Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
Have we seen a real GVWR sticker yet? That'd be nice.
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Aux switches are part of the tow package (which he obviously got as he also has the hitch)
Yea, I just meant the Aux Switches would seem to indicate it's just as capable of handling accessories as any other model.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
End of first day thoughts.

The 4XE will do at least 75 mph in all electric mode. That was one of my questions. I thought there might be a speed where the engine would turn on.

Acceleration in electric mode is buttery smooth and very quiet. For day to day driving in traffic, it is perfect. It is more powerful in electric mode than I expected. If you stomp on the accelerator pedal, it will start the gas engine. But you sort of learn where that spot is.

Max regen is spectacular. You can almost one pedal drive with it turned on. It takes a little bit to learn how to time it right. But I nailed it a couple times today where I was able to only apply the brakes for the last 5 or 6 feet. The brake lights come on when decelerating in max regen mode so other cars will know you are slowing.
The other thing I like about the Max regen is it seems to vary the amount of deceleration based on speed. It may be that it downshifts in the transmission or something but I noticed that it doesnā€™t hit as hard at higher speeds. Itā€™s really enjoyable.

The transition from electric to gas is seamless. After driving in electric mode for a little bit, itā€™s almost disappointing to hear the engine kick on.

I also uploaded a walk around video to YouTube:

167298085_10157676049856857_7920891546486472698_n.jpg
Thank you for sharing. Now if only someone would do some basic review of the 392 like this......

Berserker789

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Congrats! I think you have one of the first videos on youtube as a 4xe owner. I'm also planning on getting one. What is the combined mpg you get when you run it as a hybrid? Is that 49 MPGe?

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Looks like the rear seat fold down is different. I didnā€™t see the cup holders or pull down arm rest for the rear seats?
does it still have armrest and any cups holder in the rest?

Thanks

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It's ironic, I have a 2020 Rubi but both the 4xe and 392 appeal to me a lot. Please share more both good and bad as you get some time behind the wheel!
Haha I just got a 2021 JLUR in September and it doesnā€™t even have 5k on the odo but Iā€™m following the 392 and 4xe as if I ordered them myselfšŸ˜‚

jeep addiction

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Do all JLs have that little of rear legroom space?
I think his seats might be back pretty far. I am 5'9" and with my seating position, adults can sit comfortably behind me. I was thinking the same thing as you though, as it looks like not much leg room. I have a 2021 JLU

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
I would be curious to know how the AC works. If it is the 2.0L turbo then I would assume the engine turns on to run the a/c compressor.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I wonder if all the new Jeepā€™s will have locking fuel caps now besides the 4xe! My 2021 JLUR doesnā€™t.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
End of first day thoughts.

The 4XE will do at least 75 mph in all electric mode. That was one of my questions. I thought there might be a speed where the engine would turn on.

Acceleration in electric mode is buttery smooth and very quiet. For day to day driving in traffic, it is perfect. It is more powerful in electric mode than I expected. If you stomp on the accelerator pedal, it will start the gas engine. But you sort of learn where that spot is.

Max regen is spectacular. You can almost one pedal drive with it turned on. It takes a little bit to learn how to time it right. But I nailed it a couple times today where I was able to only apply the brakes for the last 5 or 6 feet. The brake lights come on when decelerating in max regen mode so other cars will know you are slowing.
The other thing I like about the Max regen is it seems to vary the amount of deceleration based on speed. It may be that it downshifts in the transmission or something but I noticed that it doesnā€™t hit as hard at higher speeds. Itā€™s really enjoyable.

The transition from electric to gas is seamless. After driving in electric mode for a little bit, itā€™s almost disappointing to hear the engine kick on.

I also uploaded a walk around video to YouTube:

167298085_10157676049856857_7920891546486472698_n.jpg
Great post. Congrats on being the first person to post a review of an actual 4xe that you own.

Can you do a drive with it and talk about the torque? I'm curious if the torque is split between PHEV and gas, meaning you only really get 200 lbs if running solely on one of those, and that you only get the 400+ torque when you are in hybrid mode?

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Looks like the rear seat fold down is different. I didnā€™t see the cup holders or pull down arm rest for the rear seats?
does it still have armrest and any cups holder in the rest?
From the 4xe supplement manual: "The center part of the rear seat can also be used as a rear armrest with cupholders."

The middle part folds down as an armrest and has cupholders in them. (obviously cannot be used if you have 3 people in the back)

DaveN

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
I was wondering how much interior room the battery would take up. I was hoping it would be even with the floor but that isn't the case. Thanks. And yes, I was one of those thinking of the overloading aspect. Still considering it even with the rise. Because of my height I may take out the front passenger seat too.
Sponsored