Sponsored

Electric mode temporarily unavailable.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Is electric mode actually available when manually shifting? I think that forces the engine on by default regardless of what mode you're in and might be unrelated to the issue you're having.
That could very well be the case, it would be nice to be able to manually select the gear in electric mode.

Essentially though the end result is the same, just a different path to get there. There is code somewhere that tells the display to post that message, would be nice to know what the reasons are.
Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
That could very well be the case, it would be nice to be able to manually select the gear in electric mode.

Essentially though the end result is the same, just a different path to get there. There is code somewhere that tells the display to post that message, would be nice to know what the reasons are.
Yeah, I'm sure there's multiple reasons/cases for it, though in this one, I think moving to manual shifting in itself is one, but yes, knowing what they all are would be nice.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Mine is stock. When I ask for more acceleration in Electric mode than the battery can supply, it kicks on the ICE and switches to Hybrid mode. It does not return to Electric mode unless I hit the button again.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Mine is stock. When I ask for more acceleration in Electric mode than the battery can supply, it kicks on the ICE and switches to Hybrid mode. It does not return to Electric mode unless I hit the button again.
But does it say that it's temporarily unavailable, and when you ask for more acceleration is it to try and maintain speed?

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
It actually switches to Hybrid mode? Mine stays in whatever mode I have selected until I turn off the Jeep...

Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll verify these on my trip home from work today just in case I am misremembering.

But does it say that it's temporarily unavailable, and when you ask for more acceleration is it to try and maintain speed?
It actually switches to Hybrid mode? Mine stays in whatever mode I have selected until I turn off the Jeep...

Last edited:
OP
OP
installer88

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
I will clarify, before the power loss is felt, if I give it a lot of throttle, it will start the engine but stay in electric mode. It then shuts the engine off. When it is acting up, I get the error message.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll verify these on my trip home from work today just in case I am misremembering.
Guess I lied. Floored it in Electric mode. The ICE kicked in, but dropped out after and it stayed in Electric. I know I have seen the message, but probably when my battery percentage drops to <1%.

OP
OP
installer88

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
In case anyone is confusing this message with what I see most of the time. This is what you see when the battery gets too low and is normal. The other message I am getting has me worried.
Jeep Wrangler JL Electric mode temporarily unavailable. B12A58BF-F09F-4416-8150-266F578388C2

Sponsored

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I had this happen to me 3 times yesterday off roading. Pure stock rubicon. Had it in all electric mode and I got the electric mode temporarily unavailable. Had to shut the Jeep off to reset it. Also my check engine light has been on since. Not sure what was happening. Seems a bit sketch. Also noted, off roading in all electric was terrible. My wife actually said she didn’t know she needed a helmet. Lol. It was beyond jerky changing gears from 1-2-3. Anything under 6 miles and it was literally jerking back and forth. Will bring that up to the dealer as well.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I had this happen to me 3 times yesterday off roading. Pure stock rubicon. Had it in all electric mode and I got the electric mode temporarily unavailable. Had to shut the Jeep off to reset it. Also my check engine light has been on since. Not sure what was happening. Seems a bit sketch. Also noted, off roading in all electric was terrible. My wife actually said she didn’t know she needed a helmet. Lol. It was beyond jerky changing gears from 1-2-3. Anything under 6 miles and it was literally jerking back and forth. Will bring that up to the dealer as well.
At least with the check engine light there will be a code to track down and fix.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Maybe. It cleared today. Lol
But hopefully they can pull a history
You getting a warning light and @installer88 feeling a loss of power before his warning message seems to indicate you guys have an issue going on that should be looked into.

Hopefully someone can figure it out, or figure out a way to capture the necessary data to diagnose the issue.

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
You getting a warning light and @installer88 feeling a loss of power before his warning message seems to indicate you guys have an issue going on that should be looked into.

Hopefully someone can figure it out, or figure out a way to capture the necessary data to diagnose the issue.
Took it into the dealer and they found the stored code of “incorrect gear ratio” not sure what’s with that but will keep an eye on it next time I’m out on the trails.
Sponsored