Jeep Birdcage Concept by JPP
icon6.png
Jeep ’41 Concept
icon6.png
Jeep D-Coder Concept by JPP
icon6.png
Jeep Bob Concept

Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 2022 Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 1

Iconic off-roading destinations like the legendary Rubicon Trail in Northern California and the backcountry red-rock trails of Moab, Utah, are where boulder-conquering SUV legends are born. Twenty years ago, the Jeep brand introduced the most capable production vehicle of its time – the Wrangler Rubicon.

Built around a new 2003 model-year, two-door Wrangler, and adorned with the legendary Rubicon trail name, the Wrangler Rubicon took the industry by storm in the summer of 2002. The iconic Rubicon model, inspired by the enthusiasts who dreamt about it and often tried to wrench one of their own, was now available to order straight from the factory, not to mention with a warranty. It was equipped with options unheard of at the time and not available on any production Jeep SUV, including Dana 44 axles, front and rear lockers, disconnecting sway bar, rock rails, oversized 31-inch mud-terrain tires and wheel flares to truly take off-roading to the next level.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon continues to be a “proof of concept” for the Jeep brand, where lessons learned in off-road meccas like Moab and feedback gleaned from enthusiasts and Jeep brand loyalists continue to push the brand and the entire Jeep lineup forward.

The Rubicon 20th Anniversary concept, based on the quickest, most powerful Wrangler yet – the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 – continues the legacy established two decades ago by setting the benchmark for performance and capability with its 6.4-liter V-8 engine, customized exterior and stunning interior.

The modified four-door Wrangler Rubicon 392 features an active dual-mode performance exhaust that switches between wild and outrageous, a performance hood with center scoop, custom-built half doors and Sky One-touch powertop with removable side panels for open-air freedom.

The concept’s matte Granite Crystal exterior vinyl wrap is accentuated with gold tow hooks and badging, a Rubicon 20th anniversary hood decal, American flag fender decal and Mopar swing gate air compressor.

For additional capability, a JPP 2-inch lift kit, 17-inch Mopar beadlock-capable wheels with 37-inch mud-terrain tires, steel bumpers and hoop with Warn winch and steel belly pan were added to help navigate treacherous terrain and challenging off-road conditions.

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 2022 Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 2

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 2022 Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept 1

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.22.59 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, something tells me this is headed for production.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Belly pan is pretty cool from the factory. I wonder if the production run will have the actual Mopar lift, like this concept, or just some taller springs, longer shocks similar to the Xtreme Recon. Hope that the 37s stick around for the actual production version too.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say that I'm not a fan. I like the wide hex mesh in the slots, but I don't like the funky inset piece. And it seems shorter?
Definitely seems shorter but curious if it allows more room for cramming a winch in there.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Hmmm, something tells me this is headed for production.
Pretty much everything on this is already available from Factory except for winch, grill and belly pans. Would probably be very easy for Jeep to introduce these so yeah... this is probably a sneak peek of actual special production model if not more widely available production options.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Not liking the ribbed inserts under the headlights or the faux slots. If you look closely the slots are just a design element in a much more open grille area. In my opinion this is beginning to deviate too far away from the classic grille that a Wrangler ought to have. It's fine for an option, but I would not want that to be the new standard grille.
Sponsored