First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I've just realized that I have NEVER seen another diesel except on the dealer's lots. Much of that is attributable to the very subtle badging, but I thought that I'd spy one by now. As far as I know, that badge is the only tell.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I've just realized that I have NEVER seen another diesel except on the dealer's lots. Much of that is attributed to the very subtle badging, but I thought that I'd spy one by now. As far as I know that badge is the only tell.
I do the same thing as far as looking for diesel JLs. I have never seen one on the trails when I had my 3.6. I am hoping my Eco-Diesel order wont end up getting pushed to a 2022. I had a few dealers now tell me that 2021 order banks are closing early this year, and there is a good chance a new order may get pushed. I did not want to wait for a 2022 since those wont hit lots until late August / September and I hope to get some trail time in before then.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I met up with another member from here that had a 3.0L, but that doesn't hardly count. However a few weeks ago I did spot one ahead of me in traffic. Went and caught up with him and followed him to what I assume was his in-laws.

Same as me he was driving his wife's Jeep :like: Nice folks. Chit chatted for a minute and I was glad that....seemingly, I didn't come off as a stalker. When I drove off his wife was getting a good eyeful of my wife's Jeep. I don't know what their plans for the Jeep were, but the look she had on her face told me that parts were going to get ordered for that stock JLUD VERY VERY SOON ;)

IIRC it was a Black 2021 Sahara with a hardtop....very sharp looking!

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
I've only seen one while I was on foot, I actually heard it driving by before I saw the badging.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Move to AK and I’ll introduce you to just about everyone up here running a 3.0! :CWL: That may have been true last year, but people have started to realize the 3.0 suits this place to a T.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Funny enough I have seen 3, but it was all before we got ours. I've seen more 4xe's in my diesel than other diesels.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Funny enough I have seen 3, but it was all before we got ours. I've seen more 4xe's in my diesel than other diesels.
You seen more for 4xes on the trails or on public streets? Wheel a lot around here in SoCal haven't seen either one on the trails. Only 3.6 & 2.0 JLs

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
I've seen quite a few around Central Michigan. There's a Sarge Green Willy's identical to mine around town somewhere, and I saw an orange Rubicon diesel a couple days ago.

Also, a buddy of mine went on a road trip to Colorado this spring and said most of the JLs that caught his eye were diesels. I'm sure the total take rate is quite low, but they seem to be in the 5-10% range.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I've just realized that I have NEVER seen another diesel except on the dealer's lots. Much of that is attributable to the very subtle badging, but I thought that I'd spy one by now. As far as I know, that badge is the only tell.
DEF tank hanging down in the back is a dead giveaway between EcoD and a gasser.

Mine is debadged and I’ve had people ask me how I like the diesel without them hearing it running.
Jeep Wrangler JL EcoDiesels in the wild? A4EC9EE7-724D-4F39-BA3B-D99DB63B2DD2

Sponsored

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You seen more for 4xes on the trails or on public streets? Wheel a lot around here in SoCal haven't seen either one on the trails. Only 3.6 & 2.0 JLs
Oh definitely on streets. On trails, I am sure it has mostly been 3.6 and 2.0 but that can be said for everywhere because those simply make up the majority of units sold.

Also with our trails out here in GA, if you aren't directly in front or behind me I cant see you. 🤣

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Oh definitely on streets. On trails, I am sure it has mostly been 3.6 and 2.0 but that can be said for everywhere because those simply make up the majority of units sold.

Also with our trails out here in GA, if you aren't directly in front or behind me I cant see you. 🤣
The consumer that buys the 4xe will have me perplexed when I see him on a serious off-road Trail.
I just don't see a true avid off-roader wanting to Lug around 500 lbs of dead battery unless he planned his trip very diligently and strategically so he could run Electric while off road. But it is a cool concept for the city streets or Long Highway Journeys. It is the only hybrid I know that you could take all four doors off and take the top off. In the event of a flash flood down the city streets which I've seen...you could Forge 36 inches. You could give the Tesla guy a lift to the other side when he stuck dead in his tracks.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The consumer that buys the 4xe will have me perplexed when I see him on a serious off-road Trail.
I just don't see a true avid off-roader wanting to Lug around 500 lbs of dead battery unless he planned his trip very diligently and strategically so he could run Electric while off road. But it is a cool concept for the city streets or Long Highway Journeys. It is the only hybrid I know that you could take all four doors off and take the top off. In the event of a flash flood down the city streets which I've seen...you could Forge 36 inches. You could give the Tesla guy a lift to the other side when he stuck dead in his tracks.
I'm with you. Although I could see it being pretty cool up in say the mountains around Ouray/Silverton/Telluride. Easy trails so just cruising around in relative silence up there could be quite nice. However we all know climbing mountains in 4 low that battery life would be at least quartered.

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
We have badging on the Diesel? Mine doesn't. I've had it for a week, so it's possible I missed it, but I hop not since I washed it pretty thoroughly last weekend.
Sponsored