Engine light on, won’t go into drive, service shifter

Kola 18JL

First Name
Kola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Member Foxess posted her experience on the service shifter issue. Her experiences and mine are almost identical.

engine Light is on.
Cold weather seems to make it act up, when it’s cold outside, lots of lights come on, it gets stuck in park won’t go into drive. Sometimes it just reads service shifter. I’ve noticed if I left it warm up for a bit I’m able to put it in drive, engine is at this point the only light on.

I’ve had it to the dealer 3 times now for this same issue. The issue is still there so I will need to take it back to the dealer.

they said they replaced the ABS module, which didn’t fix the problem.

help!!!
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There isn’t enough information here for anyone to help you. Without a sophisticated scan tool and significant technical knowledge, it’s just going to need to go back to the dealer.

arwood

First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019
I’m having similar issues with my 2019 Jeep Wrangler and nobody seems to be able to figure it out. I’ve taken it to multiple different shops over the past few months and it’s only getting worse. Do you know if anyone has filed a class action lawsuit for these issues?

Issues:
- randomly gets stuck in park
- shuts off randomly when stopped (red lights, drive throughs…)
- every light on the dash randomly comes on (brake light, engine light, ABS light, service shifter, traction control off, service 4WD, electronic throttle control, service stop/start system, etc)
- windshield whippers randomly turn on
- randomly accelerates for a second when driving then goes back to normal
- sometimes when I turn it off the vehicle will shake for a second

diesel_dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4xe
I’m having similar issues with my 2019 Jeep Wrangler and nobody seems to be able to figure it out. I’ve taken it to multiple different shops over the past few months and it’s only getting worse. Do you know if anyone has filed a class action lawsuit for these issues?

Issues:
- randomly gets stuck in park
- shuts off randomly when stopped (red lights, drive throughs…)
- every light on the dash randomly comes on (brake light, engine light, ABS light, service shifter, traction control off, service 4WD, electronic throttle control, service stop/start system, etc)
- windshield whippers randomly turn on
- randomly accelerates for a second when driving then goes back to normal
- sometimes when I turn it off the vehicle will shake for a second
My money is on a dying battery or bad ground somewhere. Either thing can cause those wacky combinations of issues.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I have had very similar issues for the past few months with my 2019 Jeep Wrangler. Does anyone know if there has been a class action lawsuit related to these issues?
????

Sponsored

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Have either of you connected anything to the ground lugs in the engine compartment lately? My Gladiator acted the same way, didn't tighten up a ground lug enough.

arwood

First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019
I had a winch and front bumper installed which they hooked it up to the battery. I unhooked it but the issues didn’t go away.

newbie5150

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR in Silver Zenith. Engine 3.6 Etorque.
My 2020 Rubicon started doing this literally on the way home from the dealership. In the first 3 months we owned the vehicle, it was in the shop over 70 days for this issue as well as other electrical issues. We ended up trading in the Jeep because it was just one problem after another.
Sponsored