EGR Monitor incomplete

RubyEng

First Name
Di
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Not sure about warranty for the PCM. 3/36, 5/60 or even the 8/80 emissions warranty. I’ve read different opinions. My o2 and egr won’t go to ready status. Ever since I changed my batteries. Software flash/ recall update next week at dealer.

What kind of irritates me is the dealer was immediately saying I’ll be charged for any kind of software TSB, diagnostic work etc. until they saw my software recall. Jeeps hardly 4 years old and not even required to smog yet but they wanted to charge me to see what’s wrong? Man. Pisses me off.

My 2004 Mazda 3 with 180k miles passed smog with flying colors.
Dealer said PCM is under manufacturer warranty under emissions. Best be the case when I pick it up end of the week hopefully and no other issues. Need to get it registered this month. Man, good thing I started early "to get the inspection out the way" as this is starting to take all month! Glad I didn't wait until the last week of the month as usual!
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Dealer said PCM is under manufacturer warranty under emissions. Best be the case when I pick it up end of the week hopefully and no other issues. Need to get it registered this month. Man, good thing I started early "to get the inspection out the way" as this is starting to take all month! Glad I didn't wait until the last week of the month as usual!
Well I imagine they will give me my update and tell me to drive it for awhile like they did for you. Hoping it’ll clear and the systems become “ready”.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I brought my 2009 Ram 1500 in for inspections last month and failed 3 times that's after I drove it a 1,000 miles and 3 tanks of gas, and my egr and catalytic converter have not reset. Originally I have been disconnecting the battery since I don't drive it that often but I figured after the 1,000 miles and 3 tanks it would have reset!!

RubyEng

First Name
Di
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my 2018 Rubicon back yesterday and the PCM was replaced and reflashed. I had the dealer run the inspection while the vehicle was there. Initially both EVAP and EVG were still saying Not Ready. Finally got the EVAP to go READY and pass the inspection. In Texas you need one of the 2 to pass. No charge (just the $25 inspection fee). Under manufacturer's warranty for emissions. Thank goodness. My vehicle was there for a bit over a week.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Got my 2018 Rubicon back yesterday and the PCM was replaced and reflashed. I had the dealer run the inspection while the vehicle was there. Initially both EVAP and EVG were still saying Not Ready. Finally got the EVAP to go READY and pass the inspection. In Texas you need one of the 2 to pass. No charge (just the $25 inspection fee). Under manufacturer's warranty for emissions. Thank goodness. My vehicle was there for a bit over a week.
Can you post a pic of the service report/ paper they gave you? Just so I have something to show them if they try to hassle me. Thanks!

Sponsored

RubyEng

First Name
Di
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post a pic of the service report/ paper they gave you? Just so I have something to show them if they try to hassle me. Thanks!
Sure! Also, went onto Official Mopar Site www.mopar.com for my year (2018) and it has the Warranty Booklet that should be downloaded and presented to any dealership. Below is the section that shows that it is under Emissions Warranties Covered by Law "8 Years or 80,000 miles" BOOM - PCM right there! Looks like you're in CALI so there may be special warranties for California emissions Hope this helps!

. Parts Covered for 8 years or 80,000 miles If your vehicle has one of the following parts, this Federal Emission Warranty covers that part for a period of 8 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start of the Basic Limited Warranty as set forth in Section 2.1 E. The covered parts are: • Belt Driven Hybrid Starter Generator • Catalytic Converter • Powertrain Control Module • Power Pack Unit - 48 Volts 5.2 Emission Performance Warranty This warranty supplements the federal warranty under 5.1. It lasts for two years or 24,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first. If your vehicle has one of the following parts, catalytic converter and powertrain control module, this Federal Emission Warranty covers that part for a period of eight years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first. These limits are counted from the time when your Basic Limited Warranty begins under 2.1 E. The Emission Performance Warranty covers the cost of repairing or adjusting any components or parts that might be needed for your vehicle to pass Federal Emission Standards for a federally approved state or local emissions test, but only if: • Your vehicle has failed a federally approved state or local emissions test; • Your vehicle has been maintained and operated properly up until it fails such a test; and • You face a real penalty — for example, a fine or the loss of the use of your vehicle — because the vehicle has failed the test. Section 6.4 explains how to get service under this warranty.

Attachments

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Sure! Also, went onto Official Mopar Site www.mopar.com for my year (2018) and it has the Warranty Booklet that should be downloaded and presented to any dealership. Below is the section that shows that it is under Emissions Warranties Covered by Law "8 Years or 80,000 miles" BOOM - PCM right there! Looks like you're in CALI so there may be special warranties for California emissions Hope this helps!

. Parts Covered for 8 years or 80,000 miles If your vehicle has one of the following parts, this Federal Emission Warranty covers that part for a period of 8 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start of the Basic Limited Warranty as set forth in Section 2.1 E. The covered parts are: • Belt Driven Hybrid Starter Generator • Catalytic Converter • Powertrain Control Module • Power Pack Unit - 48 Volts 5.2 Emission Performance Warranty This warranty supplements the federal warranty under 5.1. It lasts for two years or 24,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first. If your vehicle has one of the following parts, catalytic converter and powertrain control module, this Federal Emission Warranty covers that part for a period of eight years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first. These limits are counted from the time when your Basic Limited Warranty begins under 2.1 E. The Emission Performance Warranty covers the cost of repairing or adjusting any components or parts that might be needed for your vehicle to pass Federal Emission Standards for a federally approved state or local emissions test, but only if: • Your vehicle has failed a federally approved state or local emissions test; • Your vehicle has been maintained and operated properly up until it fails such a test; and • You face a real penalty — for example, a fine or the loss of the use of your vehicle — because the vehicle has failed the test. Section 6.4 explains how to get service under this warranty.
Thanks!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
dont have to do this dance, my dealer is state inspection site, no check engine light, slap a sticker on and see you next year and best part, as a spiff for buying it there, save the 18$ fee. Just need good tires, horn, brakes, lights and suspension :)

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Well egr has checked to ready so that is a good sign. Now just need to get o2 done. Maybe a longer drive.

Update..nothing. O2 won’t ready.

Last edited:

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Anyone of you guys who were having trouble with the sensor have larger than stock tires? Dealer saying I should try the cycle with some smaller tires back on.
Sponsored