Sponsored

Escalating parts issues to FCA

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
it's not as much of a shortage as it is a production issue. Vietnam is experiencing spiking case numbers and put orders in place to combat that. As a result their factories are not turning out the furniture that they normally do. It seems to roll around the globe and every country has a different reaction.
There is definitely a shortage of materials for end products. A shortage of one single raw material or component can halt an entire product line. And it goes down the chain from there. I herd there is a shortage of nylon. Apparently nylon is used in the manufacturing of many electrical components. No nylon can mean halted automotive production. It's not just a material shortage. Labor also. Some companies are having a hard time with their labor force.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Well praise Jesus! I am thrilled to hear YOU know how to solve the global sourcing issues. You should get right on that, you will be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams! Not so sure the Jeep forum is going to be a good source for this level of salvation but Good Luck!.

If you could, please put a good word in for my new truck on order, held up by parts shortages. Appreciate the help...
I'm also fluent in sarcasm so i'm picking up what you're putting down.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Please quote me where I claim to sell furniture?
our warehouses where we store future inventory are absolutely empty. it's freakishly eerie to walk into one. i showed a customer once a few weeks ago and there was one truck left in a warehouse that normally has hundreds.
Wait wait.. mea culpa. I tied in the furniture in vietnam discussion into your ordeal.

but what part do you need?? Youd be surprised how gracious folks are around here, they may have an extra one of what you need in some massive warehouse locally they could provide you.

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Wait wait.. mea culpa. I tied in the furniture in vietnam discussion into your ordeal.

but what part do you need?? Youd be surprised how gracious folks are around here, they may have an extra one of what you need in some massive warehouse locally they could provide you.
great segue back into the discussion. it's the fuel supply tube kit for the ecodiesel timing cover repair. part #68524869AA ... they're providing estimated arrival dates but those can't be trusted.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
great segue back into the discussion. it's the fuel supply tube kit for the ecodiesel timing cover repair. part #68524869AA ... they're providing estimated arrival dates but those can't be trusted.
How far out are they estimating?

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Yo… so i took your advice, and used my words.

my local connection told me there’s one at Nielsen Jeep in Hanover, NJ. 973-515-2009.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

my local connection told me there’s one at Nielsen Jeep in Hanover, NJ. 973-515-2009.
You are a better man than some. Thanks for throwing OP a bone.👍 Maybe he will pay it forward one day.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
You are a better man than some. Thanks for throwing OP a bone.
I been there… paying it forward.

Feel free to give him a ‘truck load of overland productions’ sh!t for it 🤣

Lmao… you know what i could of done is sourced myself, and charged him 3x for it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I been there… paying it forward.

Feel free to give him a ‘truck load of overland productions’ sh!t for it 🤣
I literally typed and added this just as you did. :LOL:

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
good luck. I needed a replacement brake line a month ago and the dealer told me they were on 3 month backorder. it's a damn brake line, how much simpler can it be?

ended up going with Rusty's braided steel lines but had to wait a week for shipping.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR

You're a good person - we need more of you around these interwebs