Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santamonicacalistings.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Occupation
Account Executive and Realtor and Actor
I sent out emails to 10 or so dealers here in LA for a custom order. I received an offer of 42k for a fully loaded 2dr Rubicon...the dealer build sheet says EP. What is employee pricing supposed to be? They are asking 1k as a deposit and say I need to come in to sign something. Do I need to go in? Is this a decent price? Rep told me they would honor the EP price...still waiting to hear back about other fees.

Jeep_offer.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I sent out emails to 10 or so dealers here in LA for a custom order. I received an offer of 42k for a fully loaded 2dr Rubicon...the dealer build sheet says EP. What is employee pricing supposed to be? They are asking 1k as a deposit and say I need to come in to sign something. Do I need to go in? Is this a decent price?
Post the build sheet.

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
Could you post the info. on the dealer? I am looking into ordering a Rubicon as well and live in Los Angeles County and would rather get something around here rather than ordering from Las Vegas.

OP
OP
TommySM

TommySM

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Occupation
Could you post the info. on the dealer? I am looking into ordering a Rubicon as well and live in Los Angeles County and would rather get something around here rather than ordering from Las Vegas.
Posted offer

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
Dont see dealer info on the build sheet. Would like to know contact person and dealer name. Thanks.

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If they truly give you the EP pricing the. You’re good. Never seen anyone in CA get the EP pricing so try it!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Looks like only 2% or so below invoice. You should be able to get another 2-4% off. You also need to find out what type of fees they are charging, a great seat can be negated by redicilous doc fees.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
My math shows 1.8% off invoice. You can get 1% off all day long with Tread Lightly even in SoCal. As mentioned above what other fees are they charging you? That is always the kicker at time of purchase. If no other fees at all well then you got 1.8% off. Jim Marsh in Vegas is doing 5-6% off if that drive and hassle is worth it to you.

OP
OP
TommySM

TommySM

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Occupation
It has been an email process...BUT...I have 4 offers at around $43k for 2019 Rubi fully loaded. Will be making counter offers in the next week. Once I decide I will post the Dealer.

I am self financed, but 1 dealer wants a "soft" pull of credit. I told him he is only obligated to cross check my name on the FTO terrorist list lol.

My question is...They all say the Tread Lightly FCA affiliate discount is factored in...but...if they don't get my paper work they lose out on the $500 back from FCA correct? It behooves them to give me the additional 1% discount correct?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
It has been an email process...BUT...I have 4 offers at around $43k for 2019 Rubi fully loaded. Will be making counter offers in the next week. Once I decide I will post the Dealer.

I am self financed, but 1 dealer wants a "soft" pull of credit. I told him he is only obligated to cross check my name on the FTO terrorist list lol.

My question is...They all say the Tread Lightly FCA affiliate discount is factored in...but...if they don't get my paper work they lose out on the $500 back from FCA correct? It behooves them to give me the additional 1% discount correct?
Why do you need a cold weather group in Santa Monica ? There are other items you really don't need , but the cold weather group stands out as a waste of money . There are guys in the upper midwest who winter in snow with a softtop , lol .

One of your best selections is the trailer tow group with better alternator .

Sponsored

lagunajim

Why do you need a cold weather group in Santa Monica ? There are other items you really don't need , but the cold weather group stands out as a waste of money . There are guys in the upper midwest who winter in snow with a softtop , lol .

As a fellow Southern Californian I can tell you that the cold weather group is all about driving at night with the doors and roof off -- the heated seat comes in very handy, even if it's 60-65 out and you're on the freeway.

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
LoL Why do you need a cold weather group.. I've seen that question asked often in regards to SoCal buyers. I can say for myself, Its damn nice to have remote start + have the Heater crankin in the winters, or AC in the summers. I live in the high desert tho, not Santa Monica. We see lows in the Teens which may not compare to "up north" but its still damn cold, especially in leather seats! Also see highs of 105* all summer long. Not to forget if you plan on wheelin up in Big Bear. Once the sun starts to drop it can get pretty cold, pretty fast. Froze my A** off one year riding a motorcycle down after Oktoberfest. T Shirt weather up, bought a hoodie to help make the trip back - didn't help much!

When I got my local dealership to print out their best quote, the guy mentioned that the cold weather group 'Does not' come with the engine block warmer, (which I thought it previously did?). I can't imagine would do any good in Cali...

Only thing I can think of that I'd really have loved for them to offer with the group is the Cooling Seats as well. I'll just get a foot peg for when I pull the doors off... and wear shorts :D

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback

Not far from LA to the mountains and snow, about 100 miles.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
When I got my local dealership to print out their best quote, the guy mentioned that the cold weather group 'Does not' come with the engine block warmer, (which I thought it previously did?). I can't imagine would do any good in Cali...
Southern California resident here...I remember taking my diesel ram to Montana in the winter, and I had a hard time getting it started in the morning at -40 degrees. Some guys I was speaking to at the hotel asked if I plugged in my block heater - which I had one! - but alas....nope...the one and only time I've really needed it, I forgot I had it to use.

Though I'll still buy the block heater on my next rig, even if I only do need it a couple times.
Sponsored