Electric mileage range after add-on’s

Drk1

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I am curious what other 4xe owners are averaging for gas mileage, specifically those with a lift, aftermarket wheels/tires, racks, etc.

Prior to these additions, I was averaging 22-25 miles per charge(High Altitude). I have watched my mileage drop to 15-17 miles per charge after the changes listed above.

I have been using the driving coach for consistency, and 60% of my miles are highway. My commute is 34 miles RT.

I am well aware mileage was going to be compromised with these additions, but I am curious what others are experiencing on average.
🙏🏽
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Have you recalibrated your tire size?

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
The additional weight I doubt has much of an affect but the larger tires at highway speeds definitely does. A 10-15% increase in energy needed for the same work for your changes isn't out of the realm of expectations. As stated if you haven't already, calibrate your the new tire size and check mpgs again.

OP
OP
Drk1

Drk1

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
The additional weight I doubt has much of an affect but the larger tires at highway speeds definitely does. A 10-15% increase in energy needed for the same work for your changes isn't out of the realm of expectations. As stated if you haven't already, calibrate your the new tire size and check mpgs again.
Thanks for the responses, I will recalibrate. Is this something I can do on my own or dealership territory?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks for the responses, I will recalibrate. Is this something I can do on my own or dealership territory?
Couple options. Dealership, Tazer, Jscan. AEV Procal and Superchips may work as well, I can’t remember if there was an issue with 4xe on those.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Couple options. Dealership, Tazer, Jscan. AEV Procal and Superchips may work as well, I can’t remember if there was an issue with 4xe on those.
Early on, there was an issue with the Procal; definitely ask them about using one on the 4xe. Dealership or Tazer work for sure.
Sponsored