chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
bosch.jpg
I keep this little guy in my console with an extender and the jeep tools, and a few other bits

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This has definitely sped up my HT/doors on/off. I do need to start some offs be hand as it’s a little weak. It doesn’t fit well on bottom of door bolts but those are only a few turns by hand. My wife isn’t real happy that I stole the around the house drill I bought for her :)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-4...ss-1-4-in-Hex-Screwdriver-Kit-HP44L/205975772

BC027E05-8A05-4729-94F9-2021EAE7DCC2.jpeg

I did buy an extra t50 bit from Home Depot for $2 so I save a couple seconds not changing bits between Jeep ratchet and my mini drill. I use a 1/4 hex to 3/8 socket adaptor to use it. Extra height in back actually helps to move drill away from HT in back.

A1810E8C-33AE-4354-9229-6C201EE87649.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I got this Skil driver. The angle attachment is almost made for the door removal job.

5D98DBE5-E3DC-4C91-851C-07713015E8CE.jpeg
Those are out of stock and or discontinued every where I looked. Dam because they are just about perfect.

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
yep, that comes up with the milwaukee I already own and some of its competitors. Nothing smaller like I'm asking about. Want to try again?
I own the Milwaukee electric ratchet and it's the absolute best tool for removing/installing the hard top bolts (and all the door bolts). It's way faster than those small electric screwdrivers and it has enough torque to tighten all the bolts snug, so you don't have to go back and hand tighten all of them.

I'm curious why you don't like it. I can see the convenience of having a small electric drill/screwdriver in the car, but I only remove my hard top in my garage, so I don't need to have it in the Jeep at all times. Plus having to remember to charge it every so often is a chore. Just my 2 cents...

Scott_F

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon
Has anyone ever found a small, cheap, electric ratchet that can be used on all of the bolts for the hardtop, doors, and windshield?
I use one of these in my cordless drill for the door hinge bolts (when I use them). The drill fits directly on all the bolts for the top and door keepers. Word of advise - use a low torque setting on the drill - the extension will kink if you twist it too hard.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOTOOLHOME...n&qid=1563471545&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

Sponsored

Deleted member 35398

I own the Milwaukee electric ratchet and it's the absolute best tool for removing/installing the hard top bolts (and all the door bolts).
Truer words have never been spoken. Everyone should own one of these.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Truer words have never been spoken. Everyone should own one of these.
I have one, also. It's great to torque down or loosen, without pulling the trigger (use like regular ratchet). So you don't need to get out another tool, to do so.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I have a Milwaukee electric ratchet that I use to take my door hinge bolts off. I use my regular drill for the other bolt.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I take my hinge bolts off the first warm day in spring and put them back in around the time I put the HT back on. An electric ratchet is overkill for the 4 bolts for the little limiting things on the door IMO.

mrbtd

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
I prefer the Milwaukee myself but there js a $79 Husky option at Home depot that comes in a nice little case.
Sponsored