Sponsored

Electric Noise “Removal”

eLECTRICON

Remove passenger front inner fender. Locate speaker to left of shock. Pull grey locking tab out, squeeze and pull connector to remove cable. I removed mine all together and cut the bracket off to fit my shocks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Electric Noise “Removal” 20210512_103545

For the rear remove spare tire. Reach down inside the tire carrier and disconnect the cable same as above.
Jeep Wrangler JL Electric Noise “Removal” 20210713_220314

No warning lights or codes are triggered.
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
It's just me and I'm just browsing, but a pedestrian accident after removal of sound would cause guilt and lawsuits, rightly so.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
It's just me and I'm just browsing, but a pedestrian accident after removal of sound would cause guilt and lawsuits, rightly so.
This. I don’t actually think pedestrians will pay attention enough to hear the sound because they’re all in their phones these days, but if it’s NOT there and there’s a collision with a pedestrian that would otherwise be not the driver’s fault, I can just see the lawyers lining up and the insurance company abandoning you.

It is an annoying sound for sure, and I think it would be nice to be able to turn it off in off-road situations where pedestrians aren’t a thing, but the liability risk alone is enough for me to make sure it’s working when on the roads.

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
What if the F47 fuse somehow blew and you weren't aware of it? There's no dash indicator to tell you to look that I know of. Of course I'm not suggesting that anyone put 200A across the fuse contacts, but if that somehow happened...

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
A pedestrian could lay under your tires on purpose and you hit them, and if your sound maker is disabled courts are simply going to throw the book at you. I would expect even some jail time. I wouldn't risk it.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
A pedestrian could lay under your tires on purpose and you hit them, and if your sound maker is disabled courts are simply going to throw the book at you. I would expect even some jail time. I wouldn't risk it.
This isn't an airplane crash where the FAA is going to disassemble the plane and see what happened.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Ha! Wanna bet. I think this is the first thing they will look for in a pedestrian vs electric car collision. Its low hanging fruit for an open and shut case.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Ha! Wanna bet. I think this is the first thing they will look for in a pedestrian vs electric car collision. Its low hanging fruit for an open and shut case.
Sure, $100 says there's not a news article in the next 12 months about a Wrangler 4xe with disabled pedestrian alert resulting in criminal charges against the driver for disabling it.

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sure, $100 says there's not a news article in the next 12 months about a Wrangler 4xe with disabled pedestrian alert resulting in criminal charges against the driver for disabling it.
Shoot. I'll go 10 to 1, pay me $100 now and I'll pay $1000 if there is EVER an article about that!

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
If you hit a pedestrian, you hit a pedestrian. Whether or not your electric speaker was on is a bit of a moot point.

I’m leaving mine on, on the small chance it might actually do what it’s suppose to do - warn someone not paying attention that I’m moving nearby.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
If you hit a pedestrian, you hit a pedestrian. Whether or not your electric speaker was on is a bit of a moot point.

I’m leaving mine on, on the small chance it might actually do what it’s suppose to do - warn someone not paying attention that I’m moving nearby.
👆This! It’s not like it’s ok to run people over because the speakers hooked up.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Sponsored