Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
I thought my 392 had a 1.5 inch lift already. So I'm not sure how a 2 inch lift gets me to 37s. I'd be willing to try it if it works well though! I'd also be pretty jealous if my brand new Jeep could have come from the factory that way....
Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I thought my 392 had a 1.5 inch lift already. So I'm not sure how a 2 inch lift gets me to 37s.
Seems like the 392s have a similar setup to the diesel and sit the 1-1.5" taller. Noticable when parked next to 2.0 or 3.6 Rubicons. 37s fit on my diesel without a lift, even doing moderate offroading. I do with the heavy front end had more up-travel though!

Also, loved the 10th anniversary Rubicon, especially in anvil with red interior. Happy to see similar carry over into this new iteration.

PLaz

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I really thought (hoped) they would have used the color "earl gray" for the 20A - much like the "anvil" (best color ever) for the 10A. Also would have loved to have seen this in a two-door.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I've had my 3.6 go into limp mode while not towing. That alone would be worth swapping to this grill for me (and.i think it looks great!)

Interested in the design of the belly pan. I wonder how different the design will be compared to what's out there now.

Sponsored

jlaliberty

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being Built - 2022 Rubicon XR
Also see the other 2022 EJS Jeep Concepts:

icon6.png
Jeep Wrangler Magneto 2.0 Concept
icon6.png
Jeep Birdcage Concept by JPP
icon6.png
Jeep ’41 Concept
icon6.png
Jeep D-Coder Concept by JPP
icon6.png
Jeep Bob Concept

Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept

2022 Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 1.jpg

Iconic off-roading destinations like the legendary Rubicon Trail in Northern California and the backcountry red-rock trails of Moab, Utah, are where boulder-conquering SUV legends are born. Twenty years ago, the Jeep brand introduced the most capable production vehicle of its time – the Wrangler Rubicon.

Built around a new 2003 model-year, two-door Wrangler, and adorned with the legendary Rubicon trail name, the Wrangler Rubicon took the industry by storm in the summer of 2002. The iconic Rubicon model, inspired by the enthusiasts who dreamt about it and often tried to wrench one of their own, was now available to order straight from the factory, not to mention with a warranty. It was equipped with options unheard of at the time and not available on any production Jeep SUV, including Dana 44 axles, front and rear lockers, disconnecting sway bar, rock rails, oversized 31-inch mud-terrain tires and wheel flares to truly take off-roading to the next level.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon continues to be a “proof of concept” for the Jeep brand, where lessons learned in off-road meccas like Moab and feedback gleaned from enthusiasts and Jeep brand loyalists continue to push the brand and the entire Jeep lineup forward.

The Rubicon 20th Anniversary concept, based on the quickest, most powerful Wrangler yet – the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 – continues the legacy established two decades ago by setting the benchmark for performance and capability with its 6.4-liter V-8 engine, customized exterior and stunning interior.

The modified four-door Wrangler Rubicon 392 features an active dual-mode performance exhaust that switches between wild and outrageous, a performance hood with center scoop, custom-built half doors and Sky One-touch powertop with removable side panels for open-air freedom.

The concept’s matte Granite Crystal exterior vinyl wrap is accentuated with gold tow hooks and badging, a Rubicon 20th anniversary hood decal, American flag fender decal and Mopar swing gate air compressor.

For additional capability, a JPP 2-inch lift kit, 17-inch Mopar beadlock-capable wheels with 37-inch mud-terrain tires, steel bumpers and hoop with Warn winch and steel belly pan were added to help navigate treacherous terrain and challenging off-road conditions.

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

2022 Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 2.jpg

2022 Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 1.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.22.59 AM.jpg
me likey

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
I hope it doesn't come with just the retractable top option 😕 Also I spoke with my dealer. Although they don't know much, they are opened up to allocations for them

Sponsored

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
That will replace the XR package for 2023. Similar to the JK 10A in 2013. XR will be a 2 year deal. And be called something else in 2024 with the “tornado” in it.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Do you think they made the rear glass easier to remove or just took it off to make the SOT more "open air".
I have a feeling they just unbolted it.

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Had a 10A as well. My favorite of all the Jeeps I've owned. Looks like I know what I'm ordering now.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I wonder if this is why they stopped making 392 XRs after like three months.

Make room for the 20AE 392 on 37s…
A little birdy with inside info told me that this edition will be the last hurrah for the 392 Wrangler
Sponsored