Sponsored

ECRI Wireless Vehicle Calibration - $129.85

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I love this thing. From setting up led turn signals to changing tire size which adjust your mpg and speed. It’s like driving a stock vehicle. I just leave mine plugged in just in case. Plus the connector is kind of a pita to get in and out.
@Sargeoverland

With the JL/JT, you are aok leaving the ECRI Security Gateway Bypass Module plugged in all the time but you should not leave then ECRI Vehicle Calibration Device, itself plugged into the OBDll port all the time...

If you leave that ECRI Vehicle Calibration Device plugged in all the time and there is a good risk that the unit plugged into the OBDll port will awaken UConnect, willy nilly and kill your battery(s). So, use the ECRI Vehicle Calibration Device and then unplug it....

Yes, you can leave the ECRI Security Gateway Bypass Module plugged in all the time... BUT, you must remove it before a dealer visit.... the dealership WiTechll cannot work with the vehicle if the 2 cables are not connected back to the security gateway.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ECRI Wireless Vehicle Calibration combo unit, sells for between $84.90 and $129.85 and then along with that you need to pay $50 for the Vin# registration fee so you can use it. Total is $18+-.

For less $ then that, you can buy a $24.99, stand alone, ECRI SGW Bypass Module, pay JSCAN the $23 Vin# registration fee and then buy a OBDll Bluetooth Scanner for $40+ and get the free JSCAN app. Total is say $90 total.

JSCAN is really a decent app offering and lots of guys/gals are using it.... so, you can get hand holding should you need it by fellow user's... Along with that JSCAN does more....

Should also mention in the end you end up with a very good OBDll Bluetooth Scanner and not that ECRI Wireless Vehicle Calibration tool, which is kinda laughable.

I only post this info so guys know all this before they purchase this kinda stuff...

p.s. When you buy the OBDll Bluetooth Scanner, do consider buying the tad pricier, OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows at $119 verus say a $40 scanner. You will get far more bang for your $ going with the superior OBDll Bluetooth Scanner... along with it's resale $ amount being far better..

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been looking for this since I got mine and I could not remember where it was from.
@Sargeoverland

You can also order directly from the manufacturer for a bit less $ but you will wait about 3 weeks for it to be delivered in the USA. I got mine from China... paid about $14 for it.

Trivia:

Off topic, but I would like to once again.... THANK, @SwissSteph very much, for doing all the lets call it footwork / finding the SGW Extension Cable that most all Tazer JL owner's and other programmer user's are absolutely thrilled with.

YOU, Swisssteph, and only you, went on a search for such a cable and found an automotive assembler/supplier for same in China. That was not an easy task at all.

Joe, at ZAutomotive after being told... (by me), of your find --->you posted on this forum, you had found a company in China to make up the cable) started immediately buying hundreds of the SGW Extension Cables from the China company and selling the cable on the ZAutomotive website.

Not many programmerL owner's know this tidbit I mention.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I can vouch for the concept of using GPS to determine tire size. Back in the CAN bus hacking thread, I hit upon the vehicle's own GPS-adjusted speedometer, and it's raw per-tire internal speedometer (which is not shown).

I saw a mismatch on my own vehicle, and I gradually increased my (virtual) tire size until the two values completely matched. Now I've got a custom setting for the exact size of my tire with wear compensation included.

The method works! But my speedometer was already GPS-adjusted (from the factory), so this corrects odometer, tripometer, and shift points more than anything.

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
The ECRI Wireless Vehicle Calibration combo unit, sells for between $84.90 and $129.85 and then along with that you need to pay $50 for the Vin# registration fee so you can use it. Total is $18+-.

For less $ then that, you can buy a $24.99, stand alone, ECRI SGW Bypass Module, pay JSCAN the $23 Vin# registration fee and then buy a OBDll Bluetooth Scanner for $40+ and get the free JSCAN app. Total is say $90 total.

JSCAN is really a decent app offering and lots of guys/gals are using it.... so, you can get hand holding should you need it by fellow user's... Along with that JSCAN does more....

Should also mention in the end you end up with a very good OBDll Bluetooth Scanner and not that ECRI Wireless Vehicle Calibration tool, which is kinda laughable.

I only post this info so guys know all this before they purchase this kinda stuff...

p.s. When you buy the OBDll Bluetooth Scanner, do consider buying the tad pricier, OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows at $119 verus say a $40 scanner. You will get far more bang for your $ going with the superior OBDll Bluetooth Scanner... along with it's resale $ amount being far better..

Great suggestion on JScan with 3rd party OBD module. I got the OBD Link MX+. Worked perfectly. Very nice user interface and good in-app instructions for user.

ibgpin

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU. 2.5" Rough Country coil lift
In stead of buying this offfering buy the ECRI Security Bypass Module for $24.99, an inexpensive OBDll Bluetooth Scanner and pay JSCAN, $25+- to register your JL's, VIN#.

You will be far better off with JSCAN.
Thanks for your feedback. I looked into this combination but I am having trouble finding a decent OBDll reader that works with jscan and the 4xe. Some work with one but not the other. Do you have experience with one that actually works with the jscan and the 4xe?

ibgpin

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU. 2.5" Rough Country coil lift
@Sargeoverland

You can also order directly from the manufacturer for a bit less $ but you will wait about 3 weeks for it to be delivered in the USA. I got mine from China... paid about $14 for it.

Trivia:

Off topic, but I would like to once again.... THANK, @SwissSteph very much, for doing all the lets call it footwork / finding the SGW Extension Cable that most all Tazer JL owner's and other programmer user's are absolutely thrilled with.

YOU, Swisssteph, and only you, went on a search for such a cable and found an automotive assembler/supplier for same in China. That was not an easy task at all.

Joe, at ZAutomotive after being told... (by me), of your find --->you posted on this forum, you had found a company in China to make up the cable) started immediately buying hundreds of the SGW Extension Cables from the China company and selling the cable on the ZAutomotive website.

Not many programmerL owner's know this tidbit I mention.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

Where did you order your extension cable from. My Jeep won't be here until May so waiting 3 weeks is not a problem.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you order your extension cable from. My Jeep won't be here until May so waiting 3 weeks is not a problem.

@ibgpin

I bought my SGW Extension Cable, directly from HUIZHOU KAIGE AUTO PARTS CO., LTD. , in 2020. A real pain in the ass to order...

Took me a bit over 2 weeks after ordering for it to get from China to my USA, address.. I paid $23.79 for the cable.

ZAutomotive sells this same cable from this Chinese company, for $29.00. That's a deal as far as I'm concerned as ZAutomotiver gets the cable to you, usually within 3 days after ordering with no hassles..

Sponsored

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 4 Door, HellaYella
Thanks for your feedback. I looked into this combination but I am having trouble finding a decent OBDll reader that works with jscan and the 4xe. Some work with one but not the other. Do you have experience with one that actually works with the jscan and the 4xe?
My buddy just got this and he said works great with JScan, I however have not tested yet as I am still having a dang tough time finding the security module on my 19 JL. So if someone has a better video after taking the steering wheel cover off, that would be awesome.

IMG_4204.jpeg

IMG_4205.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@slainte06

Do your homework so to speak before you buy a scan tool to use with JSCAN. Works with JSCAN and the best to use with JSCAN are 2 different animals. https://jscan.net/supported-and-not-supported-obd-adapters/ You want one that is labeled "Highly Rated" for a JL, not a JK.

Here are a couple of pics that should help you to zero in on the SGW.
Jeep Wrangler JL ECRI Wireless Vehicle Calibration - $129.85 gateway.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL ECRI Wireless Vehicle Calibration - $129.85 gateway001

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I purchased the Ecri unit and it works perfect for what I need. Very easy to use.
However I highly advise anyone buying any brand of programmer you purchase the extension cable. Getting at the factory connectors is a real pain in the ass. I watched many videos and thought it would not be that bad, trust me it’s horrible. So I purchased the extension cable sold by tazer from Northridge 4x4.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased the Ecri unit and it works perfect for what I need. Very easy to use.
However I highly advise anyone buying any brand of programmer you purchase the extension cable. Getting at the factory connectors is a real pain in the ass. I watched many videos and thought it would not be that bad, trust me it’s horrible. So I purchased the extension cable sold by tazer from Northridge 4x4.
Indeed, that SGW Extension Cable is a blessing of sorts... some may not like to spend the $ for the goodie but someday ....the cable can be easily resold for close to what you purchased it for....so you recoop most of your $.

Related Trivia:

ZAutomotive sources that SGW Extension Cable from China....

Longtime user's of the Tazer JL are aware that this cable comes from China.... and thus the "Made In China" label on the bag that the/your SGW Extension Cable was packaged in as yes, the cable is Made in China.

Joe Z. was unable / is unable to source this particular cable from a USA supplier.

Search past posts and you will see posts regarding this cable..

@SwissSteph a forum member from Switzerland got the Chinese company to make the cable.. I told Joe about Steph and him getting the company in China to make the cable and Joe, immediately contacted the Chinese company and immediately started ordering the cable in bulk, from that Chinese company..

Thanks again, @SwissSteph ! Thanks, Joe!

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Just purchased for my 2022 JLURD
Will be upgrading to 35's next week
Will write my feedback then
Sponsored