Sponsored

Edit- The joy of online car shopping

Newwilly420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Just started shopping for prices quotes and running into red flags already. Called a PA Jeep dealer and first they told be they couldn’t go to 1% below Invoice and when I questioned that came down the full 1%. Then they told me my Control number is only valid for 30 days so I need to move quick. When I called them out on that I got “well that’s what the finance manger just told me”. Ugh

Thanks to all you great folks I sent a new request to Koons and Criswell so hopefully I can get a better deal. I’m in southeastern PA so may have to drive to VA or MD but not complaining on that. Been 16 years since I sold my 95 YJ. Still miss that thing.
Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Just started shopping for prices quotes and running into red flags already. Called a PA Jeep dealer and first they told be they couldn’t go to 1% below Invoice and when I questioned that came down the full 1%. Then they told me my Control number is only valid for 30 days so I need to move quick. When I called them out on that I got “well that’s what the finance manger just told me”. Ugh

Thanks to all you great folks I sent a new request to Koons and Criswell so hopefully I can get a better deal. I’m in southeastern PA so may have to drive to VA or MD but not complaining on that. Been 16 years since I sold my 95 YJ. Still miss that thing.
Please DO NOT let the dealer pressure you into a decision! It is your money and if you don't get the deal you want, walk away. You hold the power and you need to exercise it...

Trailrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JL Willys 2.0T
Criswell adds a mark up, at least they were a week ago. 3K mark up from sticker on a Willys

OP
OP

Newwilly420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Thanks for the heads up! So the table on dealers offering invoice needs an update?

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I'll put in my vote for Koons in VA (I'm in NC, so it's a road trip for me when I goto pickup). So far the experience has been good. They've answered all my questions and are offering below invoice pricing along with accepting the Tread Lightly discount.

Process was quite easy, was asked to build my jeep, save the build as a PDF and send it in. Craig from Koons emailed me back the POC and a few other documents to sign and send back to him.

Sponsored

mike_g

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7
So the table on dealers offering invoice needs an update?
They may want you to place an order to get those discounts. If they sell off the lot, they may be less likely to discount as their stock is limited and they won't be able to sell it to the next guy that comes in. Sold orders do not count against their allocation and obviously are not taking anything off the lot.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart

You're in SE PA, and there is a forum recommended dealer in Horsham, PA. Chapman I believe. You might start there before going out of state.

OP
OP

Newwilly420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Seems the table lists Chapman as not honoring price protection? I’ll have to read up on it and check it out. Gonna be hard to beat Koons

izolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLR 3.6L V6 6sp
Check out Bergey's in Souderton PA (Montgomery county). Great dealer, very experienced in factory orders and no pressure at all. I'm still deciding about my factory order, but when I do I'll go through them.

Frozen Beanz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2-door Willys 3.6 mt, ’19 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Criswell adds a mark up, at least they were a week ago. 3K mark up from sticker on a Willys
I have a deal - in writing - with Criswell from 3/22/22 (2-door Willys). No markup, no dealer-add-ons, price protection guaranteed, terms (invoice - 1% affiliate, - 2% forum discount, -3% financing incentive). The only variable that can change (everything is clear and written) is if I elect to secure financing elsewhere. $1000 refundable deposit.

I’d recommend checking with Leon Travis @ Criswell for the latest details @ [email protected]

~ Rick

Sponsored

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon Xtreme
I got my wrangler in February from Craig at Koons. 6% under invoice for order. Best dealership experience I’ve ever had.

luckysharm

First Name
SHAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sport Altitude-Hella, 22 Sport Altitude-Gobi
Has anyone had any recent experience with Chriswell in Thurmont, MD?
Hi, I ordered with Patrick from Criswell on 4/28/22. No mark ups or dealer add ons. I am not financing so I got 1% affiliate (tread lightly) and 2% forum discount
Sponsored