Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
They will be forced to have a charger, not much $$ in scheme of things, I mean, drill hole in wall on building, have electrician run circuit, attach charger to exterior wall, done!

My dealer wont waste the money on a new showroom, reality is he has 99% Jeeps on the lot currently, no dodges and a few Pacificas. doesnt really mater asking a small dealer to waste money on another show room accomplishes nothing, ask all the fools who built stores for Fiats LOL

Oh do Challengers, Chargers and Durangos have cooties, hence the logic for seperate showroom?? The corp people who dream up this stuff need to be shown the door.

I hardly think any Mopar customer is going to be offended if a Hellcat is parked next to their Sport S.
I dont know where these supid marketing people come up with such dumb edicts.
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Like the 4xe concept a lot - but why the grotesque afterthought looking charge portal? No other plug in hybrid/EV does such a poor body integration as the Wrangler.
Anyone other than me find this a little humorous?

How about "Why do they put the hinges on the outside of the door, nobody else does that (not even the Bronco)?"

or "Why can't they hide the spare tire somewhere like most every other car?"

or "Why can't they make the bumpers nicely integrated with the rest of the body like every other vehicle?"

It's a Jeep Wrangler. Pretty isn't necessarily the big seller, and people are going to buy them anyway.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
Anyone other than me find this a little humorous?

How about "Why do they put the hinges on the outside of the door, nobody else does that (not even the Bronco)?"

or "Why can't they hide the spare tire somewhere like most every other car?"

or "Why can't they make the bumpers nicely integrated with the rest of the body like every other vehicle?"

It's a Jeep Wrangler. Pretty isn't necessarily the big seller, and people are going to buy them anyway.
I mean, it's a simple and obvious answer. They put the charge port on a panel that is easily replaceable, so low impact to manufacturing. It's the size it is because of the need for a door and the size of the connectors and conductor wires inside the panel. And to make it look rugged because it's still a Wrangler.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
They will be forced to have a charger, not much $$ in scheme of things, I mean, drill hole in wall on building, have electrician run circuit, attach charger to exterior wall, done!

My dealer wont waste the money on a new showroom, reality is he has 99% Jeeps on the lot currently, no dodges and a few Pacificas. doesnt really mater asking a small dealer to waste money on another show room accomplishes nothing, ask all the fools who built stores for Fiats LOL

Oh do Challengers, Chargers and Durangos have cooties, hence the logic for seperate showroom?? The corp people who dream up this stuff need to be shown the door.

I hardly think any Mopar customer is going to be offended if a Hellcat is parked next to their Sport S.
I dont know where these supid marketing people come up with such dumb edicts.
I can only guess they are trying to emphasize the Jeep brand. The volume dealerships (at least mine) is already pretty much separated due to the size of inventory. The buildings are attached at the moment (won't be in a couple of months) but they are completely separated in space and where inventory sits. You walk over to the Dodge area (through a couple of sets of doors) to do paperwork with the finance people upon buying.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
A question for you: do you have to make it a habit of starting the ICE before you set out each time?
If you pull away & drive around in battery-only mode, then romp on the go pedal to accelerate onto the interstate, it will kick the ICE on right? If so, the engine would be going from dead-cold-no-oil-pressure to 4K rpm in a very short period. Or does the system somehow manage that?

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
No way you have to do anything special when you get in the Jeep and drive it. Get in the Jeep, hit the Start button, and go. It can't be any different than getting in and driving any other vehicle. Has to be a no-brainer for the general public.

Having said that, Moar Jeeps' question peaks my curiosity. How does the engine deal with a sudden start at "high" RPMs? Oil pump is always active?

Last edited:

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
The 4xe is deff not electric with a gas generator. Yes the gas motor has a generator that charges the battery in hybrid mode. You will not get 470 lbs tq unless the gas motor at the proper rpm to produce its full output and the electric motor is at full output. That bsg will also be scavenging hp and tq 9f it is trying to charge the battery. The question that needs answered is how it is programed. In all electric mode you will only get 200 ft lbs. In hybrid mode is should be capable of 470 lbs but how often and how long. Is electrical output reduced when the battery reaches a certain point? You won't be getting all 270 lbs of gas motor if it's not in its tq curve and trying to charge that low battery. The battery won't be charged very long if your romping on it enjoying all that tq. Then in e save mode you only get the gas motors output. Not even all of it if your battery needs charged. I wouldn't worry about longevity. This is not a jeep hybrid system. This is a zf product. It has been used for awhile in different platforms. I believe this is the same system used by bmw with a diff engine. Same 8sp Trans and integration software.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
8 pages in and still no thoughts on power/acceleration. LOL. Who are you people? We don’t need 0-60 times necessarily just someone comment on the power already.
I'm amazed with all the deliveries and vehicles showing up at dealers we still don't have a real picture of the payload/GVWR stickers. TFL in their 392 drag race video this morning talked specifically to this, but nothing still on the 4xe that I've found.

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
Like the 4xe concept a lot - but why the grotesque afterthought looking charge portal? No other plug in hybrid/EV does such a poor body integration as the Wrangler.
Wranglers have exterior door hinges, bolt-on plastic fenders, lawn mower pull hood latches, and a giant spare tire hanging off the tailgate. I don’t think body integration is high on the Wrangler to-do list. The charge portal doesn’t bother me.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Wranglers have exterior door hinges, bolt-on plastic fenders, lawn mower pull hood latches, and a giant spare tire hanging off the tailgate. I don’t think body integration is high on the Wrangler to-do list. The charge portal doesn’t bother me.

Agreed, however I do not think they had much choice and Portals are always driver side so rear qtr had fuel fil so that was out, this is all that was left and the power receptical needs to be vertical so water intrusion would not damage, so they had to build that extension. There simply was no where else, and no room to recess.

eLECTRICON

OMG, you guys are cracking me up! I bought my 4xe strictly for the horse power and torque along with getting better MPG, quieter engine noise and price tag than the 492. We also did some minor mods and tuning. We put it on the Dyno and got 391hp and 485ftlbs of torque in E-save mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
We also did some minor mods and tuning. We put it on the Dyno and got 391hp and 485ftlbs of torque in E-save mode.
Do tell....what mods, what tuning? Inquiring minds want to know so I can add to my “to-do” list! 😉

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Please share the dyno curve. You would be the first to post this info as I haven’t seen it anywhere yet. I really want to see how that massive torque works across the RPM.