ELectronic StartmStop

MarkL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door rubicon Fire cracker Red Ford F-350 4x4
New to the Jeep,world , read posts for the last 9 months and finally picked up my new JL rubicon 4 door three weeks ago. I have read that many people don’t like the ESS and there is no way to permanently disable. I have noticed on mine that the sensor that detects brake pressure must not be adjusted correctly as I can come to a complete stop and it won’t engage. If I then push harder it will engage and turn off engine. I have also noticed that I have to give the pedal a pretty firm press to get cruise control to switch off.......personally I like the way it is adjusted and thought others may want to try this in order to avoid ESS... just a thought....
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
mine is the same way. i like that i can kick the motor back on and not have to roll forward.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
New to the Jeep,world , read posts for the last 9 months and finally picked up my new JL rubicon 4 door three weeks ago. I have read that many people don’t like the ESS and there is no way to permanently disable. I have noticed on mine that the sensor that detects brake pressure must not be adjusted correctly as I can come to a complete stop and it won’t engage. If I then push harder it will engage and turn off engine. I have also noticed that I have to give the pedal a pretty firm press to get cruise control to switch off.......personally I like the way it is adjusted and thought others may want to try this in order to avoid ESS... just a thought....
Hey Mark: just so you know there are numerous ways to disable ESS that involve the presence or absence of warning lights as a result and the presence of absence of money in your wallet.
Sponsored