Sponsored

end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

alfa123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi all and forgive me if this question does not belong here as I am trying to get my first Jeep!

I wanted to know if you all can comment on availability of eTorque on 2020 Rubicon. I understand eTorque 6 cylinder is for Sahara but 2019 had eTorque on 4 cylinder Rubicon. Is 4 cylinder eTorque available on 2020 Rubicon?

I am getting conflicting information from my two local dealers.

Thanks,

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hi all and forgive me if this question does not belong here as I am trying to get my first Jeep!

I wanted to know if you all can comment on availability of eTorque on 2020 Rubicon. I understand eTorque 6 cylinder is for Sahara but 2019 had eTorque on 4 cylinder Rubicon. Is 4 cylinder eTorque available on 2020 Rubicon?

I am getting conflicting information from my two local dealers.

Thanks,
Never ask a dealer for options/ordering/availability information. You're better off asking a child with a computer. As it is, you have us.
As it stands today, no etorque engines are available on '20 Rubicons. Not 2 doors, not 4 doors, not pick ups.
This is probably due to the cooling lines and battery for the etorque engines, which run through the bottom of the rig. The diesel will probably only be offered on the Rubi (and maaaaaaaybe the Sport) to make up for it.

alfa123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Never ask a dealer for options/ordering/availability information. You're better off asking a child with a computer. As it is, you have us.
As it stands today, no etorque engines are available on '20 Rubicons. Not 2 doors, not 4 doors, not pick ups.
This is probably due to the cooling lines and battery for the etorque engines, which run through the bottom of the rig. The diesel will probably only be offered on the Rubi (and maaaaaaaybe the Sport) to make up for it.
Thank you misanthrope! That was very helpful.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Where did that info come from? I'm selfishly fine with that since I'm waiting for the diesel JLUR. When?????????????????????

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Ordered a Rubicon with one touch top, leather, the 3.6 and auto trans today no problems. This is to replace my previous order which was destroyed in the train crash.
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry to hear about your previous order. Hopefully Jeep will give yours priority through the production process.

glang1992

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I tried to order a 2019 as a replacement for a fca buyback early July. My dealership was unable to order a 2019 on 7/5 and we had to order a 2020. The 2019s have had the order banks closed for a while now, so maybe there was another glitch to allow your dealer to put the order in. My guess is it will be kicked back out and you will need to reorder, you may want to check in tomorrow and have them send you a copy of your order sheet with your VON to make sure it's really in.

Sent you a PM.

gwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My dealer just told me yesterday that they could only order Rubicons right now with the black wheel option, not with the standard wheels.

Sponsored

maxmarat17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
My dealer just told me yesterday that they could only order Rubicons right now with the black wheel option, not with the standard wheels.
Had the same problem but my dealer was able to order today with stock wheels...

Guys,

Any idea about how timing on 2020 rubicons? I heard things like 4-7weeks to 10-12 weeks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Just ordered mine today!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Had the same problem but my dealer was able to order today with stock wheels...

Guys,

Any idea about how timing on 2020 rubicons? I heard things like 4-7weeks to 10-12 weeks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Just ordered mine today!
It is really luck of the draw. I ordered 7/15 and the jeep is already on its way to the dealership. Others ordered 2 weeks prior and aren't even scheduled to be built yet. Seems to really depend on what you ordered and what the factory is prepared to build.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
It is really luck of the draw. I ordered 7/15 and the jeep is already on its way to the dealership. Others ordered 2 weeks prior and aren't even scheduled to be built yet. Seems to really depend on what you ordered and what the factory is prepared to build.
What dealer did you go with? Did you have to upgrade your ruby wheels?

maxmarat17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
Thank you very much for the info Carlton.