Employee Discount Crackdown by FCA

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Employee price just got a lot harder to get. Employees and retirees were notified this week that FCA is redesigning the program to reduce cheating - i.e., giving "EP" numbers to people who are not one of the 8-10 types of close relatives that are allowed. The new system goes into effect June 14th, but it's uncertain whether new EP numbers will be available before then.

This is distinct from Friends & Family pricing. EP pricing is 5% below invoice, FF is 1% below. FF pricing is available to just about everybody if you can get an employee to give you one of their 6 numbers allowed each year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
liquids

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aren’t many dealerships selling for 4-5% below invoice routinely to regular old customers?
Probably depends on where you are and how close to the end of the month you are.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Myself and many others have received under EP pricing without issues.
-6% for me.

ZombieNipples

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Employee price just got a lot harder to get. Employees and retirees were notified this week that FCA is redesigning the program to reduce cheating - i.e., giving "EP" numbers to people who are not one of the 8-10 types of close relatives that are allowed. The new system goes into effect June 14th, but it's uncertain whether new EP numbers will be available before then.

This is distinct from Friends & Family pricing. EP pricing is 5% below invoice, FF is 1% below. FF pricing is available to just about everybody if you can get an employee to give you one of their 6 numbers allowed each year.
Would this only affect orders placed after that date or would it also affect any order placed before and not delivered until after that date?

Sponsored

OP
OP
liquids

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EP numbers get used when you pay. Order date wouldn’t matter. However, not being an employee anymore, I just don’t know how EP numbers will get generated between now and 6/14.

OP
OP
liquids

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:
After 6/14 someone handing out EP numbers has to have previously put your name on their list with your relationship to them in order to generate a number for you. An employee/retiree won't be able to enter new person and immediately get a new number for them.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

How does this affect me if I'm one of the 8-10 types of close relatives (i.e. immediate sibling)? Do I need to get my brother to do anything? I wanted to wait a bit longer before ordering. Also, is this a USA-only change? What about Canada?

OP
OP
liquids

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does this affect me if I'm one of the 8-10 types of close relatives (i.e. immediate sibling)? Do I need to get my brother to do anything? I wanted to wait a bit longer before ordering. Also, is this a USA-only change? What about Canada?
Don't know if FCA Canada has a different system. Have you ever bought with an EP number before? If their system is anything like US, your brother needs to enter you as a potential close relative buyer before 6/14.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Don't know if FCA Canada has a different system. Have you ever bought with an EP number before? If their system is anything like US, your brother needs to enter you as a potential close relative buyer before 6/14.
How exactly is FCA going to handle people getting married, having children etc. after June 14?

Sponsored

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
Update:
After 6/14 someone handing out EP numbers has to have previously put your name on their list with your relationship to them in order to generate a number for you. An employee/retiree won't be able to enter new person and immediately get a new number for them.
A guess would be that new person(s) will be able to be added, but then there will be a waiting period before a number can be obtained.

scrambles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 Tremor, 18 HD Deluxe, 79 Fiat Spider, 07 HD Sportster Roadster, 16 Little Guy Silver Shadow, 64 Vespa
Vehicle Showcase
Aren’t many dealerships selling for 4-5% below invoice routinely to regular old customers?
Correct. I was eligible for affiliate discount based on my employer being in their program(1% off dealer invoice) but dealer had already discounted more than what that 1% represented. So the affiliate program discount was worthless to me. If, for some reason i cannot think of,.....someone had to buy from those dealers out there who make it a practice not to discount ,or minimally discount, then the Affiliate Program may be worthwhile........not where i shop ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: