Sponsored

Emergency can not shut off or put in gear

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like some one needs a geography lesson, so here it is.....

75379D4A-BAC9-4C99-8E88-CBE103514BB0.jpeg
Dictionary.com:

Joke:

noun
1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

verb (used without object), joked, jok·ing.
3. to speak or act in a playful or merry way: He was always joking with us.

4. to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious: He didn't really mean it, he was only joking.
verb (used with object), joked, jok·ing.
5. to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease.

6. to obtain by joking: The comedian joked coins from the audience.

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
**Update** Dealer opened a star case and they found the sway bar disconnect module gone bad. Order new sway bar assembly. Tazer is exonerated :rock::clap::like: whew lol (not that I blamed the tazer).

I read on here last night if electronics go bad its usually early in the life cycle so lets hope we're good going forward.

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
**Update** Dealer oped a star case and they found the sway bar disconnect module gone bad. Order new sway bar assembly. Tazer is exonerated :rock::clap::like: whew lol (not that I blamed the tazer).

I read on here last night if electronics go bad its usually early in the life cycle so lets hope we're good going forward.
Great to hear they found the issue.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People worry about engine choices and reliability. Myself included. The actual engine is probably the least of anyone's problems as far as getting stranded. It's all the peripherals that are more likely to fail and leave someone stranded. The chain is only as strong as the weakest link. All cars today have so many different computers, control modules, switches, sensors. Any one can cause other problems in other systems that can leave a vehicle inoperable. One faulty component or system can cause other faulty symptoms in what would seem to be a unrelated system. Like the OP's sway bar disconnect module being the source of his problems.

It's not just FCA, it's all car brands. It can be a part shared by other car companies. Very recently Subaru issued a huge recall for defective brake switches under the brake pedal. I think 2.3 million cars are under this recall. It's a $17 switch that activates the rear brake lights. In a older car the switch is only tied into the rear brake lights. In a modern automobile the switch is tied into many other systems and can cause all kinds of other problems. For Subaru the defective $17 switch can cause traction control lights to activate, ABS lights to activate and lock all 4 wheels, problems shifting out of park, loss of brake lights, problems with the keyless push to start feature, loss of it's Eyesight front accident avoidence system. These are some potentially life threatening problems. All which can be caused by a defective $17 switch. A switch that was made by one company and shared with another car company. In this case the $17 part was made by Nissan and used by Subaru. The part is actually stamped Nissan.

Last edited:

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
We had a Pontiac - remember them? 1990 Grand Prix with HUD and v6 turbo, oh yeah it was pretty, red with the gold wheels... but it had a few issues: the brake pedal had a plastic part that would break and cause the pedal to engage the brake lights and run the battery down - happened 3 times! If you wanted to change the spark plugs on one side you disconnected the motor mount, put it in gear, hold the brake till the motor shifted then quickly slipped a piece of wood in to hold it in place (we never replaced the plugs) and lastly, the alternator failed leaving my 8 month pregnant wife and me out in rural NC during August. That was the last straw, after getting that fixed the mechanic asked if we ever had trouble shifting into drive in the morning, wife says yeah- everyday, he looked at me and said, sell it! We did and it was one of the best things we ever did.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We had a Pontiac - remember them? 1990 Grand Prix with HUD and v6 turbo, oh yeah it was pretty, red with the gold wheels... but it had a few issues: the brake pedal had a plastic part that would break and cause the pedal to engage the brake lights and run the battery down - happened 3 times! If you wanted to change the spark plugs on one side you disconnected the motor mount, put it in gear, hold the brake till the motor shifted then quickly slipped a piece of wood in to hold it in place (we never replaced the plugs) and lastly, the alternator failed leaving my 8 month pregnant wife and me out in rural NC during August. That was the last straw, after getting that fixed the mechanic asked if we ever had trouble shifting into drive in the morning, wife says yeah- everyday, he looked at me and said, sell it! We did and it was one of the best things we ever did.
The late 80's and 90's were not the pride of some car companies. lol.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I have had a few GM vehicles over the years and every single one had cheap plastic parts and other stuff breaking and causing issues from minor annoyances to major problems. I bought a Grand Cherokee in 2003 and have had Jeeps / Rams ever since. I know people have reported problems with FCA vehicles too but I have had incredible luck with the eight I have owned or leased since 03.

I will never buy GM again and I grew up in a GM town.

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The electronic sway bar was replaced after about 2 weeks and everything is fine now except the steering wheel isnt centered. Dealer mentioned that was the second 2019 sway bar they replaced in a month.
Sponsored