Sponsored

Elitist Jeep Owners and Builds - you do you and I do me.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Ahhhh the rust spots. The rubi has those now, bottom of the doors. Found em when she removed the "veep" wrap. Thank goodness I can just drop off the doors for painting and daughter gets to cruise with the tube doors. Still wish I could've gotten her the half doors. I love those things! They scream jeep to me!
My first thought was RUST??? THen I saw you are down here in FL! Maybe I need to keep and eye on my Jeep!!! I am on the water...
Sponsored

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
my life=

(((( eye rolling and slightly gagging as my daughter tells me she wants to add lil baby slim fenders bc they will look better with her angry grill... ))))
BUT THEN SHE SAID "Mom, you should give me your 392, I can put my ANGRY GRILL on it and stuff.... bc i need the horsepower".

H - E - DOUBLE FRICKIN HOCKEY STICKS to the NO WAY AS LONG AS THE SUN STILL SHINES.
No angry grill on a 392.
She found my hard limit.
If it wasn't for her love of horsepower, I would be searching for her hospital band to verify I took home the right kid.
*claps excitedly at JJIrish* I am so overwhelmed (happy) at your posting that I cannot put my emotions in words but lemme try another way.....

πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£β€β€β€πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€€πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ€ πŸ€ β€πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€ŽπŸΆπŸΆπŸŒΆπŸŒΆπŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‡β¬†β¬†β¬‡β¬‡β¬…βž‘β¬…βž‘πŸ…°πŸ…±πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

I hope that conveys my sentiment!!! :like:

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Ugh, when I hear β€œRenegade” I get visions of a Fiat with a Jeep grille...
1666878529141.jpeg
While those aren't bad cars per se, the "Renegade" name was used for a lot of years on REAL Jeeps.

Having owned a 2019 Trailhawk Renegade that we put 56,000 miles on, I will say that the 1.3L turbo motor is ready for prime time. It crawls WAY better than the 2.4, and was a good match for the chassis. Never had a single issue with the motor, and it punches WAY above it's weight class. The 9 speed trans on the other hand, is why we sold the rig. It's not confidence inspiring, is expensive to replace (especially the Trailhawk only version) and it was confused regularly. It always felt like something was going to give out of warranty, which is why we traded it in on a real Jeep.

We said if it had a manual in it, we'd have kept it for an overall allroads car, because it was fantastic in snow with Falken AT3W's on it. It was pretty darn good offroad as a gravel road, rough road and even some crawling vehicle. BUT, it never felt like it was going to be a long term car.

They're basically throw away vehicles once they wear out, like a lot of modern cars. Not worth what it would cost to fix if you lost a motor.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
My first thought was RUST??? THen I saw you are down here in FL! Maybe I need to keep and eye on my Jeep!!! I am on the water...
You def do my good sir!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
*claps excitedly at JJIrish* I am so overwhelmed (happy) at your posting that I cannot put my emotions in words but lemme try another way.....

πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£β€β€β€πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€€πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ€ πŸ€ β€πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€ŽπŸΆπŸΆπŸŒΆπŸŒΆπŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‡β¬†β¬†β¬‡β¬‡β¬…βž‘β¬…βž‘πŸ…°πŸ…±πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

I hope that conveys my sentiment!!! :like:
Nah... im still a bit confused...

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
While those aren't bad cars per se, the "Renegade" name was used for a lot of years on REAL Jeeps.

Having owned a 2019 Trailhawk Renegade that we put 56,000 miles on, I will say that the 1.3L turbo motor is ready for prime time. It crawls WAY better than the 2.4, and was a good match for the chassis. Never had a single issue with the motor, and it punches WAY above it's weight class. The 9 speed trans on the other hand, is why we sold the rig. It's not confidence inspiring, is expensive to replace (especially the Trailhawk only version) and it was confused regularly. It always felt like something was going to give out of warranty, which is why we traded it in on a real Jeep.

We said if it had a manual in it, we'd have kept it for an overall allroads car, because it was fantastic in snow with Falken AT3W's on it. It was pretty darn good offroad as a gravel road, rough road and even some crawling vehicle. BUT, it never felt like it was going to be a long term car.

They're basically throw away vehicles once they wear out, like a lot of modern cars. Not worth what it would cost to fix if you lost a motor.
Yup. The 9-speed transmission in my brother's 2015 Renegade Trailhawk died one week after the factory warranty ended. The transmission is a sealed unit, so the dealer wanted a boatload of money to swap it out for a new one. That Jeep was no stranger to the service bay; it was in and out regularly; mostlly due to all sorts of electronic issues.

They raised such hell that the dealer put them into a 2019 Compass Altitude for the equivalent of 50% off MSRP!

They enjoyed driving the Renegade more, but the Compass seems better put together.

PS - the 1.4T in my Fiat Spider also punches well above its weight. I have no issue recommending Fiat engines to anyone.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Nah... im still a bit confused...
I think he meant:
OMG, I love you, you make me laugh, you make me look dumb, I'm laughing again, Look at my stupid hat, I am lgbtq, my dog ate a hot pepper, I used my fairy want to wiggle in all directions, I still love you.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I think he meant:
OMG, I love you, you make me laugh, you make me look dumb, I'm laughing again, Look at my stupid hat, I am lgbtq, my dog ate a hot pepper, I used my fairy want to wiggle in all directions, I still love you.
This might be the best comment on this whole forum.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I think he meant:
Ok ok ok ok
YOU WIN πŸ†

Forum is now done.

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
I (often openly) criticize people who choose mods that reduce the capability or function of a vehicle. I come from the era where we modded to improve the abilities of our vehicles, not cripple them. Sports cars should be modded to make them faster or handle better. Jeeps should be modded to make them even more off-road capable, or at least customized in ways that don't reduce their off-road capability. Modifications that take the area where a particular vehicle excels and then eliminate some of that capability are worthy of ridicule.

For example:

1) Taking an F-350/Ram 3500/Silverado 3500HD with a 8000+ pound payload capacity and slapping some 26" Chinese wheels on it with low profile tires that can't support 1500 pounds each. You took the one thing that truck was good at and made it less than average at it.

2) Squatting is simply retarded. It tells the whole world exactly what type of person (feminine hygiene product) is driving that truck.

3) K-swapping a C5 Corvette because your friends think the Honda engine sounds cooler.

4) Giant fragile wheels and low profile tires on a Jeep.

Again, I'm not saying every mod has to improve capability. Adding leather seats is nice. Nothing wrong with that. Custom decals or graphics sure don't make a vehicle more capable, but those things don't hurt the capability of a vehicle either.

With all that said, Grumpers are stupid and ugly and should be all cast into the fiery pits of Hell.

Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I (often openly) criticize people who choose mods that reduce the capability or function of a vehicle. I come from the era where we modded to improve the abilities of our vehicles, not cripple them. Sports cars should be modded to make them faster or handle better. Jeeps should be modded to make them even more off-road capable, or at least customized in ways that don't reduce their off-road capability. Modifications that take the area where a particular vehicle excels and then eliminate some of that capability are worthy of ridicule.

For example:

1) Taking an F-350/Ram 3500/Silverado 3500HD with a 8000+ pound payload capacity and slapping some 26" Chinese wheels on it with low profile tires that can't support 1500 pounds each. You took the one thing that truck was good at and made it less than average at it.

2) Squatting is simply retarded. It tells the whole world exactly what type of person (feminine hygiene product) is driving that truck.

3) K-swapping a C5 Corvette because your friends think the Honda engine sounds cooler.

4) Giant fragile wheels and low profile tires on a Jeep.

Again, I'm not saying every mod has to improve capability. Adding leather seats is nice. Nothing wrong with that. Custom decals or graphics sure don't make a vehicle more capable, but those things don't hurt the capability of a vehicle either.

With all that said, Grumpers are stupid and ugly and should be all cast into the fiery pits of Hell.
Nailed it! Yep!

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I think he meant:

AWWWWWW!!!!! So CLOSE and yet no cigars!!! Dang man - just when I thought that I finally found someone as cool - you messed up on of the most important part. (Although I never thought that the multiple color hearts means lgbtquvwxyz - but I see your point. I was trying to express πŸ’— in different colors to give it some personality (can't believe that JjIrish did not get that- boo) Or that fireworks or sparklers could be interpreted as fairy want(sic).

Now had you guess the last part correctly - you would have be the coolest dude ever. Which part you say? This!!

β¬†β¬†β¬‡β¬‡β¬…βž‘β¬…βž‘πŸ…±πŸ…°

Had you be able to decipher that you would be one coolest person in the world (yes yes you don't care but you would have been) - well maybe not "cool" to the standard of Jeep forum here πŸ™„

Yep - that Konami Code would have push your coolness to the infinity and beyond. Cheers!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
AWWWWWW!!!!! So CLOSE and yet no cigars!!! Dang man - just when I thought that I finally found someone as cool - you messed up on of the most important part. (Although I never thought that the multiple color hearts means lgbtquvwxyz - but I see your point. I was trying to express πŸ’— in different colors to give it some personality (can't believe that JjIrish did not get that- boo) Or that fireworks or sparklers could be interpreted as fairy want(sic).

Now had you guess the last part correctly - you would have be the coolest dude ever. Which part you say? This!!

β¬†β¬†β¬‡β¬‡β¬…βž‘β¬…βž‘πŸ…°πŸ…±

Had you be able to decipher that you would be one coolest person in the world (yes yes you don't care but you would have been) - well maybe not "cool" to the standard of Jeep forum here πŸ™„

Yep - that Konami Code would have push your coolness to the infinity and beyond. Cheers!
I thought it was down down up up then the rest?

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I thought it was down down up up then the rest?
No J - it was up up down down - :like: and the last two keys are supposed to be BA. I threw a curveball and use AB to validate those who really know the code. Not that it matters - its Jeep forum anyway.

Easter eggs are fun! Jeeps have them all over too.
Sponsored