end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Please do let us know if the order goes through... i think plenty of people here will want to hear.

I assume you have found the tracking link here on the forum that will automatically watch for your build sheet to show up on FCA's system.

Also, FCA chat (link on far right of this page) is open 24/7 Mon-Sat and they can tell you very specifically what build status your order is in. (once you have a VON and VIN). Many of us check status via FCA Chat every day or two, so you won't be bothering them!
From what i'm learning, order tracking for canadian orders is not as great as it is in the US but you can bet i'll try!

As for getting the VIN, my sales rep told me it can take 2 weeks to get. Now I don't know if that's 1: a Canadian thing, 2: He doesn't know anything or 3: He's telling the truth.

All I know is i'll be pestering him for updates!!!
Sponsored

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
From what i'm learning, order tracking for canadian orders is not as great as it is in the US but you can bet i'll try!

As for getting the VIN, my sales rep told me it can take 2 weeks to get. Now I don't know if that's 1: a Canadian thing, 2: He doesn't know anything or 3: He's telling the truth.

Just ask your dealer for the VON (vehicle order number)- he gets that moments after submitting your order to the factory.

Your next goal is to get your VIN. If your dealer isn't too responsive, you can ask FCA Chat to tell you your VIN a day or so after you have the VON. Once you have your VIN, your tracking obsession can really begin!

The only odd thing is that there's no way to get your build status online, even with a VIN... you have to ask Jeep Chat. I heard they used to have a system for finding it yourself online, but that's apparently gone.

But at some point after your order is at around "JB" status, you can now see your build sheet online.

And once you hit "KZ" status, you'll be able to see your Monroney (window sticker) online.

For a sense of the timing, i have no idea if my order is typical, but here's what I had:

My JL was ordered 6/3.
Got my VON 6/3 (asked after dealer told me order was in).
on 6/5 I had a VIN assigned by the factory, which I got by asking FCA Chat.
on 6/5 FCA Chat reported my build status as "D".
on 6/18 my build sheet was available online!
on 6/18 FCA Chat reported my build status as "JB"
on 6/26 FCA Chat reported my build status as "KZ" and (yay!) I can now retrieve my window sticker!

RESOURCES:

Thanks to all the many forum members who helped me understand all this and become an order tracking junkie.:like:

Last edited:

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Thanks, I'm looking forward to lots of things at this point. But first, just have to hope it actually processes!

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T

I ordered mine on 4/29. I had the VIN from the dealer the next week and then used that on the Jeep Chat to get updates 3 times. The 4th time they said sorry you are from Canada and refused to give an update. So probably depends on who you get on the chat.

Anyways I picked mine up on 5/31 so just over 1 month.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
yes 98% jeep dealers in Chicago land are jerk offs!

Finally done, Jason at Tyson ordered yesterday. Doc fee $180, prep and wheel lock fee $200.

wife didn't even want them to unwrapp it, but not sure how they show up at the lots. Minimum, leave plastic on seats and don't wash!

And then We saw the BIKIN Rubi! ugh!!! hahaha beautiful too!
I had Jason list a Rubi out for me he gave me a great price but he was 8hrs from me found another Dealer with in $50.00 only 3hrs away so I purchased from them instead .

Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I ordered mine on 4/29. I had the VIN from the dealer the next week and then used that on the Jeep Chat to get updates 3 times. The 4th time they said sorry you are from Canada and refused to give an update. So probably depends on who you get on the chat.

Anyways I picked mine up on 5/31 so just over 1 month.
1 month from order to delivery would be very cool. I asked several dealers while I was shopping and was told 3-4 weeks at one place and 2-3 months at another... I'm sure both scenarios happen so it's hard to tell.

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Well i'm one step closer, I obtained my VON.

Already tried FCA chat and was told it's too early to get VIN. They told me to try back in a week.

They also told me to contact FCA Canada instead, but they don't seem to have a chat line, so i'll keep pestering the nice people south of the border!!!

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Well i'm one step closer, I obtained my VON.

Already tried FCA chat and was told it's too early to get VIN. They told me to try back in a week.

They also told me to contact FCA Canada instead, but they don't seem to have a chat line, so i'll keep pestering the nice people south of the border!!!
Do not bother with FCA Canada, they will not be of any help. They will tell you to talk to the dealer.

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Do not bother with FCA Canada, they will not be of any help. They will tell you to talk to the dealer.
yeah that's what i've been reading here also. In this day and age it's ridiculous that we can't track our own order online...

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I ordered on June 15, 2019...was given my VIN about 10 days later. I was told to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks from order date. So I'm expecting early August. But it looks like other orders are taking 30 days. What are the chances the dealership is wrong on their estimate? Like, all dealerships says "6-8 weeks" to manage expectations, but it is actually quicker?

Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Wanted to check status with Jeep Chat this morning, but the chat button is greyed out.

Upon closer reading, the chat doesn't run on sundays... Pestering FCA for updates is addictive!!!

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I ordered on June 15, 2019...was given my VIN about 10 days later. I was told to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks from order date. So I'm expecting early August. But it looks like other orders are taking 30 days. What are the chances the dealership is wrong on their estimate? Like, all dealerships says "6-8 weeks" to manage expectations, but it is actually quicker?
6-8 weeks is an estimate. There are people who have gotten there jeep in 10 days while some have waited 6+ months.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
It will be interesting to see what happens to build times for 2019 wranglers when Jeep switches to the 2020 model build in mid-July. Of course, that mid-July date may have already moved to earlier or later....... I am guessing, “later” as the 2020 model year order books aren’t open yet......

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It will be interesting to see what happens to build times for 2019 wranglers when Jeep switches to the 2020 model build in mid-July. Of course, that mid-July date may have already moved to earlier or later....... I am guessing, “later” as the 2020 model year order books aren’t open yet......
The ones that aren't built by the model year end are rolled over and manufactured/sold as the new model year.

Example: I order a 2019 JLUR and it isn't built by the 2019 end of production date. It will still be made but labeled a 2020.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The ones that aren't built by the model year end are rolled over and manufactured/sold as the new model year.

Example: I order a 2019 JLUR and it isn't built by the 2019 end of production date. It will still be made but labeled a 2020.
This is very interesting to hear. Thank you.

So, I guess that it could be possible to get a 2020 model with 2019 some specs...... say a paint color that is discontinued for 2020? Order a 2019 in ABC paint color, it doesn’t get built in time for 2019 so they make it a 2020 model with the (now discontinued) paint color? Interesting.
Sponsored