it? Like TTE said 4hrs top, hope you don’t get stuck with a 16hr labor bill from the dealer.
Sponsored