• Total voters

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
One more precaution to be taken is for engine shut off. I guess this is to protect the turbo.
It is covered on page 20 of the Diesel Supplement for how many minutes to idle under various conditions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Compression-Ignition

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Well, I officially love this fucking Jeep. Just went for a 110 mile peel, and drove the ever loving piss out of it. The.....ever......loving.......piss......out.......of.......it :rock: I wasn't expecting much in the way of economy on this run, but it still turned in 18.5 mpg's. I'm impressed by this JLURD, I really am. The drivetrain kicks ass and takes names, I mean, there is no better way to put it. If a buddy owned this, and had me take it for a spin, and asked me what I thought when I came back, I'd swear it was already tuned.

This one is my wife's rig, but if they pull through and offer the 3.0L in the Gladiator, I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with her.......serious. Emissions bullshit aside, this is how the Wrangler was meant to be powered.

Forgive me the rambling rant, but I'm just fucking tickled over here.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Well, I officially love this fucking Jeep. Just went for a 110 mile peel, and drove the ever loving piss out of it. The.....ever......loving.......piss......out.......of.......it :rock: I wasn't expecting much in the way of economy on this run, but it still turned in 18.5 mpg's. I'm impressed by this JLURD, I really am. The drivetrain kicks ass and takes names, I mean, there is no better way to put it. If a buddy owned this, and had me take it for a spin, and asked me what I thought when I came back, I'd swear it was already tuned.

This one is my wife's rig, but if they pull through and offer the 3.0L in the Gladiator, I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with her.......serious. Emissions bullshit aside, this is how the Wrangler was meant to be powered.

You won’t hear any arguments to the contrary from this happy customer!

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer

I just ordered a 2021 diesel last week, now i have to wait 12 to 15 weeks if i am lucky.. And posts like yours are note making it any easier :lipssealed:

Any new updates on how the engines are running for you guys??

OP
OP
Compression-Ignition

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I just ordered a 2021 diesel last week, now i have to wait 12 to 15 weeks if i am lucky.. And posts like yours are note making it any easier :lipssealed:

Still in love! Nothing untowards to report at all, it's seemingly a damn good rig. Think we're up to 1700 miles or so.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0

6000 miles, no issues. Pushes 37s around through stock 3.73 gearing like they’re nothing. Crawls in 4H making low range nearly irrelevant most of the time. Has tolerated 36” water fording with zero electrical or mechanical issues. Taking a 2000mile trip to the Arctic Ocean next weekend, almost half of which is off pavement. If it crushes that, my endorsement will be complete.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
6000 miles, no issues. Pushes 37s around through stock 3.73 gearing like they’re nothing. Crawls in 4H making low range nearly irrelevant most of the time. Has tolerated 36” water fording with zero electrical or mechanical issues. Taking a 2000mile trip to the Arctic Ocean next weekend, almost half of which is off pavement. If it crushes that, my endorsement will be complete.
Now i truly cant wait anymore haha! Thats amazing! Bronco can go to hell LOL
Please keep us updated on how that trip goes! Some people on this forum were making it sound like the diesel is bad for off road tasks and is only good for on road long distance travel...

I still pre-ordered mine because i was set on it! But i didn't believe what i read.. From the sound of it here though, it seems like it off roads just as good as the other 2 engine options!

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
At 2500 miles and loving it.
To be honest, I was a little bit nervous reading about some issues some members had with regen, but not a single issue for me. (Knock on wood)
I have had JKs, JL2.0L and JL V6 - the JLUWD is so far the most enjoyable.
Mostly highway miles - I average 27 mpg (and I turn off ESS most of the time).

There are two things I take extra precaution on this model:
I fill up diesel only from the same Shell station which is fairly busy.
Idle for a minute after a highway run.

Last edited:

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Now i truly cant wait anymore haha! Thats amazing! Bronco can go to hell LOL
Please keep us updated on how that trip goes! Some people on this forum were making it sound like the diesel is bad for off road tasks and is only good for on road long distance travel...

I still pre-ordered mine because i was set on it! But i didn't believe what i read.. From the sound of it here though, it seems like it off roads just as good as the other 2 engine options!
Fascinating to finally hear from someone who not only drove and owned the other optional engines minus the 392 but now can see how fantastic it is to drive a diesel Wrangler. Better range, better mileage, Tons of torque and power not not to mention the Bank's system will blow your mind if you ever add it to your diesel. It's the only Wrangler with the top of the line automatic transmission only found in the 392 and diesel and diesel options. Would do it again without a doubt( Diesel) with the strong interest ( runner-up) the 4XE. A $7500 federal tax credit 15 year life battery warranty. And I can leave my solar generator batteries at home while camping, overlanding. Because I sleep in my 4 door Wrangler, There would be the option to run the AC while sleeping without ever running the engine. Only the 4XE gives you that ability. Did I mention 0 to 60 in 6 seconds on full electric mode.

Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Totally off topic but given how many people only qualify for the standard deduction I always wonder how many people can fully take advantage of that, or any, credit.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Totally off topic but given how many people only qualify for the standard deduction I always wonder how many people can fully take advantage of that, or any, credit.
Since we're not talking a car used for business or part of a fleet it's my understanding that any Vehicle that has full electric capability allows that individual for a one time federal federal tax incentive. The Jeep 4XE can drive up to 30 miles on full electric.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

The sales person told me the same thing. I haven't received the Wrangler yet, but it is confusing.
I would never listen to the advice or opinion of a salesman for any make or model of a vehicle. I quizzed dozens of salesmen at different lots when the JL's were being released in 2018. Most didn't know crap. When I told them I was waiting for the diesel in 2020 they said the "Wangler will Never have a diesel it's only available in the Cherokee." "The new Wrangler JL is almost identical to the older Wrangler JK with a few updates and upgraded styling changes" MY A.. Aluminum hood, aluminum doors, titanium swing tailgate. Sloped windshield, LED lights, U-connect stereo system, 8 speed transmission, completely reengineered suspension, ect, ect. Salesman are busy with their personal phones on Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram, even seen them playing video games, while waiting for their next victim. Eager to get you to spend $60,000 on your 2nd largest purchase that most people make in their life. But won't put forth the effort to learn everything about every vehicle on their lot.... as they should!

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Since we're not talking a car used for business or part of a fleet it's my understanding that any Vehicle that has full electric capability allows that individual for a one time federal federal tax incentive. The Jeep 4XE can drive up to 30 miles on full electric.
I understand that part I just mean generally - how many people who qualify for it have their taxes set up to benefit from the credit. I don’t think a lot of Americans think about their taxes when they are purchasing the car. Clearly some do, but I bet a lot don’t. I don’t think most Americans don’t even understand our tax system in general lol.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
Old Timer (77) Suggestion for first 1,000 Miles: No WOT (Wide Open Throttle) & no steady RPM for long periods. After that, no WOT 'til operating temperature is reached. Same is suggested for all engines.
Sponsored