First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
Hi, i just noticed my engine warm up very quickly, im driving down the street like 1/2 mile + its already warmed up. I'm guessing this is normal?
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Yes, and a good thing.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yes it is a good thing and it seems to run about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than my 15' JK did at normal operating temperature.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Very good thing, want it running at optimal temp as much as possible.
And also helps when you live in Maine winters. Wife’s Subaru takes 6-8 minutes

Sponsored

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I was planning on posting a thread about this asking how it's possible. It's incredible how quickly it can start blowing hot air. Is it doing anything special to accomplish this? The coolant temp reads over 190 after just a few blocks from a cold start. I've never experienced anything like it before.

OP
OP
Mkz567

Mkz567

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
I asked because ive owned 10+ cars and never had a car/ suv warm up this fast. My hybrid takes 15+ minutes to warm up. My jeep takes like 25 seconds.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My coolant temp gets to 195-200 pretty darn quick here in Katy Tx but it’s summer time, the rest of the temps run pretty warm to but I am thinking it’s all relvelent, coolant runs195-210, trans about the same as coolant, oil temp runs slightly warmer but the fan seems to keep everything in check as once the coolant get 215+ the fan brings it back down pretty quick to the 195+ range

I would like to know what the design temps are for all of these so one could tell if they have a problem

tarndesigns

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Thank god. My current GTI takes FOREVER. The heat, the heated seats too... FOREVER.

Can’t wair for my punk’n JLUR to come in!

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I noticed that too. But my previous Jeep was a 2008 and had the iron block 3.8L. New one has an aluminum block. That'll heat up faster than iron. Someone with a more recent JK would have to chime in on whether the JL heats up faster than an aluminum block JK.

Sponsored

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
My 2012 JK would heat up very quickly also. By the time I got out of the parking deck and to the first red light it was blowing hot air.

Instarand

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hi, i just noticed my engine warm up very quickly, im driving down the street like 1/2 mile + its already warmed up. I'm guessing this is normal?
Old thread revival. Don’t forget, “engine temperature” is a generic phrase. You have coolant temp and oil temp. Coolant will heat up quickly and allow hot air to blow etc. Oil temp is more relevant to “my engine has warmed up.” It’s best to avoid hard engine load (full/hard throttle or high rpm) before oil reaches operating temp. Oil temp will take longer to warm up vs coolant.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Old thread revival. Don’t forget, “engine temperature” is a generic phrase. You have coolant temp and oil temp. Coolant will heat up quickly and allow hot air to blow etc. Oil temp is more relevant to “my engine has warmed up.” It’s best to avoid hard engine load (full/hard throttle or high rpm) before oil reaches operating temp. Oil temp will take longer to warm up vs coolant.
That’s why I appreciate FCA putting oil temperature gauge on many of their vehicles.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Thank god. My current GTI takes FOREVER. The heat, the heated seats too... FOREVER.

Can’t wair for my punk’n JLUR to come in!
I took a 2018 GTI out for a test drive recently. The heated seats did take a while to warm up. You will be very happy with how fast the JL heated seats warm up. The heated steering wheel is really nice also.

hotttdogggg

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think it heats up so fast because of the catalytic converters. It's been running a tad warm so I might go to 5w20. Heated steering wheel is hottttt! I never turn it on until it's under 20f.

mojito.jpeg
Sponsored