Sponsored

Electric assist, can we get some more RPMs!

BigGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
The electric assist sure is a kick in the pants, but it drops off too fast! Anyone else notice this? It seems to drop off just before the turbo gets going, if we could get even another 500rpm out of it that would really smooth out that take off.
If Jeep doesn't do it, I'm sure the aftermarket tuners will figure something out.
Eventually.
Sponsored

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
You must be in flagstaff. I have been at 8000-10000 feet for days now. I do have a little turbo lag. When running around 7000 feet is when you notice the gap between E-torque and boost. Under 5000 feet it is not really noticeable

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
I have always run 93 octane in my Jeep. How ever at the high altitudes I run mid grade or regular. Higher octane fuel slows the flame front across the piston face. High altitude with poor O2% also slows the flame front, that is why in Colorado the octane ratings are lower at the pumps. High altitude has much less potential of pre ignitions. Once I started to run lower octane I noticed I little less turbo lag.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I vote the hemi at 120 lb/ft torque
I hope it's possible, but I could see the battery being undersized or something else not being compatible. I think the 3.6 would have a better chance of working since the JL will come with the 3.6 BSG for 2020.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Wonder if its just heat related. Its been over 110 pretty much the whole time I've owned this Jeep.
The 3.6 has a 100+ hp bump with the motor, right? That would be fun to hold on to for 2k rpms. This thing already screams for such an awkward vehicle.

Side note, does anyone know the conditions when the electric assist runs? Only at 50%+ throttle for example. Or does it activate any time under 1500 RPM, because if it does, a lot of crawling would be done with the electric motor, right?
I'm not sure the exact conditions where eTorque is active, in regards to throttle/load. I do no that it is disabled completely in 4-low

Per this video:
2.0 = 70 ft. lbs.
3.6 = 90 ft. lbs.
5.7 = 130 ft. lbs.

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
I have been in and out of 4lo all over northern NM and Colorado the low range and low gears in the Rubi the engine is in the 2500 RPM range in no time. I don’t have a definitive answer, as to the BSG in 4lo. Most of the time I drive to the end of the paved road and make my wife drive all the Off Road stuff. I am really enjoying watching her grow in experience. She wanted a Jeep! If you want one, you better know what you can and can’t do with it. You can’t learn watching YouTube. (Maybe the basic concepts)

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
Wonder if its just heat related. Its been over 110 pretty much the whole time I've owned this Jeep.
The 3.6 has a 100+ hp bump with the motor, right? That would be fun to hold on to for 2k rpms. This thing already screams for such an awkward vehicle.

Side note, does anyone know the conditions when the electric assist runs? Only at 50%+ throttle for example. Or does it activate any time under 1500 RPM, because if it does, a lot of crawling would be done with the electric motor, right?

Based on the 1500 promo video is only on for the first 1/2 wheel turn
Sponsored