plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
So I was going through the pictures, and found out my plastic trim around brake handle bar was pinched and rolled (red circle in the pic, left one is a normal and right one is mine).

Out of curiosity, I checked some other pictures posted here cover that area. And I found 10 out of 12 people have their trim pinched. The others are either new or probably not using the handle much. To me it is just a bad design and probably another Jeep thing.

Is your pinched?

Untitled-3.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@plex

No, my JL's is not pinched.

------

Was noticing you have a "Remove Before Flight" ribbon in the picture of your JL.

I have one of those "Remove before Flight" ribbons lying in the little change holder under the Ebrake handle.

When I have my Bestop Sunrider closed but not latched, I place that Remove Before Flight, ribbon on my magnetic cellphone mount to remind me to either secure or flip open my Sunrider before driving..

Often when in Florida, when I leave the JL unattended in a parking lot, I flip closed the SR but do not secure it / fasten it down with the latches.

I just flip it closed in case it rains and or to block the sun.

IF when I come back to the vehicle and forget to flip the SR open, it will fly open at speeds above say 30 mph. Did this x 2.

This wakes you right up 8-) and for sure is not good for the SR.

SO, the Remove Before Flight is a visual reminder and YES, it does work to remind me.

Notice the ribbon is color coordinated with the JL's interior.. 8-)

oooo.jpg

OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@plex

No, my JL's is not pinched.

------

Was noticing you have a "Remove Before Flight" ribbon in the picture of your JL.

I have one of those "Remove before Flight" ribbons lying in the little change holder under the Ebrake handle.

When I have my Bestop Sunrider closed but not latched, I place that Remove Before Flight, ribbon on my magnetic cellphone mount to remind me to either secure or flip open my Sunrider before driving..

Often when in Florida, when I leave the JL unattended in a parking lot, I flip closed the SR but do not secure it / fasten it down with the latches.

I just flip it closed in case it rains and or to block the sun.

IF when I come back to the vehicle and forget to flip the SR open, it will fly open at speeds above say 30 mph. Did this x 2.

This wakes you right up 8-) and for sure is not good for the SR.

SO, the Remove Before Flight is a visual reminder and YES, it does work to remind me.

Notice the ribbon is color coordinated with the JL's interior.. 8-)

oooo.jpg
Interesting enough, even the official picture of Tufskinz has that rubber pinched. So maybe install the cupholder mat did change the brake handle bar? (sarcastic)

I just have a gazillion of those RBFL labels lying around my house, I felt they are great for a lot of purposes, luggage tags, bla bla bla...

DSC_0589_1024x1024.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And even more interesting, there was an official giveaway of cupholder mat couple of months ago here at the forum. The picture also has that rubber pinched, so maybe cupholder did somehow distort the dimension!

64100-773ac7574cccba2edb64570776e4fb7c.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
So I was going through the pictures, and found out my plastic trim around brake handle bar was pinched and rolled (red circle in the pic, left one is a normal and right one is mine).

Out of curiosity, I checked some other pictures posted here cover that area. And I found 10 out of 12 people have their trim pinched. The others are either new or probably not using the handle much. To me it is just a bad design and probably another Jeep thing.

Is your pinched?

Untitled-3.jpg
I broke mine the other day. Do you know the part number to the pinched rubber? Probably going to replace the whole piece.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
mine is not pinched. but i dont use it. my e brake handle is different then whats shon in the pics. i have a 19 jl sport.

20200412_162248[1].jpg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
You don’t use the E brake at all?
the only time i use the e brake is when i am under the jeep (along with chocking the tire) or changing the tire(s). so the e brake gets used about 5% of the (long) ownership of the jeep. same goes with any other vehicle i've owned.
Sponsored