end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Difference between 19 and 20 is a 3.6l bsg, eco-desiel, a plug in hybrid, and few minor changes to the jeep... 19 is a short model year and the 2020s will be coming in june
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Difference between 19 and 20 is a 3.6l bsg, eco-desiel, a plug in hybrid, and few minor changes to the jeep... 19 is a short model year and the 2020s will be coming in june
If that's the case, then I definitely need to get my order in soon...

Last edited:

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
They will still have the non bsg 3.6l option but i believe bsg is going to be the way of the future.... They are also adding a couple new trim models in 2020

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I am curious if all 3.6 will include bsg or if the standard 3.6 will still be offered.

The ecodiesel is very exciting, but so far there has been no mention of cost.

As for small changes, any idea what they will be? I'd hope to see a tan or military green. Hopefully some steering correction, and a fix for the soft top rails that turn into a faucet which leads to my doors being frozen shut.

I'm assuming the 2020 order banks will open in May/June. I wonder when the Gladiator pricing and banks will open?

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
They will still have the non bsg 3.6l option but i believe bsg is going to be the way of the future.... They are also adding a couple new trim models in 2020
Do you know this ? Or are you guessing. Because BSG is not optional in the ram trucks with 3.6 it’s one way and one way only. BSG is not optional on the turbo four-cylinder it’s one way and one way only. The 2020 Gladiator has no BSG option.
Are you sure the 2020 wrangler will have 3.6 with and without BSG?

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon

I'm really interested in 2020s coming in june, can you elaborate on this at all? I'm getting ready to PCS to hawaii, and selling a bunch of stuff I'm not taking and intending on rolling it all into a JLUR order. I only have a safe and two more rifles to sell and I'm pretty sure they will be sold soon, and then I'm planning on putting in the order. I have to report on July 26th, and wanted to order in time to have the JLUR on island when I get there. If I can order a 2020 with BSG in June, it could theoretically be there by mid/late july. This, combined with the possibility of improved steering hardware could cause me to delay putting the order in, if this is indeed an accurate timeline.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Production doesn't start until July.

I imagine you meant the order banks will open in June?
Are we presuming the dates on this? Or is this a certainty? Looking at the calendar it looked like ‘20 ordering starts July 22nd (If I remember right).

Trying to get exact date as I want to make sure and get my order in before the deadline. Planning on ordering a ‘19 beginning of June.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
In 2018 Ordering for 2019 started in Sept 13th which was 3 days after I purchased my in stock JL. I would not assume that 2020 would be any different. except by a couple days +/- otherwise they will stick their dealers with a lot of 2019 inventory.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Are we presuming the dates on this? Or is this a certainty? Looking at the calendar it looked like ‘20 ordering starts July 22nd (If I remember right).

Trying to get exact date as I want to make sure and get my order in before the deadline. Planning on ordering a ‘19 beginning of June.
According to the leaked calendar production starts 7/22. Orders will open before that. Usually a month or two. However remember nothing is guaranteed and FCA has been known to change dates by as much as a couple months.

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
According to the leaked calendar production starts 7/22. Orders will open before that. Usually a month or two. However remember nothing is guaranteed and FCA has been known to change dates by as much as a couple months.
Ahh.. thanks. Makes sense

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
This sucks.... I cant use quotes for some reason they aren't working....

To the person asking about small changes i mean small like you aren't going to see.... Change a connection plug or add a clip somewhere to secure a harness... Very small things... And probably a new color, but we wont know what until it gets closer

As for the bsg questions... Those were rumors i think they will offer the 3.6l for a little longer than 2020 by assumption, but i think they are trying to eventually goto all bsg. The gladiator will probably not have the bsgs right away because it is a launch. Bsgs are harder to build and while launching the gladiator they are going to keep it simple for the 1st year, but they will come.

As for ordering idk much about it as to when and how, but take that calender with a grain of salt.... They change it like you change your underwear!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Job 1 for MY20 is slated for July 22nd,with last '19 build out scheduled for July 20th. Job 1 means that's the date they begin building the first unit.If the last built '19 JL will be on the 20th, order banks for the '20s might open before June starts,making it impossible to order a '19 at that point.

Incidentally, if you're that late in the MY,why not wait for the '20s? Afraid of the BSG? In my opinion, if we're going to be forced to have ESS, you may as well get it with the BSG, as all of the internals are upgraded for the frequent starts. The external added battery really isn't that big of a deal, and the BSG gives you an extra 75-90 lb-ft of torque off the line. No real downside, despite what the haters say...

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
In 2018 Ordering for 2019 started in Sept 13th which was 3 days after I purchased my in stock JL. I would not assume that 2020 would be any different. except by a couple days +/- otherwise they will stick their dealers with a lot of 2019 inventory.
They don't seem to care much about the added inventory, as dealers still have a ton of '18s in stock. The October release didn't prevent that. Don't forget that the line will be shut down for 3 weeks in May, which will essentially be the end of '19 manufacturing, with only sold orders/high demand orders (or possibly a late release special edition) being built after that.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
They don't seem to care much about the added inventory, as dealers still have a ton of '18s in stock. The October release didn't prevent that. Don't forget that the line will be shut down for 3 weeks in May, which will essentially be the end of '19 manufacturing, with only sold orders/high demand orders (or possibly a late release special edition) being built after that.
Mopar should care if the dealers have too much old inventory they are not as likely to order new. When I purchased in Sept just 3 days after new orders opened inventory at least in the 5 NW states was really low. I also purchased 14.5% off including lifetime warranty
Sponsored