Sponsored

end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm interested in the 3.6+etorque+auto on the sahara, but a bit disappointed the beige leather is no longer an option. It looks so nice.
It would have made a perfect "That rich corinthian leather" thing lol.

Edit: I'm jealous of you guys with dealers actually providing you build sheets.
Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Whatā€™s the big difference between the 2018/2019 vs 2020? Seems like more of an incentive to get a deal on a 2018 than a 2020 if there are no major upgrades. If Iā€™ve missed something please educate me, not seeing any big reason to jump at a 2020 at the moment.
3.6 V6 with the BSG. That is pretty big! The extra torque under 1500 rpm might make the JL a little rocket and probably add a couple more miles per gallon. Hopefully an upgraded steering box or damper and a different windshield that is stronger and less brittle.

Jamin55

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor, Audi Q8, VW Tiguan
60BF1052-5DFF-43BC-83B2-E74074BE8FE4.jpeg
Criswell has had a busy day! I am speaking with Pat and Julius about a 2020 Rubi and their quote is above. 8% off FWP (Invoice). Iā€™ve asked them to change it to include the BSG 3.6 and will post any changes accordingly.

(Edit: Blacked out their name / address as Iā€™m using this screenshot for other purposes.)

BTW, they are a 10+ hour drive from me, but probably worth it. Iā€™ve submitted a really unusual build / finance request and they have been very professional and courteous in talking me through the practicalities of what Iā€™ve asked for. Even if they canā€™t make my request happen (TBD), Iā€™d still recommend them. My local dealer wonā€™t even call me back or answer my emails in a timely fashion.
Have a question based on your sheet. My understanding is based on Affiliate rewards that no Destination Fee can be charged. Here is excerpt from the rewards program
"The dealer price to purchaser/lessee is calculated by adding dealer-installed options and/or Over Allowance on Trade amounts to the Preferred Price. The participant may not be charged for any preparation fees, delivery and handling charges, service or overhead fees, or any other such delivery fees under this program. Documentation fees are allowable under the respective governing State in which the vehicle is titled. Documentation fees may not exceed those normally charged on any other sales transaction. Administration Fee: Each participant must pay a $75 program administration fee to help offset the cost necessary to support this program."
So my question is whether "Destination Fee of 1495.00" should be included in the price total?

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Have a question based on your sheet. My understanding is based on Affiliate rewards that no Destination Fee can be charged. Here is excerpt from the rewards program
"The dealer price to purchaser/lessee is calculated by adding dealer-installed options and/or Over Allowance on Trade amounts to the Preferred Price. The participant may not be charged for any preparation fees, delivery and handling charges, service or overhead fees, or any other such delivery fees under this program. Documentation fees are allowable under the respective governing State in which the vehicle is titled. Documentation fees may not exceed those normally charged on any other sales transaction. Administration Fee: Each participant must pay a $75 program administration fee to help offset the cost necessary to support this program."
So my question is whether "Destination Fee of 1495.00" should be included in the price total?
Good question. Someone who has experience using Tread Lightly or Affiliate rewards can likely confirm, but my guess is that the ā€œany other such delivery feesā€ would encompass additional delivery fees that a dealer might be inclined to add. Iā€™m basing this on the context, since the full sentence mentions preparation fees, service or overhead fees, etc. (items that a dealer would add). Then the clarification is made that a dealer is allowed to add a doc fee. Iā€™m thinking the ā€œDestination Fee of $1,495ā€ is not prohibited, because it comes from the manufacturer, not the dealer.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Good question. Someone who has experience using Tread Lightly or Affiliate rewards can likely confirm, but my guess is that the ā€œany other such delivery feesā€ would encompass additional delivery fees that a dealer might be inclined to add. Iā€™m basing this on the context, since the full sentence mentions preparation fees, service or overhead fees, etc. (items that a dealer would add). Then the clarification is made that a dealer is allowed to add a doc fee. Iā€™m thinking the ā€œDestination Fee of $1,495ā€ is not prohibited, because it comes from the manufacturer, not the dealer.
You are required to pay the destination few.
You are required to pay the destination fee.

Sponsored

Doug997

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Q5, JLUR 4XE (on order)
I wanted a Rubicon style, selec-trac (more snow than rocks) and 3.6 with eTorq, the MOAB fit the bill. However no MOAB in 2020, so I build a Rubicon with 3.6 eTorq (25R) and guess what, 3.6 eTorq not available on Rubicon. Really... what would be the reasoning behind this, the 2.0 is available on the Rubicon with eTorq so I would not think it is a plumbing issue.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I wanted a Rubicon style, selec-trac (more snow than rocks) and 3.6 with eTorq, the MOAB fit the bill. However no MOAB in 2020, so I build a Rubicon with 3.6 eTorq (25R) and guess what, 3.6 eTorq not available on Rubicon. Really... what would be the reasoning behind this, the 2.0 is available on the Rubicon with eTorq so I would not think it is a plumbing issue.
The Rubicon doesnā€™t have the new 3.6 BSG? How did you learn this?

It surprises me, actually.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
$2500 for a transmission? They've lost their effin' minds.

Doug997

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Q5, JLUR 4XE (on order)
The Rubicon doesnā€™t have the new 3.6 BSG? How did you learn this?

It surprises me, actually.
From the dealer trying to do the build sheet...

Doug

The Rubicon is available but only

3.6 auto v6 - 24R
3.6 manual - 23R
2.0 4 cylinder turbo - 28R

I hope this helps.

Sponsored

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Doug

3.6 auto v6 - 24R
3.6 manual - 23R

I hope this helps.
Super depressing if true. I wanted either a diesel or the 3.6 BSG...looks like I get neither.

Last edited:

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Wha???? There's a new engine with more low-end torque, built on the tried and true Pentastar V-6, and it's not available on the Rubicon?? That really makes no sense and am hoping it's a glitch in the first couple of days of the new ordering system.

Dwightrerskine

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜20 Q7, ā€˜19 S5

[...]

3.6 auto v6 - 24R
3.6 manual - 23R

I hope this helps.
I think we all need to be patient on this. It was available on days 1 and 2 or ordering, then it disappeared. It may reappear. It may not. One of the dealers Iā€™m talking to said these hiccups are normal when a new model year starts.

RMD_23

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara
Wha???? There's a new engine with more low-end torque, built on the tried and true Pentastar V-6, and it's not available on the Rubicon?? That really makes no sense and am hoping it's a glitch in the first couple of days of the new ordering system.
I was told by two different dealers that the new 3.6L eTorque engine is actually available on the rubicon!

For the sport and Rubicon, you can choose one of three engines, which are: the old 3.6L engine, 2.0L engine and the new 3.6L eTorque engine.
And as for the Sahara, you can choose either the 3.6L eTorque engine or the 2.0L engine.
Hopefully this helps!

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
If you aren't familiar with dealers being full of misinformation during MY/product turnovers, FCA supplying said dealers with ever-changing and conflicting info, and people who "know somebody" passing on well-intentioned yet inaccurate rumors . . . you haven't been paying attention. Hopefully Jay here gets some more reliable info in the near future that he can post.
Sponsored