First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2017 WJ2 75th, 2011 F3shitty, 2006 Seadoo GTX sc
Occupation
Firefighter
Went to order a 2019 JLU Rubicon today and was met with some bad news. The 3.6 is currently unavailable for ordering in either 6spd or 8spd. This was confirmed by multiple dealerships. One dealer did say that Jeep is pushing the 2.0T hard and it's hurting his sales. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Sponsored

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Ummm he dealerships might not be able to order the 3.6 but I heard you can order it as a sold order.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
Went to order a 2019 JLU Rubicon today and was met with some bad news. The 3.6 is currently unavailable for ordering in either 6spd or 8spd. This was confirmed by multiple dealerships. One dealer did say that Jeep is pushing the 2.0T hard and it's hurting his sales. Does anyone have any insight on this?
One word...CAFE...Need to balance the quota in order to meet their numbers.

apprweb

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley, Toyota, Mercedes, Porsche, Ford
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
happened to me in September - they were on restriction for a period and could not order a 3.6 was finally able to order one oct 21st. just wait a few weeks and go back again.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Check with a different dealership they’re still very available to order they go in and out of restriction because they’re the most popular but if you’re patient it’s no problem. When I ordered my 2019 they were on restriction as well.

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Completely agree with Tyresmoker. What I've long suspected I just read in an article recently. Manufacturers need to find ways to meet stricter EPA ratings, one way is through ESS - Start/Stop technology. Which I've always felt is lame... My 2015 BMW 4 series had it, but I could disable it, and it stayed disabled. None the less, manufacturers receive credit (i.e. better benefits) if it's on ALWAYs on startup. Quick read:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...s-to-deactivate-stopstart-systems-temporarily

That being said, when I bought my 18 JLU Rubicon, I only wanted a 3.6. I've no need for 4 bangers in my life ever again. So to stuff a Jeep with a 4 banger and a low-speed turbo down my throat with some other electronic BSG nonsense is a no-go in my book. To that end, when I was searching for my Jeep, I did notice A LOT of 2.0's either on the lot or being delivered in short-term to the three dealers whose inventory I was searching. Buy 2018 3.6, if you can't wait. Otherwise, the fact that they are only spitting out 2.0's to meet fleet numbers for EPA regulations wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
The 3.6 ESS is not going anywhere soon. Jeep just released the specs on the 2020 JT pick up truck and the standard engine is the 3.6 ESS with no options for BSG. And a diesel option in calendar year 2020.
Sponsored