Engine whine when in 4L and those dang weather alerts

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Took it offroading today on a snowy/dirt road and was in 4L and noticed a whine/whistle. What is that about? It's only in 4L since never heard it before nor after.

And how do you turn off those darn weather alerts? They are next to useless. "Winter advisory in Burlington, VT area", except i'm in CT.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Took it offroading today on a snowy/dirt road and was in 4L and noticed a whine/whistle. What is that about? It's only in 4L since never heard it before nor after.

And how do you turn off those darn weather alerts? They are next to useless. "Winter advisory in Burlington, VT area", except i'm in CT.
You have the 3.6 or 2.0T? The 2.0T with eTorque has a slight whine when you lift off the gas pedal. It's instant, the second you press the gas pedal it stops. You can hear it starting and stoping instantly when you lift and press the gas. I was told the whine is the mild hybrid charging or something?

I can't stand the weather alerts! Like you I get weather alerts for areas that are hours away! I have the 8.4" Infotainmant w/ Alpine.

I am all ears if anyone has figured out how to turn off the weather alerts.

OP
OP
CT_LFC

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
i got the 3.6. Actually did not notice if it goes away when pressing the gas pedal.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, there is no fix for the weather alerts short of spending $300 on a Tazer.

It is the most annoying --and useless- set up on my JL.

SportE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Sport, Audi S3, 2Dr Rubicon
Unfortunately, there is no fix for the weather alerts short of spending $300 on a Tazer.

It is the most annoying --and useless- set up on my JL.
They are annoying. I live in the mountains of Vermont so the alerts are frequent. The problem I have is that it keeps telling you and telling you. I KNOW ALREADY! I am in the car in a blizzard. I can look out the window.

Sponsored

SportE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are annoying. I live in the mountains of Vermont so the alerts are frequent. The problem I have is that it keeps telling you and telling you. I KNOW ALREADY! I am in the car in a blizzard. I can look out the window.
Sorry, not car. Truck or Jeep

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed. It will tell you, and it will tell you again, and then it will you again...and again. Same here in Washington State: chances are there’s a storm somewhere this time of year, even if it is 300 miles away.

The worst part is it blocks off the entire screen and won’t go away until you hit “OK.” So you have to constantly keep hitting OK to acknowledge alerts to which you have already been alerted, multiple times.

FCA should add an option on UConnect Settings to turn off the damn thing.

SportE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it an XM radio thing? If you get rid of that do you also get rid of off road pages?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I wonder if UConnect has some kind of support or maybe XM?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Get a Tazer. Worth every penny.
Sponsored