Epic FAIL when upgrading from 7"to 8.4" Uconnect

AAdams24

First Name
Andy Adams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Unfortunately I followed the advise of the ordering tools on the various mopar sites and ordered a 68429177AB for the 8.4 Uconnect head unit instead of part 68295725ZF mentioned by others as a suitable unit. I had the 7" unit with Sirius. I ordered from MoparPartsAZ.

There are several issues with this model no Sirius, backup camera does not work, units are in metric, themes are chrysler. There are 3 connectors, Red, White, aqua and the main data connection.

Any thoughts if this can be configured to for my Wrangler?
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Can you return it? May be easier to just get the correct one.

OP
OP
AAdams24

AAdams24

First Name
Andy Adams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update, When I started my Wrangler today Uconnect was configured for the Jeep. I still don't have NAV or Sirius. Both show in the interface but are not functional. It's also displaying metric units.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Update, When I started my Wrangler today Uconnect was configured for the Jeep. I still don't have NAV or Sirius. Both show in the interface but are not functional. It's also displaying metric units.
[/
Here is the 8.4 part number I ordered which is the 8.4 w/navigation You can change from metric using the settings menu
Jeep Wrangler JL Epic FAIL when upgrading from 7"to 8.4" Uconnect D00A2756-42F4-4289-97CA-48CB8808D753

Sponsored

OP
OP
AAdams24

AAdams24

First Name
Andy Adams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Steve,

Do you know if this part has the NAV/SAT and LTE connections? I did get approval to return the other unit but I want to make sure this is the one I need before placing another order.
What I did was build all the Jeeps that allow for an 8.4 upgrade and took the code and compared it to the site and it leads me to that link. For LTE you also need to purchase the antenna. I can get you that part number. Most don't realize when they upgrade to the 8.4 you don't get everything off the jump. If you have Sirus now then you'll be fine if you don't you probably need that antenna as well.

Here is a link that should show you what you need for Sat and LTE.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2020-jeep-wrangler/electrical/antennae_radio_satellite_gps_and_cellular.html?filter=E=ERC;T=DFT;M=Unlimited Sport 4WD&diagram=i2548422

All these mounts on top of the sound bar.

70977.jpg

OP
OP
AAdams24

AAdams24

First Name
Andy Adams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I did was build all the Jeeps that allow for an 8.4 upgrade and took the code and compared it to the site and it leads me to that link. For LTE you also need to purchase the antenna. I can get you that part number. Most don't realize when they upgrade to the 8.4 you don't get everything off the jump. If you have Sirus now then you'll be fine if you don't you probably need that antenna as well.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2020-jeep-wrangler/electrical/antennae_radio_satellite_gps_and_cellular.html?filter=E=ERC;T=DFT;M=Unlimited Sport 4WD&diagram=i2548422

Thanks Steve,

I already bought the antenna and cable. I'll ask the store where I bought it today if they can get the 68429173AB unit.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
No problem Andy let us know how it all works out. I plan on upgrading my 7 to the 8.4 in the future so I'll need to add the wifi antenna so I've been doing all the research to get an idea of what I am in for.

OP
OP
AAdams24

AAdams24

First Name
Andy Adams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem Andy let us know how it all works out. I plan on upgrading my 7 to the 8.4 in the future so I'll need to add the wifi antenna so I've been doing all the research to get an idea of what I am in for.
It's super easy to change out probably 10-15 minutes. I just need to get the right unit.

How did you figure out that was the right unit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AAdams24

AAdams24

First Name
Andy Adams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL Epic FAIL when upgrading from 7"to 8.4" Uconnect 70977
What site did you use to build the Jeep? Where did you find the codes?

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
It's super easy to change out probably 10-15 minutes. I just need to get the right unit.

How did you figure out that was the right unit?
I went on Jeeps site and built a Rubicon, Sahara, and a Willys with the Sun and Sound Package, and each one used the same code for the 8.4 upgraded screen. Then I went to the site I linked for the correct radio and the same code showed up on the description.

Jeep Wrangler JL Epic FAIL when upgrading from 7"to 8.4" Uconnect radio

I then took the part number and ran it on the Mopar Parts site and it confirmed it would work for the Jeep. 2019 Jeep Wrangler Parts - Display System - 68429173AB

ENadeau

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Here’s what I ordered from All Mopar Parts. They’re a vendor on the forum as well. Newest 8.4” with Nav.
9150357B-8F7E-4200-A801-DB581A2E8237.jpeg

OP
OP
AAdams24

AAdams24

First Name
Andy Adams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s what I ordered from All Mopar Parts. They’re a vendor on the forum as well. Newest 8.4” with Nav.
Jeep Wrangler JL Epic FAIL when upgrading from 7"to 8.4" Uconnect 9150357B-8F7E-4200-A801-DB581A2E8237
That part number is not listed as compatible with the 2019/2020 Wranglers.

ENadeau

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Correct. According to All Mopar Parts, here are the two with NAV.

88E1D5DB-7792-4990-8069-642E3CF1A6B9.jpeg

Benny is quick to respond if you wanted to double check but I couldn’t find an updated radio version since that post. Like Punk’n Willy, looks like it would be 68429173AB.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored