Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up some 305/65/r17s on rubicon hard rocks from a jk. Brand new, Im currently trying to get them to fit on my tire carrier, did you have an issue with yours? My rear view camera cover won't fit and I had to take the bumpers offs
My jeep was used and the camera “cover” was missing so I dont have the cover. I’m not sure it is needed.

I installed an LOD tire riser on mine. The 285 spare rubbed the stock bumper.

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...ar-bumpers/2018-jl-jeep-spare-tire-riser.html

I added these tire bumpers:

Energy Suspension 2.9105G SPARE... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDM1OCE?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They are tire bumpers for a JK but fit the JL fine. You just have to trim them down a bit. No rattle or noise from the tailgate with this combo.

5D5C8D59-4EB4-46BF-90A3-324DFABF6D94.jpeg
Sponsored

Cwissinger

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
You will probably get yours installed before mine so I would love to see how it turns out. Also do you have any part numbers or anything that I can use as a reference for mine?
I didn’t get everything installed today due to some other delays the shop had, but I did get part numbers for the springs. I couldn’t get the shocks as they hadn’t been uninstalled yet.

Both front springs were 68253667ad and both rear springs were 68253602aa.

OP
OP
Aintsfan25

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly
I didn’t get everything installed today due to some other delays the shop had, but I did get part numbers for the springs. I couldn’t get the shocks as they hadn’t been uninstalled yet.

Both front springs were 68253667ad and both rear springs were 68253602aa.

So we have the same front springs and you have 1 digit up on rear springs. I'm installing mine tomorrow, ill let you know how it goes

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aintsfan25

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly
The front is measured at 39 1/2
The rear is measured at 38 1/2

I got about a 2 1/2 to 3 inch lift all around.

I added the Mopar LCA and the steering is great. The steering wheel is a little off center and im going to adjust it when I get off.

I'm questioning whether I need to level it out?

What is yalls opinion?

Cwissinger

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
The front is measured at 39 1/2
The rear is measured at 38 1/2

I got about a 2 1/2 to 3 inch lift all around.

I added the Mopar LCA and the steering is great. The steering wheel is a little off center and im going to adjust it when I get off.

I'm questioning whether I need to level it out?

What is yalls opinion?
Nice. That seems to be quite a bit. Perfect for what I’m looking for.

About the Mopar LCA. Was that necessary or would the LCA from the suspension takeoff work? Just curious if I need this on my JLU or if it’s the same parts besides the shocks and springs.

Is the 1” of difference front to back noticeable? The reason I ask Is I have a 1” leveling kit currently on it. Wonder if I just need to take the front off and leave the back? Not sure if that how it’s works or not.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
NICE!!!
How does the front feel regarding firmness? Great to hear your steering is just fine, those longer LCAs are a godsend :)
I think your setup just perfect if you decide to get a steel bumper/winch in front, should be spot-on level then. If there are no plans to add those parts then you may want to space the back end up a bit, but really not a biggie. I think I'd wait until you get your larger tires mounted up, that might fill in some of the more obvious spaces :)

OP
OP
Aintsfan25

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly

About the Mopar LCA. Was that necessary or would the LCA from the suspension takeoff work? Just curious if I need this on my JLU or if it’s the same parts besides the shocks and springs.

Is the 1” of difference front to back noticeable? The reason I ask Is I have a 1” leveling kit currently on it. Wonder if I just need to take the front off and leave the back? Not sure if that how it’s works or not.

The mopar LCA, I thought was a necessity just from reading and consulting here. The drive is better than stock with the new LCA.

Just looking at it, it is barely noticeable. Sitting in it is a little bit more noticeable that it isn't level.
Overall I'm very happy with it!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

The LCA from the takeoffs should be the same, they've been the same for all other models, but maybe the diesel has different ones, you'd have to check the part # on those. If they are the same I would definitely get the longer Mopar LCAs, best $70 you'll ever spend :)

That 1" of space is noticeable from those pics, but once he gets his new tires on that extra space might not be too noticeable IMO.

OP
OP
Aintsfan25

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly
NICE!!!
How does the front feel regarding firmness? Great to hear your steering is just fine, those longer LCAs are a godsend :)
I think your setup just perfect if you decide to get a steel bumper/winch in front, should be spot-on level then. If there are no plans to add those parts then you may want to space the back end up a bit, but really not a biggie. I think I'd wait until you get your larger tires mounted up, that might fill in some of the more obvious spaces :)
Yes the LCAs made the steering better than stock and I had my wife confirm that!
I told my wife I'm In the market for a steel bumber!

OP
OP
Aintsfan25

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly
NICE!!!

It is a lot firmer but in a good way

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes the LCAs made the steering better than stock and I had my wife confirm that!
I told my wife I'm In the market for a steel bumber!
Way to go David, getting the wife on board is the biggest hurdle many of us have to deal with :)

This diesel swap seems to the way to go for the most lift, have you noticed much difference in the side to side lift?

My swap is a 1/4 to 1/2" higher on the drivers side (w/ a full tank of gas) and this was w/ mounting the longer springs on the passenger side. Kinda weird that it sits that way but you'd never notice the difference without a measuring tape :)

OP
OP
Aintsfan25

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly
Way to go David, getting the wife on board is the biggest hurdle many of us have to deal with :)

This diesel swap seems to the way to go for the most lift, have you noticed much difference in the side to side lift?

My swap is a 1/4 to 1/2" higher on the drivers side (w/ a full tank of gas) and this was w/ mounting the longer springs on the passenger side. Kinda weird that it sits that way but you'd never notice the difference without a measuring tape :)
Mine is the exact same way side to side. I thought it was quite funny.
Sponsored