Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Gene
You will need to get the tag #'s off the springs.
Rubicon Diesel's are 3667 or 3668 AD Fronts. Rear's are 3601 and 3602 AA
Do not use gas spring they are shorter than the diesel springs.
Sponsored

Geka

First Name
Gene Volchenko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Diesel
Gene
You will need to get the tag #'s off the springs.
Rubicon Diesel's are 3667 or 3668 AD Fronts. Rear's are 3601 and 3602 AA
Do not use gas spring they are shorter than the diesel springs.
Thanks a lot for the information. Would happen to have part numbers for shocks?
Thanks, truly appreciate your help
Gene

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Rubicon red's all feel about the same. The diesel ones I had were 68273119AD and 68272561AD. Jeep changes the part# for shocks all the time. Not sure if these are still good #'s as 2021 model's might have new shock #'s. The good thing is springs still stay with the same #'s.

Geka

First Name
Gene Volchenko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Rubicon red's all feel about the same. The diesel ones I had were 68273119AD and 68272561AD. Jeep changes the part# for shocks all the time. Not sure if these are still good #'s as 2021 model's might have new shock #'s. The good thing is springs still stay with the same #'s.
Thanks a lot. Trully appreciat your help guys.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
The 375 is spread out amongst all the extra components the 3.0L diesel requires.

@Aintsfan25 I find it funny that the diesel or at least the Rubicon diesel seems to have the same springs for the left and right side. A while back closer to when I first joined this forum I saw the talk of passenger and driverside specific springs and I didn't believe it. Didn't make sense in my mind. Now come to find out the diesel might not, it's just interesting.

Anyhow, I'll be watching to see how this works out for you. I'm betting it's gonna be a killer setup that many will move to in the future.

Can you measure the overall width of those springs? Not the spring could diameter, but the space it takes up (our Jeep isn't here yet and I end up asking all sorts of silly questions that seem like I might be able to answer for myself).
The mopar specific lift kit also has the same 2 for the front

Sponsored

JLUu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have a set of JLUR (diesel) shocks if anyone is interested. Bought them from another member. Had only 500 miles on them. Decided to go different route.

OP
OP
Aintsfan25

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly
Hi, I am new to jeep. Got myself Sahara JLU Diesel 2020 and thought to swap suspension to lift a little. But reading online that it might not work if I simply take parts from gasoline rubicon. Since you did yours can you advise? Are there difference between gasoline and diesel shojs and coils? Also there was talk about LCA, would I need it? Thanks a lot in advance.
You will get little to no lift from a gas rubicon. It really wouldn't be worth your time and effort on the switch.

If I was you, I would look for a 4 door ecodiesel rubi suspension with a steel bumper and hardtop.
That will give your the best results but truthfully even then I think the lift may only be an 1"

Geka

First Name
Gene Volchenko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will get little to no lift from a gas rubicon. It really wouldn't be worth your time and effort on the switch.

If I was you, I would look for a 4 door ecodiesel rubi suspension with a steel bumper and hardtop.
That will give your the best results but truthfully even then I think the lift may only be an 1"
That is all 1"? I was told 2-2.5". Well I guess to know for sure I need to go to the dealer and measure myself. Thanks a lot guys for all your help. It was extremely useful.
Regards
Gene

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350

Ecodiesel's are an 1"+ taller on average, plus they are heavier. No way would it be standard to only gain an 1".

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Camry SE. ‘14 Odyssey EX-L
I am purchasing a Rubicon Diesel takeoff set W/ steel bumper, hardtop, and tow package) for my ‘21 JLU Willy

3668 (2)
3602 (2)
plus all the other suspension parts

I am totally new to Jeeps. Literally just ordered mine last week - lol. Found such a good price on this set, so I said why wait.

So what’s next? What do I need?

(2) Mopar LCAs
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/68322798aa.html

It sounds like a 0.75”-1” spacer in the rear will take care of the rake.
What brand? Link to order?

Do I need (or be beneficial to add) longer shocks like a set of Fox 2.0s I see floating around the marketplace?
- Will the Fox shocks be a good compliment to the apparently stiffer Diesel springs? I want to maintain good daily driving feel.

These are just a few questions I’m trying to figure out.

Lastly, will my stock 32” tires look ridiculous? I love the look of the Willys tires and rims.

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put the stock set up first. Feel it out, then adjust if needed. If you want it a little softer run the JL Fox Rubicon shocks.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
You definitely need the longer mopar lca’s to fix the steering caster.

I put 4 door hardtop rubicon springs on my 2 door sport and im super happy with it on 285/70-17’s.

if I ever get 35’s i’ll throw a 1.5” spacer in.
You would be fine with 3/4 dynastar spacers once you go to 35 - you will have slightly more clearance compared to 4dr Rubicon with 35s and high fenders.

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Camry SE. ‘14 Odyssey EX-L
Just put the stock set up first. Feel it out, then adjust if needed. If you want it a little softer run the JL Fox Rubicon shocks.
Would I need shock extentoons or just use as is (Using the shocks off the diesel not Willy)?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not if you keep it with just springs. If you go with spacers ( 2" ) you will need the shock extensions.
Keep it simple, try what you have, then adjust as needed.

Nvrmor

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi on order
Occupation
Brandt power unit operator
I have a soft top plastic bumper JLUR 3.6 would I see any height by going to the 3668/3602 springs? Or would it just reduce towing sag?
Sponsored