end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

JJ Jeeplover

First Name
Janel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2013
Congrats on the order!!! I have had two red 2-door Wranglers in the past... a 2002 and 2012. Great, classy color!

I'm about to pull the trigger, perhaps with Criswell, on an Ocean Blue JLRU. Were you given an estimated time frame before delivery? I know with new 2019 orders a few months ago, it could very from 10-60 days. Not sure when the start date for 2020 JL's begins.
I’m struggling with the colors truth be told... I’m going with the granite grey rubicon I love the deep red interior accents.
Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Did you order the 8.4 radio + premium audio. Currently, this option is conflicting with advanced security group. Hope they can fix it soon.
I ordered a 2020 Rubicon a few days ago from Criswell
Criswell e-mailed me back that the 2nd option will over-ride the audio clinch.

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Not sure what you’re saying. “Audio clinch”? Are you saying your dealer found the same problem others of us have had, or that your dealer found a way around the problem?

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean by 2nd option? So the 8.4 upgrade is available with the active cruise?

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
the 2nd option will over-ride the audio clinch.
I’m sure there’s a really useful piece of information hidden in that sentence somewhere, but darned if I can figure it out ;-)

Reminds me of some of the unintentionally cryptic emails I send out to coworkers in the wee hours of the morning. LOL

Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Red 2 Door Soft Top - had 1997 TJ & 2016 JK also own 2019 Grand Cherokee overland
John.
Did you order the active cruise control option? My dealer stated he had a call into the rep because it didn’t show available for the build.
I did order the 8.4 radio + premium audio but I did not order the active cruise since I got a manual and thought I never use it since this will be a second fun car.

vlade31

First Name
Yasir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Check out Jim Marsh Jeep in Las Vegas. The contact I spoke to in January was Antonio Magana. He responded quickly. You may want to consider Peterson or Dennis Dillon in Idaho, similar discounts to Marsh.
Do you have a email address for Antonio?

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Has anyone been able to get an order/pricing from dealerships for 2020's for the past 4 days?

Sponsored

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Sting Grey, 2012 Sahara JKU (sold)
Has anyone been able to get an order/pricing from dealerships for 2020's for the past 4 days?
My dealer just texted me to let me know they still can’t get in either....and he is a friend of mine.

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
1) Is it confirmed that black interior for 2020 has red accents?

2) Historically, how long after dealer order sheets have been released can you build on jeep.com?

Thanks

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

Hey this is my first post, but thought I'd share that today I placed an order for a 2019 Wrangler Sport S. Not heavily optioned, but the dealer (Marino in Chicago) said that the only option I wanted that they could not add to my build sheet was the hard top headliner. Was told they would submit my order today and it would take six to eight weeks ... After reading this thread, may I assume that my Wrangler will in fact be a 2020 one?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hey this is my first post, but thought I'd share that today I placed an order for a 2019 Wrangler Sport S. Not heavily optioned, but the dealer (Marino in Chicago) said that the only option I wanted that they could not add to my build sheet was the hard top headliner. Was told they would submit my order today and it would take six to eight weeks ... After reading this thread, may I assume that my Wrangler will in fact be a 2020 one?
Word on the streets is that orders for 2019 JL's stopped at least 1+ weeks ago. Surprised your dealer did not know that. I placed my order for a 2020 JLRU on 07-11-19.

As for the hard top headliners... from what I am hearing on this forum, the factory liners are not that good. Save your money and order the "Hothead Headliners" instead.

Last edited:

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

According to the TNAP production schedule, the MY 2019 buildout date is 7/20, and the MY 2020 job one date is 7/22. Your build is really cutting it close!

As soon as you get your VIN, you might want to check your order status at: https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge

This is not an automated portal; you must hit the chat button and speak with an FCA rep who will give you the status of your build.

If you want to track your build through the process, be sure and ask for the alphanumeric code pertaining to your build each time you check on your build; if you don't, they may just give you a "canned response". Tracking the build process can be a fun, even exciting way to pass the time waiting for your new Jeep...and frustrating if it hits a delay, so track at your own risk! ;)

Also, be aware that after your build is past KZ status (released by plant and invoiced), you will have to rely on your dealer for "traffic" (shipping) info.

In case you need them, here's a partial list of the alphanumeric codes:

BX - good order available for scheduling
BB - fleet order only - review by bid department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error - coding error which must be corrected
BG - order passes edit but cannot be scheduled
F - finance hold - auto cancel after 15 days
B - model or option build out
L - material restriction
M - material hold (fleet)
ZA - canceled order

C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule, serial number assigned
D1 - gateline; unit sequenced for production, estimated ship date assigned

E - framing
F - paint
G - trim
I - unit built, pending final inspection
J - passed final inspection
JB - sent to body vendor
JE - sent to emissions
JJ - assigned to body vendor
JS - sent to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced

KZ + additional letters and/or numbers - “traffic” (shipping/other disposition) codes
Sponsored