First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
I did the swap this past weekend- shocks/springs from a 20 Rubicon ecodiesel on my 19 Sahara. I already had Rubicon wheels and front steel bumper. Swap took longer than expected, mainly from inexperience working on anything suspension-related, and trying to get those damn longer LCAs from the Mopar lift kit.

Still waiting for everything to settle, but as of now the driver's side is about 1/2" lower than the passenger side. Roughly 38.25" on both passenger front and back, and 37.75" on the driver's side. At first it was just the front driver side being 1/2" lower, now both are the same. I did add Teraflex 1/2" leveling spacers on the rear springs. Only other thing is I have the Pioneer Platform roof rack with an ARB awning on the driver side, but that only weighs 26 lbs or so. Any ideas on why the driver side would be 1/2" lower?

Besides the odd lean, the suspension feels much better than before. Maybe my stock Sahara suspension was wearing down faster with the extra weight, but now it seems to soak up extra bumps, especially hitting things at an angle and rocking a bit. Thanks to everyone on these threads and the other related ones for all of the information and guides with this swap!
Sponsored

Minilla

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
Oh man...I have a stock 2dr sport, no tow package, soft top.

I have began doing random camping trips. Day trips to the outer banks. Gone to the mountains in Virginia a few times finding little trails. I tow more often than I thought i would, had to buy and aftermarket tow assembly and hitch for my 8 foot bed trailer I use.

I don't have a ton of gear yet, but as I go out exploring or looking up more and more gear setups other jeepers have I see a bit more what I'm gonna want with me. For example I know I'm going to buy a cage style roof rack, more lights, steel bumpers all around, winch, tire carrier with racks on the carrier, potentially a roof top tent for my prissy wife...list goes on

As it stands when both kids are in my stock jeep with my wife I can feel a very noticeable difference in the weight. The jeep sags bad when there's anything other than me.

Anyway I think this may be my answer. I don't want to go any bigger than 33s. But I want to be able to load my jeep to the brim and tow my kayaks and canoe with it without losing anything in off road.

Only questions I have is will the front suspension be too much while my two door is loaded down? Will I still get a hefty sag in the rear even with the jeep lifted 2 inches? Should I go with the part numbers for the rubi diesel for the rear suspension and rubi gasser for the front?

Thanks!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Oh man...I have a stock 2dr sport, no tow package, soft top.

I have began doing random camping trips. Day trips to the outer banks. Gone to the mountains in Virginia a few times finding little trails. I tow more often than I thought i would, had to buy and aftermarket tow assembly and hitch for my 8 foot bed trailer I use.

I don't have a ton of gear yet, but as I go out exploring or looking up more and more gear setups other jeepers have I see a bit more what I'm gonna want with me. For example I know I'm going to buy a cage style roof rack, more lights, steel bumpers all around, winch, tire carrier with racks on the carrier, potentially a roof top tent for my prissy wife...list goes on

As it stands when both kids are in my stock jeep with my wife I can feel a very noticeable difference in the weight. The jeep sags bad when there's anything other than me.

Anyway I think this may be my answer. I don't want to go any bigger than 33s. But I want to be able to load my jeep to the brim and tow my kayaks and canoe with it without losing anything in off road.

Only questions I have is will the front suspension be too much while my two door is loaded down? Will I still get a hefty sag in the rear even with the jeep lifted 2 inches? Should I go with the part numbers for the rubi diesel for the rear suspension and rubi gasser for the front?

Thanks!
I'd just run the matching diesel spring set rather than mixing them, should be just about perfect for what you're planning. You could always add a spacer front or rear if you end up getting too much droop front or back. Be sure to include the longer mopar lift LCAs when you swap the suspension. Here's my install on both (LCAs are post #4)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

Newbomb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
I just bought Rubi Diesel springs (new take-off) haven't installed yet but the numbers are Front-6582AA Rear-3599AA

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Would be interesting to know the free length on those, compared to the the earlier release 3.0 that came with the 667's.
I have not tried any of the 2.0 springs. Just 3.6 JL, JT and 3.0 667's.

Can you look at the rear springs and get those #'s

Last edited:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Would be interesting to know the free length on those, compared to the the earlier release 3.0 that came with the 667's.
I have not tried any of the 2.0 springs. Just 3.6 JL, JT and 3.0 667's.

Can you look at the rear springs and get those #'s
Rear: 3601AA
Front: 7622AD

2021 JLUR - Diesel. hardtop, tow, etc. plastic bumpers.

Built end of July 2021.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back when I was swapping springs, The 3.0's sat flat. No nose down like all others. Does yours have a rake to the front like the rest ( gassers ) do?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Back when I was swapping springs, The 3.0's sat flat. No nose down like all others. Does yours have a rake to the front like the rest ( gassers ) do?
Right at 1/2" lower in front with plastic bumper.

if there are any specific measurements you need let me know. It will be stock until parts start coming off backorder.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1/2 is not bad at all. Think the gasser end up around 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 after about 5K miles.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
1/2 is not bad at all. Think the gasser end up around 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 after about 5K miles.
it is for sure taller, I have 7" of clearance between top of tire and bottom of fender. on my 2019 and 2020 JLUR 3.6 it was about 5" before a lift.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting. The 2.0 springs sound like they are taller and hold the weight. I'll have to try a set.

Seraphim

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Altitude Diesel
Tried to search and this thread is the closest i can find,
Did the OP have a Diesel or Gas to start with?

I have an 21 Sport Altitude Diesel (has same wheels as Sahara 255/70r18)
Im looking at a 21 Rubicon Diesel take off suspension and shocks thats pretty cheep on marketplace.

What type of lift can i expect? i Know Rubicons can handle 35" tires. after the suspension kit what else is needed to be able to get to 35's for me. i am assuming fenders.

I still have a tock plastic bumper that i may want to swap out eventually. since its my daily driver and i dont do any rock crawling, just over landing and trails im thinking 35's will be what i want. Plus with a Diesel i dont think i need to regear.

its a 3 hr drive each way so ill have to make a day of it. just wondering if it will be worth it.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many. Bolts are worn out now :CWL: I might the only person using anti seize instead of Loctite....
Sponsored