El Camino de Diabla trip in early March

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Going to be planning a trip over the Camino de Diabla in early March. Trip will be in the 4-5 day range. Day 1 will be driving to Ajo, Az. all attendees need to be permitted by watching a desert preservation video in Ajo that afternoon. (permit is free) Dry camp locally that night and then head out in the am of day 2. We will camp in the desert 3-4 nights before coming out in Yuma, Az.
Pretty basic terrain, no big nasty obstacles. Lots of amazing sights to take in as well as some cool historical stuff to exlpore. Everyone will need to be 100% self contained.
I put it out there now for a couple reasons, to avoid other activities you may plan and the fact the trip may be 4-5 days long.
There is no extreme 4 wheeling on this trip. There will be yet another trip up into the Western Sierra's later next year for our extreme 4 wheeling fix.
Private message me with any questions or interest.
Vic
Sponsored

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Going to be planning a trip over the Camino de Diabla in early March. Trip will be in the 4-5 day range. Day 1 will be driving to Ajo, Az. all attendees need to be permitted by watching a desert preservation video in Ajo that afternoon. (permit is free) Dry camp locally that night and then head out in the am of day 2. We will camp in the desert 3-4 nights before coming out in Yuma, Az.
Pretty basic terrain, no big nasty obstacles. Lots of amazing sights to take in as well as some cool historical stuff to exlpore. Everyone will need to be 100% self contained.
I put it out there now for a couple reasons, to avoid other activities you may plan and the fact the trip may be 4-5 days long.
There is no extreme 4 wheeling on this trip. There will be yet another trip up into the Western Sierra's later next year for our extreme 4 wheeling fix.
Private message me with any questions or interest.
Vic

Nice.. Count me in!!!

Wil

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Hmm, sounds cool. I'd have to run solo since it's such a long trip. Let's see if I can get permission from the wife boss. ;)

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The dates I will be going on this trip are set. April 16th-20th. All are welcome. Does not cost anything except your food, drink and gas. THERE IS A FREE PERMIT THAT EACH PERSON WITHIN VEHICLE MUST OBTAIN. I can give you details if you like. It takes a computer and 15 minutes.
This particular road goes thru a hotbed of illegal immigration activity. While the US Border Patrol is working hard to keep it safe, ( it has always been a safe trip), I have always carried my gun.
I will be heading out one way for approximately 165 miles on said dirt road from Yuma, Az. into Ajo, AZ then after resupply going back another route which will come out in Tacoma, Az. Approx 1/3 of trip will utilize same road going back.
If your interested please reach out for any details.
Hope to get a chance to meet a few of you out there.
Vic

Sponsored

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Vic, give me the details regarding getting the permit.. I've got a few peeps who might join in as well. i'll let you know if they're in 100%.

Wil

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Thanks for the offer Vic... We had another group doing the same planning on FB, they are going 2-2/2-4.. Wife I looked at it hard.. but she does not get that many days off work, so we are going to use her limited time the Sierras.. Just fyi its a 1200 mile route.. that's a lot of road time.. hopefully someday I can spare the time.. thanks again!

TC

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thanks for the offer Vic... We had another group doing the same planning on FB, they are going 2-2/2-4.. Wife I looked at it hard.. but she does not get that many days off work, so we are going to use her limited time the Sierras.. Just fyi its a 1200 mile route.. that's a lot of road time.. hopefully someday I can spare the time.. thanks again!

TC
It is a fun trip. Sorry you'll miss it brother

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Vic maybe you should also post this in the four corners forum, and Nevada forum for those guys to see. We'd probably get more interest that way.. Can't wait for this trip :)

btw I've recently gotten a fridge/freezer and a portable propane bbq.. that way you wont have to live off sandwiches for 4 days..

Wil

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vic maybe you should also post this in the four corners forum, and Nevada forum for those guys to see. We'd probably get more interest that way.. Can't wait for this trip :)

btw I've recently gotten a fridge/freezer and a portable propane bbq.. that way you wont have to live off sandwiches for 4 days..

Wil
Awesome! Which one did you end up going with.. .

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Regarding this trip. There is a growing chance this trip will be postponed. Being out on the road with home stuff going on coupled with 'stay safer at home', supplies and any other variables thrown at us in the next 3-1/2 weeks has me concerned. Do we all agree this would be best?

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I agree about canceling it.. I don't want to drive 8 hrs to a location during a lock down..
having said that, since I'm already off, I'm down to go somewhere closer like Moajve lol..

Regarding this trip. There is a growing chance this trip will be postponed. Being out on the road with home stuff going on coupled with 'stay safer at home', supplies and any other variables thrown at us in the next 3-1/2 weeks has me concerned. Do we all agree this would be best?
Sponsored