Sponsored

Eco Diesel Under-hood Photo

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I know there is a video of it but I did a quick search and didn't see a static picture of the engine so i figured id post one. This was taken at the State Fair of Texas. The hood was closed and i'm not sure who opened it. :LOL:

Jeep 3.0.jpg
Sponsored

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
As much as I want one, and most likely will be ordering one shortly. This looks like a nightmare to work on. I can basically hop inside the engine bay and stand on the axle of my 3.8 to work on it.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Thanks for posting the pic. It gives us something to look at while we’re waiting!

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
With today’s covers. We don’t actually see the engine anymore.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
As much as I want one, and most likely will be ordering one shortly. This looks like a nightmare to work on. I can basically hop inside the engine bay and stand on the axle of my 3.8 to work on it.
Agreed... it looks pretty cramped in there. One complaint I have of the JLs in comparison to all of the previous Wranglers is the lack of room under the hood for mods. The engineers do a great job of shoe-horning all of that stuff in there. But as you said, it's a nightmare for mechanics and modders.

I've seen a few folks cram a compact ARB compressor under the hood. But I don't think there will be room for a Viair or Vixen style compressor, let alone a York. There might be room in there for an auxiliary fuse/relay box... but it'll be tight.
Sponsored