Sponsored

Enabling auto dim mirror in BCM

hiilong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
There is a replacement harness that you need that connects from the drivers side pillar, up and across the windshield header, to the passenger side pillar. This harness adds the additional connection for the auto dim mirror.

If you're question is in regards to the adaptive cruise control (ACC), I can't speak to it as I don't have that feature. For my application, I believe there were 2 bolts that held the original mirror in place, which I removed and bolted in the new mirror.

Do you happen to have the part number of the harness?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
Thanks for that information. I did not know there is a difference in the ‘18 vs ‘19 radios.

I tried a used 2018 8.4 UAQ made by Panasonic I got off eBay in my 2018 Sport S which came factory with 7” and Apline audio and dual climate control. Had to send it back as I ahas a green screen backup camera. Everything else expect Guardian worked which I did not expect.

I ordered a NEW 8.4 UAQ from Mopar wholesaler which will be delivered this Friday. Crossing my fingers!

I was talking with a Jeep technician on Facebook that said the units are self learning which reinforces your point that the 2019 units read the BCM to enable the features. This gives me hope.

thanks again for your response.
Do you or anyone else have any insight on this green screen. I bought a UAS ( no nav) from an 18 ram to put in my 2020 jl. mounting was a little different. and it was a little big to fit into the dash. but nothing a little dremel could not fix. .

anyway.... I have the green backup screen as well. the fellow I bought it off of had mentioned that it was green for him. also when he had it in his wrangler. we were thinking it was a different camera type used on the rams. but i would like to know if there is a way to work around this, ,

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
Thanks for that information. I did not know there is a difference in the ‘18 vs ‘19 radios.

I tried a used 2018 8.4 UAQ made by Panasonic I got off eBay in my 2018 Sport S which came factory with 7” and Apline audio and dual climate control. Had to send it back as I ahas a green screen backup camera. Everything else expect Guardian worked which I did not expect.

I ordered a NEW 8.4 UAQ from Mopar wholesaler which will be delivered this Friday. Crossing my fingers!

I was talking with a Jeep technician on Facebook that said the units are self learning which reinforces your point that the 2019 units read the BCM to enable the features. This gives me hope.

thanks again for your response.
I will agree with this. . .as a jeep tech myself. we dont get trained in the inner workings of the radios as far as swapping them around goes. . . however the used one (8.4) I bought. when i fist plugged it in. off road pages was there. and after a few reboots. it went away. . . . it never did actually work. but there was an icon for it as well as you could click on it and it would attempt to load for a few seconds. and then just flash back to the home screen. now it just disappeared. . Im thinking this is more a bcm. function rather then the radio

OP
OP

WarlockLord

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I will agree with this. . .as a jeep tech myself. we dont get trained in the inner workings of the radios as far as swapping them around goes. . . however the used one (8.4) I bought. when i fist plugged it in. off road pages was there. and after a few reboots. it went away. . . . it never did actually work. but there was an icon for it as well as you could click on it and it would attempt to load for a few seconds. and then just flash back to the home screen. now it just disappeared. . Im thinking this is more a bcm. function rather then the radio
This is correct. The flag for off road pages is stored in the BCM and can be enabled with a Tazer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WarlockLord

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you or anyone else have any insight on this green screen. I bought a UAS ( no nav) from an 18 ram to put in my 2020 jl. mounting was a little different. and it was a little big to fit into the dash. but nothing a little dremel could not fix. .

anyway.... I have the green backup screen as well. the fellow I bought it off of had mentioned that it was green for him. also when he had it in his wrangler. we were thinking it was a different camera type used on the rams. but i would like to know if there is a way to work around this, ,
You need a camera from a 2018 JL, most likely. There is a difference in the part numbers for the 2018 and the 2019-2021.

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
You need a camera from a 2018 JL, most likely. There is a difference in the part numbers for the 2018 and the 2019-2021.
def looking into .. .thanks.

OP
OP

WarlockLord

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
def looking into .. .thanks.
Just to try to be a little more helpful..... there is a TSB regarding replacing the rear camera if your auto keeps dropping out in 2 second intervals and the rear camera screen is blue with a message that camera system is unavailable.

In that TSB is the part number for the two different cameras.

UPDATE: I found the TSB in my camera roll. The 18 p/n is 68288397AC. The 19 p/n is 68414411AA.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove a Jeep or two with the 7" screens, but searched for one with the 8.4 UConnect with the other options I wanted... I was afraid of headaches like this if I tried to upgrade it. I can't imagine trying to install an aftermarket system although Crutchfield does a great job helping match up what is needed for a complete system replacement.

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
Just to try to be a little more helpful..... there is a TSB regarding replacing the rear camera if your auto keeps dropping out in 2 second intervals and the rear camera screen is blue with a message that camera system is unavailable.

In that TSB is the part number for the two different cameras.

UPDATE: I found the TSB in my camera roll. The 18 p/n is 68288397AC. The 19 p/n is 68414411AA.
I looked it up in dealer connect the 2020 part number is 68452959ab. And the 2018 part number is 68288397 AC

Might be onto something here don’t know if I want to drop 100 bucks on the camera just to try it but it be nice to know if anybody else has had this problem I’ll have to post a picture of the screen it’s not your typical green screen I still have a full view everything is just green like you’re looking through night vision binoculars
Sponsored