Sponsored

Elitist Jeep Owners and Builds - you do you and I do me.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
@KenPewPew @TX_Ovrlnd

Wth am i reading.
Is this some morse code macarena thing or what?
Im soooo pissed I dont know what is happening!
THIS IS NOT COOL DUDES!
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Contra, probably the first cheat code I ever used. Anyway, screw what people think, especially on here. I’m not the most or least experienced Jeep owner. I’m on #4 and the latest one is the only vehicle I haven’t taken offroad out of every 4WD vehicle I’ve owned. Everyone on here or any forum will have a better way of doing whatever you have decided to do. I’ve had so many people comment with their “expert” opinion in an attempt to bash me that it’s comical. And honestly, we all have Jeeps…zero practicality (IMHO), overpriced, shitty mpg, boxes. They are iconic and fun. That’s about it. So you do you and if any elitist gives you shit and is actually being serious, they aren’t a real elitist. I’ve got some Jeep elitist friends and they will break balls but they will also help you out in the process.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Off road elitist maybe more accurate. But still even those are not likely to skip an opportunity to help anyone in need.

But really, who cares what anyone says about who, what, when or how you own your Jeep. I don't care what Chevy owners say about my Fords just the same. There's always some loud mouth wanting to try and get a rise out of me for driving a Ford. It's ok, since I know the routine and dish it back.

Just know that Jeep camaraderie is real and there is some joking around and all that ribbing that comes with it.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Ok i got it now. Never knew cheat code existed.... not sure i will remember....prob never use.... but coolio. And you KNOW once the sun rises immagunna try it. I was going to put in daughters pc78 today and pull 1 hood sensor out, so it will be a good mom/kid bonding moment to try the code. Thx! I LOVE easter egg type thingys!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
AWWWWWW!!!!! So CLOSE and yet no cigars!!! Dang man - just when I thought that I finally found someone as cool - you messed up on of the most important part. (Although I never thought that the multiple color hearts means lgbtquvwxyz - but I see your point. I was trying to express 💗 in different colors to give it some personality (can't believe that JjIrish did not get that- boo) Or that fireworks or sparklers could be interpreted as fairy want(sic).

Now had you guess the last part correctly - you would have be the coolest dude ever. Which part you say? This!!

⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡🅱🅰

Had you be able to decipher that you would be one coolest person in the world (yes yes you don't care but you would have been) - well maybe not "cool" to the standard of Jeep forum here 🙄

Yep - that Konami Code would have push your coolness to the infinity and beyond. Cheers!
I knew what it was, but reporting it as that would have been less fun for me.

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
My old boss had a saying, "better to be looking at it, than looking for it."
I got a Rubicon for it's capability. Has it been to Windrock like my old YJ? Not yet. Has it saved a few vehicles at the beach already? Yep. Is the CRV a good car? Yep. Do I want to own one? Nope.
Up until a year and a half ago I drove a blurple 2018 CRV. You are correct, it was a fantastic car... but I'm much happier in my Jeep 😁

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Is the CRV a good car? Yep. Do I want to own one? Nope.
That pretty much summarizes the entire Honda lineup these days.

Honda sales are down 40% year over year. They claim it is due to the supply chain issues. I believe they have other problems, including Hyundai and Kia.

If you are one of those buyers still lining up for months to get a Honda, you need to get out more.

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Interesting observations...

Here is how my Tj came about. Aug, 2002 Ft Worth, Tx: Was having a conversation with a friend who owned an offroad shop, one of the best in the US, and a few others wheelers. I just took delivery of my Rubicon. Of course, the talk was what are you going to do with your Rubicon. I said: Somewhere between a daily driver and an extreme off-roader. Then one of the guys said, that is an interesting question. Looks at me and says you are the Engineer, where does the X Y axis cross.

I thought for a moment and said you know I just sold my company, retired and that is what I am going to do. But in order to answer the question we need a metric. Then one of the guys said, we have one! Moab, the 10-rated trails. You drive there, do all the trails and drive back, NO Breakage, no trial undone.

Conclusion: I found in 8 years of wheeling across the SW US and Mexico there were no trails I could not accomplish. I drove everywhere, putting 88,xxx miles on my RUbicon, and never failed, except once, my NEW Optima battery shorted out internally on a scenic trail in Moab. It was our last day, last trail near the end almost at the trailhead. One of the guys had a spare battery on his truck and her went and got it and drove back to Texas with it. I never bought an Optima battery again, turns out Optimas were junk.

Off Road for the win

Now is it a daily driver?

I was contacted by a major off road outfit and they wanted me to Test a new Warn Winch. It was called the powerplant. It was a winch and an air compressor in one. The test was due to the physical size of the winch would it cause overheating in a Jeep and I lived where they test stuff like that. So they sent me on and I installed and YES its was BIG and TALL, almost covered up the front of my Jeep. My testing metric was Friday beginning at 4:30 PM, leaving from the heart of downtown Phoenix and driving home to Scottsdale. I repeated this 3 times in Aug. Street temps were approaching 137 F, and stop-and-go traffic. What should have taken about 30 min max to home was now 1 ½ hours. I ran the AC the entire time and it was ice cold, no matter how long I sat without moving the temp gage never moved above its normal. In addition, my Rubicon had a Supercharger sitting atop the engine and it generates a LOT of heat.

I still have that Warn PowerPlant. Been on 3 Jeeps, 5 F 350/450 trucks and on my F 450 King Ranch now.

That said I did some might say I had a cheat. I had a Heavy Duty Jeep Wrangler OEM Fan, 7 blades vs the stock 5 blades. I don't think I cheated and IIRC the fan was $36 bucks at your local Jeep house.

Daily Driver for the win!

Take away: Rubicon is the most competent off road production vehicle made in its OEM form. Remember I am a ROCK crawler, not a mud man, nor a sandblaster. Its also unfazed in sitting in traffic at 137 F in downtown Phoenix.

? Does the 2023 and its older brothers have the same prowess?? Dunno, I don't need to check that box again, maybe some will retire and chase the rock trails as I did for 8 years. It was one of the greatest times in my life. I did do a lo of trails by myiself mostly because not a lot of folks could go a week or 2 at a time like I did.

TODAY: Well I just took delivery of Rubicon 6, what will I do with it? Prob NOT much. The Rubicon will do the Rubicon trail in OEM form. That box is checked so I need to give it some thought. I doubt here in FL that its a rock crawler paradise and I don't mud and sand (other than some beach driving)

Pics below are of my Rubicon and the Warn PowerPlant, easy to see there was concern over the heating issues. In my report to the dealer and Warn the take away was nothing to worry about, overheating not an issue. What I should have said was: 'was nothing to worry about, overheating not an issue" but perception is reality and to see it mounted on a Jeep TJ the first thought Ohhh not gonna buy that it overheats my Jeep. Warn did not nor the big dealer tell folks, tested and will overheat your Jeep in in Phoenix in the summer time... The result was it did sell well in the Jeep community because of perception. In fact I don't think I have ever seen a Jeep with one mounted except my Jeep and I always gets asked, does it cause overheating?

The second pic is my Supercharger it does put some heat but the Rubicon can deal with it.

30112006197.jpg

P9050031.JPG
Like I mentioned prior, your REALLY need to set up your Jeep history thread on this site, it would be a must read for sure!
Hope you keep posting up this great content as it's a treat to tap into true old-school Jeeper knowledge and wisdom!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That pretty much summarizes the entire Honda lineup these days.

Honda sales are down 40% year over year. They claim it is due to the supply chain issues. I believe they have other problems, including Hyundai and Kia.

If you are one of those buyers still lining up for months to get a Honda, you need to get out more.
I have owned two Kia Optima cars. They are great cars. Both went over 200,000 miles with nothing other that routine maintenance. The second one started burning oil at 200,000 miles. The dealer service manager told me to stop putting oil in it and to burn up the motor. Then at 203,000 miles they put a new motor in it. At 225,000 miles, I passed the car onto my son when he moved back from Japan. The optima now has 250,000+ miles on it and I am sure it will easily go to 400,000 miles.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned two Kia Optima cars. They are great cars. Both went over 200,000 miles with nothing other that routine maintenance. The second one started burning oil at 200,000 miles. The dealer service manager told me to stop putting oil in it and to burn up the motor. Then at 203,000 miles they put a new motor in it. At 225,000 miles, I passed the car onto my son when he moved back from Japan. The optima now has 250,000+ miles on it and I am sure it will easily go to 400,000 miles.
I’ve never owned a Kia or a Hyundai, but they are selling like hot cakes; Hondas are not.

I’ve owned only one Honda: a 2006 Honda S2000. It was a fun car to drive, if you could stand the continuous engine wail. The interior must have been designed by someone laid-off from Atari. The Honda dealership experience was meh. The closest thing to it would be having your Frigidaire serviced...

A few months ago I walked into the Honda dealer to look into the new Civic hatchback. It’s been getting rave reviews on YouTube, especially with the manual transmission.

They had none. They had three coming in the next two months: one was black, the other two silver; all automatic. What about manual transmission? Honda is not making any. How about red or blue? Honda is not making any. Can I place a factory order? No can do.

I walked out.

No wonder Honda sales are in the ditch.
Sponsored