Sponsored

end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
This is very interesting to hear. Thank you.

So, I guess that it could be possible to get a 2020 model with 2019 some specs...... say a paint color that is discontinued for 2020? Order a 2019 in ABC paint color, it doesn’t get built in time for 2019 so they make it a 2020 model with the (now discontinued) paint color? Interesting.
I'm not certain about that. It may be possible. They have cancelled orders as well and made the customer start over. A discontinued paint color or option may be a cause for that.
Sponsored

Taktix1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Altitude, 2012 Audi A6, 2018 Honda Odyssey
While in negotiations to order a 19 Wrangler Unlimited with Criswell in MD, I was informed that they are now taking orders for 2020's. Trying to get pricing info from my salesman right now.

ffo4kooch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - 'bikini'
2020 Build Sheet

Here's a build sheet I received this morning. I cropped off dealership and some notes I added. MSRP of the base vehicle is $250 higher than 2019. Auto Trans. is $500 higher than 2019. The dealership did not know of any physical changes with the new model year. I had previously received a 2019 build sheet, but was told today that I had to order a 2020 as of today. (Brought this discussion over from the Northeast Group Buy thread as it seems more appropriate here.)

jjlur 2020 build sheet.jpg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
While in negotiations to order a 19 Wrangler Unlimited with Criswell in MD, I was informed that they are now taking orders for 2020's. Trying to get pricing info from my salesman right now.
Can anyone confirm this? If so I need to get an order in.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
2020 Build Sheet

Here's a build sheet I received this morning. I cropped off dealership and some notes I added. MSRP of the base vehicle is $250 higher than 2019. Auto Trans. is $500 higher than 2019. The dealership did not know of any physical changes with the new model year. I had previously received a 2019 build sheet, but was told today that I had to order a 2020 as of today. (Brought this discussion over from the Northeast Group Buy thread as it seems more appropriate here.)

jjlur 2020 build sheet.jpg
Surprised they jacked the price up $750 considering they are already way over priced and selling slow. $2500 for an auto trans is bs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ffo4kooch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surprised they jacked the price up $750 co soldering they are already way over priced and selling slow. $2500 for an auto trans is bs.
Someone in the 'Northeast Group Buy' thread said he received a build sheet for 2020 that had the same base MSRP as mine, but no change in auto trans. Hopefully it's just an early glitch. I'm going to wait a bit to find out. That person noted that his 3.6 V6 'base option' showed a $1000 MSRP vs 0 on mine so maybe they are having some growing pains switching to 2020.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Someone in the 'Northeast Group Buy' thread said he received a build sheet for 2020 that had the same base MSRP as mine, but no change in auto trans. Hopefully it's just an early glitch. I'm going to wait a bit to find out. That person noted that his 3.6 V6 'base option' showed a $1000 MSRP vs 0 on mine so maybe they are having some growing pains switching to 2020.
I suppose I'll wait and see. Rather see the order guide prior to ordering. See what the prices show plus there may be a new color or something worth waiting for.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
That someone was me. 2020 build sheet received today. Will post it up momentarily...

ffo4kooch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I could buy more than 4 gallons of additional gas from this dealer. ;)
Must be an FCA thing as that line is on build sheets from 4 different dealers.... I like how it's MSRP $0, Invoice $10.

Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Attached is my 2020 build sheet received this morning. The one posted above from @ffo4kooch was for a Rubicon, and mine is for a Sahara. Can't see how that should cause a difference in price of the same transmission, but maybe there's a plausible explanation in there somewhere.

I haven’t done my homework on the latest 2020 options, so this line confused me:

ERG 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I $1,000 MSRP $890 FWP

I’m assuming the “ERG” code on my build sheet is the V6 with belt start generator model, and the “ERC” sales code on the build sheet above from @ffo4kooch is the base V6 with Electronic Stop Start (ESS).

FYI: I requested the base V6 engine. After discovering this upcharge, I asked the salesman if he could confirm all of the engine options (just to make sure there are no mystery diesel or hybrid options buried in there!). Still awaiting that answer as well.

229468A4-BCDB-4DB8-8B66-6FD70A70B3B3.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Attached is my 2020 build sheet received this morning. The one posted above from @ffo4kooch was for a Rubicon, and mine is for a Sahara. Can't see how that should cause a difference in price of the same transmission, but maybe there's a plausible explanation in there somewhere. What has me confused is the sales code:

ERG 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I $1,000 MSRP $890 FWP

Isn't the eTorque the nomenclature for the 4 cylinder turbo? I asked the dealer, but no answer as of yet.

FYI: I requested the V6 engine. After discovering this upcharge, I asked the salesman if he could confirm all of the engine options (just to make sure there are no mystery diesel or hybrid options buried in there!). Still awaiting that answer as well.

229468A4-BCDB-4DB8-8B66-6FD70A70B3B3.png
Base 3.6 no charge
BSG 3.6 1K upcharge
BSG 2.0 Turbo 2K upcharge