Sponsored

EcoDiesel Petition for 2019 two-door Wranglers

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Should be able to check specs of ram 1500 trans dimensions... it will likely be the same. Also, room for DEF tank. Room underneath the 2 door disappears FAST. Discovered that quickly doing the LS swap =)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bearded_Dragon

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Should be able to check specs of ram 1500 trans dimensions... it will likely be the same. Also, room for DEF tank. Room underneath the 2 door disappears FAST. Discovered that quickly doing the LS swap =)
Plenty of room for the transmission (length wise). Maybe not as large of a DEF tank like the JLU/JT but who's to say the tank has to be under the Jeep? Look at where the windshield washer fluid is located (in the fender). I'd be fine with a smaller DEF tank, so what if I have to fill it 3-4 times per 10,000 miles.

In other news I'd love an LS swap, those engines have served me very well.

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
IZNTHESKY in Houston TX wishes Jeep would put a Diesel in a 2 Door Jeep. Ill buy one as as soon as they are available.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Signed the petition. Not sure I'm going this route but America is about free choice and FCA needs understand that. Same with 6 on the floor regardless of engine chosen. What do they think, we're all soccer moms. Nothing wrong with being one but I like my FREEDOM.

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Signed the petition. Not sure I'm going this route but America is about free choice and FCA needs understand that. Same with 6 on the floor regardless of engine chosen. What do they think, we're all soccer moms. Nothing wrong with being one but I like my FREEDOM.
FCA is free to choose whatever they want to sell. There's no business case for this to be made. 4 doors are outselling the 2 doors by more than two to one. Additionally this would be a third engine choice after the V-6 and the new turbo. It's not an in-house engine so it's not going to generate the same profit as the other two. The cost to store spare parts alone will be eating into the profits if you want to give people all the options. Not feasible. You have your choice; either buy a Jeep with the things offered or don't. Your petition won't sway their minds- this isn't politics.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
You have the freedom to buy a diesel engine for your 2-door, you have the freedom to buy a manual transmission and try to make everything fit.

I would bet 2-door manual transmissions are, what, 5% tops of all Wranglers purchased? I can't imagine how FCA would make money on the 200 people who would buy a diesel 2-door manual.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
How many extra parts involved in offering diesel for two doors versus four doors and when did manufacturers go away from just in-time inventory?

Keeping with tradition. Two doors are the trademark Jeep so why would FCA ever abandoned that platform? Same reasoning you still get box frame and full axles versus unibody efficient lighter independent suspension. No real world case value for that other than the few traditionalist or those who actually go off-road and even less who climb rocks. FCA was very cautious in designing the JL. Including that removable windshield which sacrificed MPG in meeting CAFE. Not everything will be by the numbers. I hope not.

Lowering the front door window to line up with the rear window has given the two door a better appeal. I think there’s still life for that platform. Make it's owners happy. Give them diesel. Worse case. Make it only available as an order build.

Last edited:

Sponsored

logix727

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
+1 for diesel +1 for 2-door models( it is iconic) and +1 for manual (even if it will never happen)
-500 for haters who say it won't sell there's a butt for every seat out there said someone famous.
I also would like to point out FCA clearly already lost 200 orders from the number of people signing the petition.

Last edited:

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
All the Haters can Bite One..
I would buy a 2 door with the 3.0, other than that if it doesn't happen I may get a New Bronco and put 1 tons under it. That would be new and cool anyway. When Jeep forgets who brought them to the dance, I'll take someone else home and leave them there.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
All the Haters can Bite One..
I would buy a 2 door with the 3.0, other than that if it doesn't happen I may get a New Bronco and put 1 tons under it. That would be new and cool anyway. When Jeep forgets who brought them to the dance, I'll take someone else home and leave them there.
That's the point, they're not forgetting. We're in the extreme minority and they would literally lose money doing this. They won't. There is no business case.

We should still ask.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution