EPA website - watch these to know when deliveries might start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
We have an optional peak fee structure here in FL. Never signed up for it since we don't keep regular hours. Folks that are away at work during the hot part of the day really save with the program.

You are correct. Don't put the base fees in for the kwh calculations, but add the variable taxes and energy surcharges in to it.

I'm not planning to install a level 2 system so I would have the flexibility to set the 110v level 1 system up on a standard timer. I would hope that the level 2 charger would have a timer function so you could have it on only between midnight and 6am if desired, but I dont think that's the case. For around $150 you could get a 240v timer for something like a pool or irrigation system that would handle the level 2 load. Would probably pay for itself in the difference in low peak charges.
Just wondering why you would need a timer function in the charger when you can schedule charging through the vehicle?
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
We have an optional peak fee structure here in FL. Never signed up for it since we don't keep regular hours. Folks that are away at work during the hot part of the day really save with the program.

You are correct. Don't put the base fees in for the kwh calculations, but add the variable taxes and energy surcharges in to it.

I'm not planning to install a level 2 system so I would have the flexibility to set the 110v level 1 system up on a standard timer. I would hope that the level 2 charger would have a timer function so you could have it on only between midnight and 6am if desired, but I dont think that's the case. For around $150 you could get a 240v timer for something like a pool or irrigation system that would handle the level 2 load. Would probably pay for itself in the difference in low peak charges.
You can set when you want the vehicle to charge in the the hybrid menus. No need for a charger with timer feature, or a separate timer.

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy

I read the 4xe Owners Manual supplement and it sound like you can program the Jeep to charge during the times of your choosing. No need to buy a timer.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
You can set when you want the vehicle to charge in the the hybrid menus. No need for a charger with timer feature, or a separate timer.
Didn't think about that. The Jeep can set the time. I was focusing on the charger.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wondering why you would need a timer function in the charger when you can schedule charging through the vehicle?
I wasn't aware of that feature, obviously.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I wasn't aware of that feature, obviously.
Didn't want you to maybe spend more to get something you don't need unless there was a specific reason.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe

I am pretty sure you can program charging times on the jeep itself. I may be mistaken but I think that is an option. I recently added a 240 volt 50 amp outlet to the garage. Cost about $40 in parts. We could probably get by with a 12 volt outlet only too but I am sure I will go ahead and get a level 2 charger especially if I can get the 30% tax credit.

Sorry was typing this while the other was posted

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am pretty sure you can program charging times on the jeep itself. I may be mistaken but I think that is an option. I recently added a 240 volt 50 amp outlet to the garage. Cost about $40 in parts. We could probably get by with a 12 volt outlet only too but I am sure I will go ahead and get a level 2 charger especially if I can get the 30% tax credit.

Sorry was typing this while the other was posted
There's a thread here somewhere listing a cheaper level 2 charger than the Mopar one. I'm planning on level 1 since I got all night and there's a free level 2 station 6 miles from my house near a beach bar overlooking several sand volleyball courts. Plan to partake of beer, beach and bikinis while parked next to the Teslas.

jetfixer

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I found this on the EPA website.
Jeep Wrangler JL EPA website - watch these to know when deliveries might start E1BD6730-3DBD-4156-B680-C3CCD58A3C4F

Sponsored

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
There's a thread here somewhere listing a cheaper level 2 charger than the Mopar one. I'm planning on level 1 since I got all night and there's a free level 2 station 6 miles from my house near a beach bar overlooking several sand volleyball courts. Plan to partake of beer, beach and bikinis while parked next to the Teslas.
If you're making a 50K investment in having a PHEV you'll want to spend a few hundred bucks for the level 2 at home. You'll be surprised how many times you'll be able to top off quickly and get a few extra EV miles. It happens all the time in my Pacifica. Common scenario: My wife will drain it running around town, come home plug it in and an hour later there's enough range to run and pick up the kids somewhere and it's drained again. Plug it back in and 2 hours later we have enough miles to go to the movies (when we used to go to the movies). In this case we charged it 3 hours during the day and got an extra 37 miles. If you did the same on a level 1 you'd get 6 extra miles. Don't skimp on the charger!!

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're making a 50K investment in having a PHEV you'll want to spend a few hundred bucks for the level 2 at home. You'll be surprised how many times you'll be able to top off quickly and get a few extra EV miles. It happens all the time in my Pacifica. Common scenario: My wife will drain it running around town, come home plug it in and an hour later there's enough range to run and pick up the kids somewhere and it's drained again. Plug it back in and 2 hours later we have enough miles to go to the movies (when we used to go to the movies). In this case we charged it 3 hours during the day and got an extra 37 miles. If you did the same on a level 1 you'd get 6 extra miles. Don't skimp on the charger!!
Good points, but it does have an ICE for last minute trips. I think I'll start out commando. I can always install a level 2 later if I find the level 1 too inconvenient.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
We all know the 4xE isn't going to fundamentally improve the environment, these holdups aren't preventing any offset of signifcant carbon lol. I'd rather the EPA hold Jeep to the proper standards than let multi billion dollar corporations lie to us. Look at what VW did, total joke.
Does anyone really give a crap about carbon offsets LOL, and when did Jeep lie to us? We are so used to Politicians and Gov hacks who were never elected lying to us. face it, most are considering the 4XE for the 7500 Kickback, makes it somewhat more affordable at the same time get better economy. Use the Gov regulations so to speak to get back at the unelected hacks most deplore in the EPA.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Does anyone really give a crap about carbon offsets LOL, and when did Jeep lie to us? We are so used to Politicians and Gov hacks who were never elected lying to us. face it, most are considering the 4XE for the 7500 Kickback, makes it somewhat more affordable at the same time get better economy. Use the Gov regulations so to speak to get back at the unelected hacks most deplore in the EPA.
Rebates no, at least not according to this informal poll. :) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...re-purchasing-a-4xe.66902/page-2#post-1414445
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.