Sponsored

end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

Rimfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I am going to be placing an order for my wrangler but just trying to figure out timing. i live in Texas but going to Australia for 3 weeks starting the last week of April. My buddy ordered his wrangler a few weeks back and its already in shipping.

i dont want to place an order only for it to arrive and sit at the dealer for a few weeks while i am out of the country. so i was thinking of waiting until a week or two before my trip to order. i read elsewhere on the forum where someone said that 2020 orders were going to be open in June, but i dont know how true that is.

is there anyway to find out for sure when 2020 orders are open? or when 2019 orders will close? and do we know if there are any changes with the 2020 yet?
Sponsored

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
I keep telling you to order it now and let me watch over it. It'll look great sitting next to my Yella JLUR while you're out of country... and I promise to take real good care of it!

OP
OP

Rimfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
if i leave it with you it will end up on its roof down some trail in the middle of nowhere!

I keep telling you to order it now and let me watch over it. It'll look great sitting next to my Yella JLUR while you're out of country... and I promise to take real good care of it!

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
I am going to be placing an order for my wrangler but just trying to figure out timing. i live in Texas but going to Australia for 3 weeks starting the last week of April. My buddy ordered his wrangler a few weeks back and its already in shipping.

i dont want to place an order only for it to arrive and sit at the dealer for a few weeks while i am out of the country. so i was thinking of waiting until a week or two before my trip to order. i read elsewhere on the forum where someone said that 2020 orders were going to be open in June, but i dont know how true that is.

is there anyway to find out for sure when 2020 orders are open? or when 2019 orders will close? and do we know if there are any changes with the 2020 yet?
2019 orders will probably close in late September, 2020 orders will open in October, November time frame. However, if you watch the order tracking thread, they were still making 2018 models well into January as they were catching up.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
2019 orders will probably close in late September, 2020 orders will open in October, November time frame. However, if you watch the order tracking thread, they were still making 2018 models well into January as they were catching up.
The 2019 is having a short run. An internal document leaked and it said 2020 production was to start in July.

As for the OP's question nobody knows when the order banks open. Chrysler will do it when they feel like it.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
The 2019 is having a short run. An internal document leaked and it said 2020 production was to start in July.

As for the OP's question nobody knows when the order banks open. Chrysler will do it when they feel like it.
Was that document posted here?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Was that document posted here?
Yes it was. The calendar shows the 2019 build out date and start of 2020 production. According to the calendar 2020 production begins 7/22.

FB_IMG_1544026467506.jpg

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Yes it was. The calendar shows the 2019 build out date and start of 2020 production. According to the calendar 2020 production begins 7/22.

FB_IMG_1544026467506.jpg
Interesting. And we're positive this is for the Wrangler? Could the 2020MY on the calendar be for the Gladiator? I wonder why the 2019MY is going to have a short run. Anyways, looks like I better make sure get a 2019 ordered before they make any surprise changes. I really don't want the 3.6 with 48v battery and e-Torque system which I feel is going to become standard at some point.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Interesting. And we're positive this is for the Wrangler? Could the 2020MY on the calendar be for the Gladiator? I wonder why the 2019MY is going to have a short run. Anyways, looks like I better make sure get a 2019 ordered before they make any surprise changes. I really don't want the 3.6 with 48v battery and e-Torque system which I feel is going to become standard at some point.
I'm fairly certain it has to be for the JL and not the Gladiator. It shows the 2019 build out date and there will be no 2019 Gladiator.

Sponsored

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Looks like they’re just getting back to fairly normal buildout/changeover dates. Historically (pre JL), the new model year builds always started the last week of July.

OP
OP

Rimfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
i ended up saying eff it and placed an order today for a 2019. Dealer said 4-5 weeks so we shall see.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Clearly the Launch Curve days in July are hedging days for the MY20 launch. But what are the Launch Curve days in the beginning of June? I understand that the May shut down is to re-tool for the Hybrid/Electric power train, but will that be launched immediately after the re-tooling (first week in June)?

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
What's the difference in the 2019 vs 2020? Is this the switchover to the battery-pack Wranglers with 48V?