icon6.png
Jeep Birdcage Concept by JPP
icon6.png
Jeep ’41 Concept
icon6.png
Jeep D-Coder Concept by JPP

Jeep Bob Concept

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Bob Concept 2022 Jeep Bob Concept 1

Designed to blur the lines between two mighty off-roaders, the Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator, the Jeep Bob concept is a playful spin on the popular trend of “bobbing” the long overhangs of pickup truck beds to make it the ultimate terrain tackler.

Based on a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, the most noticeable traits of this truck are not what’s on it, but rather what’s missing. All four doors and B-pillars have been removed for the ultimate open-air freedom. Additionally, a customized hardtop has been perforated and a canvas top has been stretched over top to provide shelter from the elements while allowing natural light through.

The Gladiator bed has been “bobbed” a full foot of length. Custom steel front and rear bumpers improve the vehicle’s approach and departure angles, and are built to withstand all the rigors of off-road use, while maintaining a stylish and sophisticated appearance. Inspired by the off-road performance world, high clearance flares make room for the larger rolling stock.

Off-road capability is further amplified by a 3-inch lift with custom off-road suspension components, Dynatrac Pro-Rock 60 axles supported by a mix of King Coils and Bypass shocks, plus massive 40-inch tires are mounted to 20-inch beadlock wheels that, all combined, provide ultimate four-wheeling confidence.

The multi-finish exterior paint scheme mixes gloss and matte finishes for added flair and texture. Inside, bright bed-lined floors plus custom trimmed seats create a fun and sporty environment. A vented carbon hood adds a notable performance appearance and ensures better airflow to the engine.

The Bob concept is powered by the award-winning, turbocharged 3.0-liter Eco-Diesel V-6 engine. To handle greater torque loads, the EcoDiesel V-6 connects to a TorqueFlite 8HP75 eight-speed automatic transmission, calibrated for low RPM shifts and to easily maneuver rigorous ground. It’s also equipped with a Mopar cold-air intake to further boost torque and improve fuel economy.

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Bob Concept 2022 Jeep Bob Concept 2

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Bob Concept 2022 Jeep Bob Concept 1

Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Bob Concept Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.28.27 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Those holes in the fender flares are in the perfect spot to throw mud, dirt and rocks in the driver’s and passengers faces.

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This is kind of cool. But it reminds me of the H2 SUT, and that's not cool. Or the explorer sport Trac, very not cool. And again with the horrible flares that are a design statement that completely fails because it fails at being a flare. Flares have to deflect debris from the body and especially the windows.

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
A little bit of a missed opportunity. Would have liked to see a shortened rear compartment (quad cab or single cab) and a longer bed. A true tradesman variant of the Gladiator.

The mankini top is just ridiculous. Really silly tying it down to the back like that.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
A little bit of a missed opportunity. Would have liked to see a shortened rear compartment (quad cab or single cab) and a longer bed. A true tradesman variant of the Gladiator.

The mankini top is just ridiculous. Really silly tying it down to the back like that.
Exactly, like this.
Jeep Wrangler JL EJS 2022: Jeep Bob Concept Jeep Gladiator XC6

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.

Yup. The bobbed bed is interesting, but still horrible break over angle that the only way to make up for is 40's apparently.
yet another fail in the Jeep pickup world (in my opinion only of course)

The J6 was the closest, but even that had a terrible departure angle.

I have said it about a hundred times now (not that anyone cares or even should haha) but....all they have to do is take an Unlmited Rubicon Extreme Recon. Lose the rear seat/doors, turn it into a 4-5' bed area, and call it done.

It would make a great offroader, and a decent little truck for those who don't need more that than two seats and only a small bed (just fine for dirty/wierd shaped things - think the size bed of the Ford Maverick or the Hyundai Santa Cruz. anything bigger than that can just be on a small utility trailer)
They should also leave the Gladiator as is for those who need the four seats/doors and the slightly larger bed.

It wouldn't sell a ton, but neither will all the 392's etc. (yeah I know, they can't because of Cafe standards, blah, blah. with all the electric stuff coming, who knows, maybe they can sneak it in somewhere) I for one will continue to hope for it.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
That top makes me wish I went for a Gladiator.

EDIT:
I just notice it was shorter, with smaller “backdoors”. I like it.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I just notice it was shorter, with smaller “backdoors”. I like it.
I've been wondering about the rear seat/doors area since these popped up yesterday. The scale just seems off. But I haven't seen any mention of shortening the cab. I'm guessing the position of the round B-pillar is further back than the normal B-pillar to give that impression.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I could never wrap my head around Jeep not redesigning the front of the Gladiator so it did not look exactly like the Wrangler. It was disappointing then and still is now that it seems they're sticking with that design in new concepts.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I could never wrap my head around Jeep not redesigning the front of the Gladiator so it did not look exactly like the Wrangler. It was disappointing then and still is now that it seems they're sticking with that design in new concepts.
Hmm, that's never bothered me. I guess I like the fact that's it still in the Wrangler family this way. Like a Landcruiser 70, 2 door, 4 door, flatbed version, but still a 70.
The JT does get a different grill, so there is that.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Out of all the 22 EJS “Concepts” this is by far the best one. A bit more outside the box than the others, which are quite “meh” in comparion.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I want to know more about that hood, is it functional and does it play nice with water and internals. Also, where did they move the washer fluid reservoir?
Sponsored