First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Does anyone use portable emergency dash/windshield lights in their JL?
I found some on Amazon but not sure if would work with the Wrangler dash or windshield.
Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Are you talking about warning lights? I run blue LEDs for calls. I mounted one on the bottom of my ACC / safety system box at the top of the windshield. I found that the 2 PAR 36 LEDs that I mounted on my A pillar brackets are more effective and since they are clear when off they look like driving lights.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MikeJLURubi

I assume you know that the Tazer JL will give you in motion, Emergency Light Show lighting, that can be tailored in regard to what lights you want to include in the light show array.

A dash mounted Emergency light will pale in comparison to what the Tazer JL can provide you.

OP
OP
MikeJLURubi

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@MikeJLURubi

I assume you know that the Tazer JL will give you in motion, Emergency Light Show lighting, that can be tailored in regard to what lights you want to include in the light show array.

A dash mounted Emergency light will pale in comparison to what the Tazer JL can provide you.

I am talking about warning lights and no I am not aware of the Tazer JL but I will look into it.
I am a investigator for the coroner's office and I use by Jeep for scenes and I just need something to more safely go around stopped traffic, etc

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MikeJLURubi

What I mentioned is used by EMTs, Vol. Fire Fighters and such. You should look into the Tazer JL.

OP
OP
MikeJLURubi

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Tazer JL looks awesome!

Thanks!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MikeJLURubi

Not sure if you go the standard deduction route at tax time or itemized... but if you itemize, you could buy the Tazer JL Mini and write it off as a job related expense.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@paffemt

With the Tazer JL, Light Show feature, it uses lighting the stock JL, light fixtures.

Obviously, no blue lighting comes stock with a JL

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if you need Red or Blue lights in the front (or Blue in the rear) Tazer really doesn't help.
@paffemt

Your answer is pretty obvious right...

If you are a guy or gal that needs to incorporate Blue for example, you would have great response lighting if you enabled JL's lights in a Light Show and then also have your Blue dash light.

Incorporating both has the plus that when you are parked ... side of road.... at the scene, you have flashing lights on all sides of the vehicle. Also, if you have your vehicle , sideways, blocking the road, etc..

Your little Blue dash light and or red rear light are only good ... only warns those it front or rear of you when on route or parked.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Does anyone use portable emergency dash/windshield lights in their JL?
I found some on Amazon but not sure if would work with the Wrangler dash or windshield.
Get with springtail and see if he has any insight.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
@paffemt

Your answer is pretty obvious right...

If you are a guy or gal that needs to incorporate Blue for example, you would have great response lighting if you enabled JL's lights in a Light Show and then also have your Blue dash light.

Incorporating both has the plus that when you are parked ... side of road.... at the scene, you have flashing lights on all sides of the vehicle. Also, if you have your vehicle , sideways, blocking the road, etc..

Your little Blue dash light and or red rear light are only good ... only warns those it front or rear of you when on route or parked.
Most states have lighting requirements that specify what colors can be used for what. For example in PA Blue for Vol FF and EMT's, Red for chiefs and Red and Blue for PD (RED must be on left) and lighting is to be visible front and back. The lighting provided by Tazer would not be allowed for FF's and EMT's and possibly not for chiefs since it uses the amber turn signal to the front. PA's regulations are light compared to some states though..
Sponsored

Last edited: