Electrical & Brake Away Switch mounting

2020JLUSNE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara North Edition
I'm setting up my JL to be towed behind a motorhome. For the baseplate I opted for the Roadmaster Direct Connect so it has a cleaner look since it's my daily driver. However, as a result I don't have the cross bar which would typically be used to mount the electrical connector as well as the break away switch.
Has any else mounted these somewhere that's less conspicuous than simply on the underside of the bumper? The caveat is that the break away switch pretty much needs to be straight towards the front with no obstruction to work properly.
Any suggestions?

7E8D528C-BF37-455A-AA8D-4E39A0D74504.jpeg

AA381B01-DF60-4BA5-B4CB-41C59BBB3748.jpeg
Sponsored

Blueeyedme

First Name
DanO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I like how it’s setup in the etrailer install video. For myself, I’m deciding between the RM Direct Connect and the Demco Tabless. Both of those are well hidden.

OP
OP

2020JLUSNE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara North Edition
I like their setup as well. Problem is I have the plastic rock guard on my Sahara unlike the metal one on the etrailer Jeep (Rubicon?). So I don't have the front mounting screws.
I was able to mount the electrical connector on the underside of the bumper and the break away ended up on an unused bracket on the frame rail because it needed something more rigid to function properly. Problem is it's too far back behind the rock guard so not easy to connect the breakaway cable so it's just attached and dangling for now. I'd like to get a short bracket extension fabricated so I can bring the switch out a bit.
My baseplate is the RM 521453-5 so it doesn't have the cross bar. I thought this would be a cleaner look but then led to the other mounting issues here. Just something to think about that I apparently didn't do.
Sponsored