Sponsored

Epic fail! Didnt get AUX tow group - solutions?

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Hello, i just realized that i miserably failed.. forgot to order the AUX/Tow package on my build and car just got here. I think i missed it during rush order process as I saw TOW and figured i can get that later but missed AUX part which i was really looking forward to and was under impression entire time that it was part of my order!

I wanted to see if anyone knows if the car has the 7 and 4 pin harnes where one can buy OEM AUX switch panel and install it, and upgrade to 700 amp battery.. reason i ask some MFR's include the wiring in there anyway in event upgrades are done later but perhaps its not there.. if its not there i wonder if that harness could be added or better to just go aftermarket like RC MCL-6 or equivalent? I was really hoping for clean factory AUX switchbox.. darn it soo upset!

Thanks all!

tow.png
Yep, I made the same mistake when I bought my 2018 and figured I could add it later only to find out that to install the wiring harness was a major task, I did add the hitch which worked fine for my bicycle rack. When I ordered my 2022 I made sure I checked that box. There may be some easier solutions to the wiring now... Good luck!

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
I bought my '21 JLUR-XR used and it did not have the tow package and Aux switches. I read some threads on the Mopar Aux install then decided to just go the simpler router with Voswitch with 6 switches. The fit could certainly be better but once installed in the dash there's no light to filter through so the poor fit is not noticeable.
60de5f78-b386-4bff-ab38-70e489519e3b-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
Thank you all!! looks like Voswitch is gonna be a route for me as i'm getting this only for simple LED Aux lighting and seems most cost effective plus comes with labels :)

Next time i'm ordering OEM AUX for sure! :)

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I did the Mopar kit, only 4xe hangup is the relay box interferes with the brake reservoir if you use the included bracket. You'd basically have to rewire the box to relocate with out finding a spot for 10' of wire. The box itself will just rest in the intended location if necessary.

Install kind of sucks, but it's really just the CAN connection that was a PITA for me, everything else is pretty standard, and I'd assume you'd have the same basic process for any wired kit.

Kit I used was 82215798AE, Rubi silver trim on mine.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can't do much about the alternator upgrade now.. wait until the engine warranty runs out to upgrade to the 240amps.

The AUX switch is an easy fix - buy either the mopar one OR aftermarket one from Lasfit and install it yourself.

Jeep Wrangler JL Epic fail! Didnt get AUX tow group - solutions? 1663267251311

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I bought my '21 JLUR-XR used and it did not have the tow package and Aux switches. I read some threads on the Mopar Aux install then decided to just go the simpler router with Voswitch with 6 switches. The fit could certainly be better but once installed in the dash there's no light to filter through so the poor fit is not noticeable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Epic fail! Didnt get AUX tow group - solutions? 1663267251311
looks good, did you only install AUX and not the tow wiring?

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I have the same 6 switch VOS that goes in the OEM location. Works great easy install but I think the placement (left hand use) on the pillar is a great idea.

FYI: I added the two harness as well to mine (bought off lot) it was a pita but I think the latest version you can get from Mopar routes the harness under the jeep so easier install... if my memory is correct. Even the one I did wasn't all that bad, just time consuming.

Chopperace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
If you have the 3.6 with the eTorque you don't have an alternator.

Sponsored

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Thank you all!! looks like Voswitch is gonna be a route for me as i'm getting this only for simple LED Aux lighting and seems most cost effective plus comes with labels :)

Next time i'm ordering OEM AUX for sure! :)
FYI - noticed earlier this week someone has a stack of these JL300’s NIB.. listed in member marketplace section.

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
Tow package? what did you order? it has always been about $1,000.
im not sure about that - i remember getting it solely for the low price / added upgrades and im fairly certain it was between 3 and 4 hundred when i built my jeep
Sponsored