Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
The gas engine won't achieve optimum MPG for a while, that's just how engines work, so we won't know real MPG long term until someone gets a few thousand hybrid/gas miles on one.

But seriously though take a picture or video of the GVWR sticker on the door opening already please! :)
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
That came from all the extra quality checks they did while in storage......

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. I have had 2 electric cars, my BMW i3 ONLY had strong regen braking, and I love it. My Chevy Bolt has light or strong and I never use anything but strong regen braking. In fact it annoys me that I have to select it every time I get in the car. Love the fact that in the 4xe you set it and it will remember. I will set it to strong regen and never touch that button again.

It is odd though, my friend got the new Toyota Prime Hybrid, and it does not have stong regen, even as an option! That would be a total dealbreaker for me.

I have never had a passenger comment ever on the strong regen braking. I mean I have showed people how it works and how I can stop for lights without ever touching the brake pedal, but no one has ever mentioned that it feels odd as a passenger. As for the people behind me, well I am slowing down, what do you want!

It massively saves your brake pads. I have 35k miles on the Bolt now, brake pads are fine!

In city traffic the regen braking is not such and issue as it tis stop and go traffic anyway. On the tesla higher speed regen is very notable and annoying over time. it is enough that if feels like true braking, it really slow the costing down immediately. we turn it off for longer freeway driving and use in in stop and go. Remember people react to brake lights and when you are simply trying to cost a little to manage speed, your brake lights com on every time like you are braking which may cause a chain reaction of braking behind you. Basically it in part forces the gassers to follow you brake light patterns when you really are not braking. Those that do not understand regen tend to be unhappy with you for all the brake light events... I am not denying brake life benefit just pointing out how others feel about it. Telsa as significant regen slowing not sure how the 4xe will be.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
In city traffic the regen braking is not such and issue as it tis stop and go traffic anyway. On the tesla higher speed regen is very notable and annoying over time. it is enough that if feels like true braking, it really slow the costing down immediately. we turn it off for longer freeway driving and use in in stop and go. Remember people react to brake lights and when you are simply trying to cost a little to manage speed, your brake lights com on every time like you are braking which may cause a chain reaction of braking behind you. Basically it in part forces the gassers to follow you brake light patterns when you really are not braking. Those that do not understand regen tend to be unhappy with you for all the brake light events... I am not denying brake life benefit just pointing out how others feel about it. Telsa as significant regen slowing not sure how the 4xe will be.
I should get behind a Tesla on the highway and see what it is like (assuming they have the high regen on). I have driven a Model 3, it's the same level of regen as my Bolt. I know a lot of people like the coasting on the highway, oddly, even though I have a non-electric too (Cherokee Trailhawk) I don't even notice the Bolt on the highway, it's just natural to me with the heavy regen (though I do use cruise control a lot).

In fact with the Bolt (as you have to hit the shifter twice to go into heavy regen) sometimes I do it to fast and it doesn't register and I am cruising along and there is a slowdown and I lift my foot expecting the braking and it doesn't happen and it scares the heck out of me for a sec as my reflexes shove my foot to the break and I curse Chevy for not allowing me to set the heavy regen and forget it (won't be a problem with the 4xe!)

And ultimately it is always the responsibility of the car behind to give enough room.

Sponsored

StumpTownJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Interesting discussion on the annoyance (or lack thereof) caused by regen brake lights. Does the issue go away on the highway if you’re using adaptive cruise control? In that case, I would hope the regen braking and lights would be in play only when the vehicle is actively slowing to match the speed of a car ahead.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Hey OP

Did you happen to purchase a level 2 charger? Just curious what kind of charging cable/system you got going...or maybe you are using the non-level 2 cable that the 4XE came with

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Interesting discussion on the annoyance (or lack thereof) caused by regen brake lights. Does the issue go away on the highway if you’re using adaptive cruise control? In that case, I would hope the regen braking and lights would be in play only when the vehicle is actively slowing to match the speed of a car ahead.
Cannot comment on the adaptive but Every time you take your foot off the accelerator to coast the brake lights will come on.

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Adaptive cruise is with regen on or off you won’t notice a difference

Hakan

First Name
Hakan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
If the regen work as on my Jaguar ipace the brake light only comes on when the brake force exceed some level. Normal driving where you do not let go completely of gas pedal the brake light do not come on. Compare to normal engine braking. Just that you still have your got on the gas a little. It takes a little to get used to not let go completly of pedal but nowadays I love the one pedal drive. Hopefully 2 more weeks to get my 4xe so I can check the brake lights behave the same.

Sponsored

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

Note: you need to get used to pissing folks off when using the regen. having a Telsa for 6 years and the brake lights coming on every time you take your foot off the gas people behind you think you are riding the brake to screwing with them. I do not use the regen much on the tesla, people who ride passenger tend to dislike the frequent feeling of braking. It is a different feel for driver and passenger
Sounds like the majority of drivers in CA who seem to drive with one foot on the brake and the other on the gas pedal.

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee sport, 2021 4xe rubicon
Cannot comment on the adaptive but Every time you take your foot off the accelerator to coast the brake lights will come on.
Coasting shouldn’t involve the brake lights anymore than it would in any other car, as the car is not actively braking. Cruise control likewise should not activate the lights unless it is the adaptive cruise control kicking in to actually brake - but coasting and ‘regen braking’ such as when going down hill shouldn’t light up the brake lights

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Coasting shouldn’t involve the brake lights anymore than it would in any other car, as the car is not actively braking. Cruise control likewise should not activate the lights unless it is the adaptive cruise control kicking in to actually brake - but coasting and ‘regen braking’ such as when going down hill shouldn’t light up the brake lights

Clearly you have not owned a car with regenerative braking (which is the technical terms that includes "Braking" in the description). Regen dramatically slows the car down thus the brake lights come one to warn the cars behind. There is even a video of this on the 4xe that shows the brake lights coming on when it is set to regen and you coast. Regen actually feels like mild braking. People should not comment on what they have NO experience with...

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
I picked up my 4xe Sahara today, it has a rear red tow hook, anyone else have a Sahara and what’s the rear tow hook? Because I’m pretty sure it wasn’t supposed to be red, I wonder if I got a lucky one😂

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I picked up my 4xe Sahara today, it has a rear red tow hook, anyone else have a Sahara and what’s the rear tow hook? Because I’m pretty sure it wasn’t supposed to be red, I wonder if I got a lucky one😂
Saw a video of a Sahara 4xe that has Black hook it was Granite in color
Sponsored