Sponsored

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
End of first day thoughts.

The 4XE will do at least 75 mph in all electric mode. That was one of my questions. I thought there might be a speed where the engine would turn on.

Acceleration in electric mode is buttery smooth and very quiet. For day to day driving in traffic, it is perfect. It is more powerful in electric mode than I expected. If you stomp on the accelerator pedal, it will start the gas engine. But you sort of learn where that spot is.

Max regen is spectacular. You can almost one pedal drive with it turned on. It takes a little bit to learn how to time it right. But I nailed it a couple times today where I was able to only apply the brakes for the last 5 or 6 feet. The brake lights come on when decelerating in max regen mode so other cars will know you are slowing.
The other thing I like about the Max regen is it seems to vary the amount of deceleration based on speed. It may be that it downshifts in the transmission or something but I noticed that it doesn’t hit as hard at higher speeds. It’s really enjoyable.

The transition from electric to gas is seamless. After driving in electric mode for a little bit, it’s almost disappointing to hear the engine kick on.

I also uploaded a walk around video to YouTube:

167298085_10157676049856857_7920891546486472698_n.jpg
Sponsored

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee sport, 2021 4xe rubicon
In your video it says 16.9 mpg, obviously it’s not been driven a lot at that point but have you found that so far to be accurate? Is that total mpg including electric or only counted while the engine is actually running?

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo

The 4XE will do at least 75 mph in all electric mode. That was one of my questions. I thought there might be a speed where the engine would turn on.

Acceleration in electric mode is buttery smooth and very quiet. For day to day driving in traffic, it is perfect. It is more powerful in electric mode than I expected. If you stomp on the accelerator pedal, it will start the gas engine. But you sort of learn where that spot is.

Max regen is spectacular. You can almost one pedal drive with it turned on. It takes a little bit to learn how to time it right. But I nailed it a couple times today where I was able to only apply the brakes for the last 5 or 6 feet. The brake lights come on when decelerating in max regen mode so other cars will know you are slowing.
The other thing I like about the Max regen is it seems to vary the amount of deceleration based on speed. It may be that it downshifts in the transmission or something but I noticed that it doesn’t hit as hard at higher speeds. It’s really enjoyable.

The transition from electric to gas is seamless. After driving in electric mode for a little bit, it’s almost disappointing to hear the engine kick on.

Jeep Wrangler JL End of first day with the Wrangler 4XE thoughts / feedback 167298085_10157676049856857_7920891546486472698_n
Thank you for your valuable feedback and for answering Q’s until ours are delivered.

Sponsored

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Thanks for the thoughts. Can you tell us more about the UConnect app and what you can do with it? Can you remotely cool or heat the vehicle from the app?

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe

First off thanks for the video. You did a great job. I was reading the specs a few days ago and I think it says 80 mph is max speed for all electric. I know I was surprised it was that fast.

Have you tried to see how many miles you get out of the battery only? I would guess that in city driving, with max regen, you should do pretty good. At 75 mph not so much but great to know it will do it.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
it looks awesome!

Cool video - thanks! Looking forward to more of them 😉

That bump with the back seat is quite large - plan to see one in person to see how it would with the dog and also drive it but your driving observations sound very promising!

can’t wait to see a hydro blue one to see how it goes with the blue accents.

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired

Jeep Wrangler JL End of first day with the Wrangler 4XE thoughts / feedback 167298085_10157676049856857_7920891546486472698_n
Thank you for the very informative video, I think I speak for everyone that it's great to get member prospective versus media.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. My biggest concern with this vehicle is the battery. It's my understanding that the dealership does the battery conditioning as part of prep. I also believe there is a battery history screen on the U-connect. Is it possible to determine if the battery conditioning was done properly by the dealership?

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Are you planning any mods? Curious how the 4xe would handle lights, winch, etc. Although I see it does have the Aux switches.

Was also curious if it could be Tazered for speedo calibration, etc.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Are you planning any mods? Curious how the 4xe would handle lights, winch, etc. Although I see it does have the Aux switches.
Aux switches are part of the tow package (which he obviously got as he also has the hitch)
Sponsored